• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How long did it take you to learn how to wavedash?

jmic

Smash Ace
It took me about a day to learn it, a month to perfect the movement, and then another month to figure out how to implement it into my game, since Falcon's WD is short.

Wavelanding was 10x easier because everyone's timing is the same. Perfect platform dashing is what I'm working on now; being able to waveland across a whole platform with falcon. I can do it with Ganondorf, but his jump is like the perfect height for platform dashing.

bowsilver789

Smash Rookie
take me 30 minutes for training it with fox. I cant with bowser i get it 3 time at five tries.

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
Uhm. My WD was learned in a few minutes. After a weekend I got it great.

The harder ones for me were were Ganon, Link, Falcon, and Roy (just backwards for me)
I could not do Bowsers. Nope. Nu uh uh. Yoshi's was like: Put shield on, put shield off.

Now I have learn and is using a very typical wavedashing style. (even with Bowser)
Good ole nub days.

EDIT: I just realized something. It's going to be my 1 year anniversary of knowing now to wave dash soon in a few weeks. (Somewhere in July)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
it took me like a few days to master it seirously lol. its not hard at all. except for wavedashing with link because i played fox who u hav to wavedash fast with i felt weird and slow wavedashing with link but link took me about 1 week

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
falco took me a while to waveshine with because i kept on confusin it with fox waveshine and i kept on annoyingly just jumping with falco but it took me about 1 week to waveshine with falco

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Took me... 30 mins to learn. about.. 5 months before I was using it properly and not just for spam. 2 years after learning it ive intergrated almost all its uses into my game.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Took me a few tries to learn it, I still can't do it consistently though.

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
Now i can wave dash with everyone EXEPT bowser! i dont think he can even wave dash
No, Bowser can wavedash, but it doesn't go very far distance wise, however its fun to do.
I wavedash with him the most ^_^

On topic: It took me a couple of days to learn it, but a few weeks to learn to incorporate it correctly in my game.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i learned it in 1 day, but i have not yet perfected it. i have good days and bad days. im still doing sliding airdodges into the ground sometimes. especially when waveshining with fox etc. im pretty good at wavedashing tho, ive been doing it for about maybe 3 months or so

spike9407

Smash Apprentice
I learned it in a day and have it almost mastered in 6 days. I've only been playing for 7 days but I can do almost any advanced technique and am pretty good.

Engo

Smash Ace
With Luigi I wavedashed pretty frequently on my frist day with my other characters about a week to get the timing.

Now it's easy and very useful, but I do screw up every now and then =/

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
I took me about a half hour to learn, but im still having trouble putting it in my playing style. I think i cant wavesmash because of Doc's short range though...
thats why you WANT to wavesmash, so you can get in range fast enough!

i first learned of wavedashing in december 06, and to this day its still not fully integrated into my playing style (probably cause i main jiggy).

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Took me a week back in october. but it wasn't until this month i could do everything i wanted w/ it. (i play a techy fox btw).

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
hmm. I'd say it took me longer to learn how to apply it to battle. Than actually doin it.. Like i could wave dash after a night or 2. But to actually use it in battle is different and im still growin in it.

SSBfan55

Smash Rookie
took me about 10 minutes to be able to wd every once in a while in training. Still working on making it a habit and using it in battles.

Top Bottom