• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how is this not a feature yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xinviseo

Smash Rookie
i live across the country from a few good friends that i love to play smash with, and we cannot do a 2on2 together in battle arena. why cant i or my friends plug in another controller in an online arena and have player 2 pop up? instead of that, both controllers that are plugged in just control the same selector... what was the plan? get more people to buy switches and download smash? very silly IMO. im sure this has been suggested to nintendo already, wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Last edited:

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Nintendo knew people would subscribe no matter what. So they deliberately made the online terrible.
It was probably best for everyone to not subscribe to the online in the first place. Everyone should've listened to me when I told you to not join. Now look what happens.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Nintendo knew people would subscribe no matter what. So they deliberately made the online terrible.
It was probably best for everyone to not subscribe to the online in the first place. Everyone should've listened to me when I told you to not join. Now look what happens.
I'll bet you also believe the moon landing was faked and aliens steal your cattle.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
i live across the country from a few good friends that i love to play smash with, and we cannot do a 2on2 together in battle arena. why cant i or my friends plug in another controller in an online arena and have player 2 pop up? instead of that, both controllers that are plugged in just control the same selector... what was the plan? get more people to buy switches and download smash? very silly IMO. im sure this has been suggested to nintendo already, wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with not giving players multiple spots in line when the arena gets crowded. Think about it. I own three controllers. A Pro Controller and two pairs of JoyCons. I would theoretically be able to go into a public arena, claim to the system that there are three players by having three controllers setup, save myself two spots in line, and always be in. I would never be not playing. It would be a bit unfair to those who only use/own one controller and take up no more than one spot in line. This decision seems completely understandable.

That being said, if it's a private arena, there should be no reason why one can't use multiple controller ports. If someone is to exploit the after mentioned trick and get caught doing so, they can be removed from the lobby. This is the type of stuff we get out of a rushed game. Many aspects of the game weren't planned thoroughly enough, and the overall quality as a result suffered. My hopes is that these quirks like the one you made this thread for will be resolved over time, but for a game that's been out for 22 days, we can only hope for so much.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with not giving players multiple spots in line when the arena gets crowded. Think about it. I own three controllers. A Pro Controller and two pairs of JoyCons. I would theoretically be able to go into a public arena, claim to the system that there are three players by having three controllers setup, save myself two spots in line, and always be in. I would never be not playing. It would be a bit unfair to those who only use/own one controller and take up no more than one spot in line. This decision seems completely understandable.

That being said, if it's a private arena, there should be no reason why one can't use multiple controller ports. If someone is to exploit the after mentioned trick and get caught doing so, they can be removed from the lobby. This is the type of stuff we get out of a rushed game. Many aspects of the game weren't planned thoroughly enough, and the overall quality as a result suffered. My hopes is that these quirks like the one you made this thread for will be resolved over time, but for a game that's been out for 22 days, we can only hope for so much.
Why not set it so that players from the same console cannot be in seperate matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom