• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good do you think mewtwo will get?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Thanks a lot. I appreciate that very much. That was a more in-depth response than most people get for character discussions. I was playing vs diddy when it was very late at night, so I don't ever remember how I was getting air grabbed, but I always remember getting punished.

As for the banana comments, I started screwing around with mewtwo's wavedash and banana manipulation and I have to agree, you can theif diddy's bananas really easy. This helps a lot for what problems I was having.

Which grab do you prefer at what percentages? I am under the impression that U-throw will be the best for comboing… but I guess downthrow has followups too.
Is it percent dependant?

I plan to incorporate more teleport-aerial to punish things like unsafe banana camping.

Thanks again.
As a Diddy player, uthrow is generally best for comboing, but Mewtwo is too floaty to get any followup out of that. I usually will do dthrow- if you DI it up at some percentages Diddy can get a fair, and if you DI away sometimes we get a dash attack. Your best option is to DI away and down and tech, but we get a techchase.

If you're talking about the air grab, there are only two options out of it- attack (which sends you up) and jump (which spikes you down). Diddies will generally always use the attack, unless you are offstage, or the Diddy has a naner in hand (jump to AGT down works).

If you aren't aware, airdodges in PM pick up bananas, which means wavedashes pick up bananas. You can just wavedash over a banana and the wavedash start picks it up. This includes running up to a banana and wavedashing backwards to pick it up safely.

You can use all of your aerials while floating without throwing the banana.

You can jump, teleport right over a naner, and wavedash to pick it up.

You can groundfloat over a naner and perform an aerial without tripping.

If Diddy is throwing naners at you, you can catch it with a wavedash, catch it with your reflector, or shield > jump > z-catch (but good Diddy players usually will be close enough to predict and respond to this).

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
Ok, yea. I wasn't clear. I understand all of the wave dashing and catching/reflection of bananas (I play link in addition to mewtwo, so I understand what can and can't be done in regards to catching, throwing, AGT and GTing).

With reference to the throws, I was asking from the mewtwo perspective what throws are the best for combing diddy. UThrow vs Dthrow and If you've had any difficulties or experience with the followups for mewtwo that work best against diddy.

I have gotten quite familiar with diddy's throws as I seem to be grabbed quite a lot during that matchup. Soon I'll will have mastered DI'ing from diddys throws, which is probibally a bad thing. I should work on grab avoidance/spacing.

Top Bottom