• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good was Diddy at E-For-All

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
For anyone who has been there. What would you rate Diddy /10 from what you've seen/expericened at E-For-All?

courte

Smash Lord
another friggin disappointment right now, but i'm glad he's in

courte

Smash Lord
well thats y i say right now

when i play the game, no doubt my opinion will change, and once we figure out proper application of his techniques than yay but he seems to be on par with dk

other than that he always looks awkward to me... then again i've still got to see him in motion and no youtube will simply not cut it :chucke:

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
gimpy and hugs said if they had to pick the top 3 characters in the demo (note 'had to' and 'demo'), they said Mario, Peach, Metaknight were the top 3.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
I think I saw what looked like used his tail in rapid succession( like Links Illusion stab).
imo Diddy had a good Fsmash,or was it Dsmash ?

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Can you pick up Diddy's banana? Im going to assume you can judging by various screenshots.

And yes. He MAY be top tier, but who knows at this point.

--

He's going to be my main nonetheless. And I cant think of any other char that would take up that spot.

Oddly enough there wasn't a char that actually felt like a Main char for me.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
I said MAY. I can't believe you just gave into a post like that, rofl.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
i can't believe you really said the first part, why are we so eager to break this gane down as soon as possible
I really dont like people breaking it down, but he was not breaking it down, he was just pointing out the obvious LAWL

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Pretty sure there's like absolutely no point in trying to determine Diddy's potential based off of crappy vids and from a couple guys that barely played as him.

but yeah, diddys cool >_>

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Pretty sure there's like absolutely no point in trying to determine Diddy's potential based off of crappy vids and from a couple guys that barely played as him.

but yeah, diddys cool >_>
Some people have been to E-For-All and played as Diddy, so they are basing Diddy's potential on what they've seen and expierenced.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
C'mon guys, how many time have Gimpy/I/other who played said it's stupid to try and start judging char potential/tiers off of what he played? WE PLAYED THE GAME FOR 3 AND 1/2 DAYS. That's nowhere near enough time to start accurately judging anything. Yes, Diddy was good and extremely fun to play as. Yes, he does look like he could have the potential to be a solidly good char, but even that's impossible to say because we haven't even played with over 1/2 of the cast! This thread is a complete repeat, and pointless....

To answer the other questions: Yes, he does throw the bananas backwards at an arch over his head, and yes, you or your opponent can pick them up again after they're laying on the ground. And that move where he flicks his tail in front of him repeatedly is his Ftilt, not his repeating neutral A like most ppl think.

PS: Noob Legend, you have waay to many posts, Lmao...

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
C'mon guys, how many time have Gimpy/I/other who played said it's stupid to try and start judging char potential/tiers off of what he played? WE PLAYED THE GAME FOR 3 AND 1/2 DAYS. That's nowhere near enough time to start accurately judging anything. Yes, Diddy was good and extremely fun to play as. Yes, he does look like he could have the potential to be a solidly good char, but even that's impossible to say because we haven't even played with over 1/2 of the cast! This thread is a complete repeat, and pointless....

To answer the other questions: Yes, he does throw the bananas backwards at an arch over his head, and yes, you or your opponent can pick them up again after they're laying on the ground. And that move where he flicks his tail in front of him repeatedly is his Ftilt, not his repeating neutral A like most ppl think.

Ok, lets not get hasty now! :laugh:
I do like to post in the Diddy forums, I plan on being the best!

Oh and thanks for the ftilt confirmation, Nick.
I was trying to find it in YouTube videos, cause I need the moveset for my complete history.

Everybody is doing the same thing with Olimar, kind of predicting what they'll be like.

He hasn't been played to full potential yet!

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
does it really matter what tier he is, not to me anyway as i will use diidy as the DK games are my favorite of all time. All tier lists will do is give my friends and others a reason to say “omg you only beat me with diddy (if he is high up the tiers) because he's better”

i prefare to use characters i like for being cool to me not because there 'better'

Layupfreak

Smash Ace

Hey Nick, i didnt want to know what Tier he is from this thread, i just wanted to know what people thought about him so far after playing as him. Things such as; speed,quickness etc.

Gea

Smash Master
At E4A I thought he was one of the best characters playable. Him and Pika were the ones that I thought would wind up at least high tier.

Top Bottom