• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How gay can wolf be?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
ok this character in particular is so overally gay that is beyond sense. He has an anoying proyectile that cannot be stopped because is kind of invisible, forcing everyone to attack.

His attacks are stupidly fast and he has almost no lag when rolling or landing an aerial, is stupid!!. His forward smash is also nonsensical.. it covers more range than even marths, and has more knockback!.

I need to be all the fight gooing on the offensive while this chars just roll spam and wait for some moment to attack.

It reminded me almost the fight against sheik,,, just without the chainthrowas!!

is crazy!!!

some tips would be help full!!

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Honestly I think Marth and Wolf go even in this match.

Wolf is very safe and can spam well and his smashes give him good punishers.

His approach isn't amazingly good, but he can just camp to make things harder and he is a good camper.

For his camping, just perfect shield his lasers and walk forward each time you get it off. You can do other stuff, but his projectiles are so easy to perfect shield so you might as well abuse it.

To punish his rolls you just have to expect it and then punish. His F-smash is good, but not his main kill move. It's his d-smash that's his main kill move.

A good way to deal with any camping character with Marth is to camp in thier face with d-tils and SH fairs.

It's very scary and intimidating and most opponents will try to roll when you do this so you just have to punish it. Wolf's smashes are punishiable on block you just have to be quick.

Remember that shield drop is extremely fast so when you block something just drop your shield and go for a dancing blade combo for damage or a KO with a tipper smash.

You can kill Wolf sooner then he can kill you so use that to your advantage to gain a stock lead and you can also gimp his recovery.

Wolf's recovery is by far the easiest to gimp. Once he is off the stage you can just run out and swat him.

90% of the time you do this he will be done for.

Remember that at close range you can counter lasers or the bayonet on his gun.

His d-throw sets up a guessing game so be sure switch up what you do when he does it so you don't get predictable. Also make sure to watch what he does so you can come up with a counter measure.

If Wolf spams rolls then just wait and punish. Rolls are easy to punish if you look for them.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
wow, yeah, you really know what you are talking about... i had troubles with a lot of the points u mentioned...specially the down smash......

I never tried to go out and gimp his recovery so ill take that in consideration. I dont know why but i had a difficult time to kill wolf sometimes. In one match he went above the 200% mark and nothing seemed to kill him.

But oh well ill see what i can do....

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Powershielding his blaster and approaching after each powershield isn't fully reliable since many Wolves use this to bait you into an fsmash once you're in range. Just be ready for that if you choose this approach.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol with marth i like to gimp his ledge by hogging it a lot. sucks when he wont grab it

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
wait i have trouble gimping wolf with the fair because his side b is so fast that i don't have time to go out there or he just gets me first. what am i doing wrong? thanks in advance.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I think Marth and Wolf go even in this match.

Wolf is very safe and can spam well and his smashes give him good punishers.

His approach isn't amazingly good, but he can just camp to make things harder and he is a good camper.

For his camping, just perfect shield his lasers and walk forward each time you get it off. You can do other stuff, but his projectiles are so easy to perfect shield so you might as well abuse it.

To punish his rolls you just have to expect it and then punish. His F-smash is good, but not his main kill move. It's his d-smash that's his main kill move.

A good way to deal with any camping character with Marth is to camp in thier face with d-tils and SH fairs.

It's very scary and intimidating and most opponents will try to roll when you do this so you just have to punish it. Wolf's smashes are punishiable on block you just have to be quick.

Remember that shield drop is extremely fast so when you block something just drop your shield and go for a dancing blade combo for damage or a KO with a tipper smash.

You can kill Wolf sooner then he can kill you so use that to your advantage to gain a stock lead and you can also gimp his recovery.

Wolf's recovery is by far the easiest to gimp. Once he is off the stage you can just run out and swat him.

90% of the time you do this he will be done for.

Remember that at close range you can counter lasers or the bayonet on his gun.

His d-throw sets up a guessing game so be sure switch up what you do when he does it so you don't get predictable. Also make sure to watch what he does so you can come up with a counter measure.

If Wolf spams rolls then just wait and punish. Rolls are easy to punish if you look for them.

Thanks AGAIN, Emblem you really know what your talking about. Every time i see a post from you, i really lern sumthing, thanks you relly mentioned alot of points i had troubles with.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If Wolf is in range for his side b to get him on the ledge just hug the ledge. This means you run out and try to time it so you grab the ledge a split second before he would. To hug just run off the ledge then press the analog stick towards the stage. You can fast fall this once you get good enough.

Irow

Smash Ace
wait i have trouble gimping wolf with the fair because his side b is so fast that i don't have time to go out there or he just gets me first. what am i doing wrong? thanks in advance.
The problem you're probably having is the timing of the fair. You have to slash right before he makes contact with you. You could always counter as well. But fair/bair are normally better to hit.

I'd have to put this match in Marth's favor. It's not easy, but Marth still has the upperhand. If you space right and play safe against Wolf, you'll kill him before he kills you. Call his down smash and hit him with one of your own. I've found that the down smash>front smash most of the time with Marth. It's much easier to tip with, and unless my eyes decieve me, it has at least the same range.

If you're having problem with Wolf's quick moves, remember your moves are even quicker. You have to make sure that you get the upper hand in posistioning and don't go straight up fair spam. That **** don't work on Wolf. You have to mix it up. Get Wolf off the stage. Get him above you. That's where his abilities are undermined by Marth the easiest.

60/40 Marth advantage. Priority won't beat out Marth's speed and spacing ability. Wolf's projectile is a joke because of the amazingness of the shield in this game. Remember, get that ******* off the edge. Don't just rely on the fair in this match. Bait with it, DI back. This match is a punish game. And Marth is too good at that.

Side Note: Marth's Forward B is way too good.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
If homosexuality equals patheticness it would be safe to assume your gay?
i think is also safe to say that u are a wolf main and you like ***** my friend.
The problem you're probably having is the timing of the fair. You have to slash right before he makes contact with you. You could always counter as well. But fair/bair are normally better to hit.

I'd have to put this match in Marth's favor. It's not easy, but Marth still has the upperhand. If you space right and play safe against Wolf, you'll kill him before he kills you. Call his down smash and hit him with one of your own. I've found that the down smash>front smash most of the time with Marth. It's much easier to tip with, and unless my eyes decieve me, it has at least the same range.

If you're having problem with Wolf's quick moves, remember your moves are even quicker. You have to make sure that you get the upper hand in posistioning and don't go straight up fair spam. That **** don't work on Wolf. You have to mix it up. Get Wolf off the stage. Get him above you. That's where his abilities are undermined by Marth the easiest.

60/40 Marth advantage. Priority won't beat out Marth's speed and spacing ability. Wolf's projectile is a joke because of the amazingness of the shield in this game. Remember, get that ******* off the edge. Don't just rely on the fair in this match. Bait with it, DI back. This match is a punish game. And Marth is too good at that.

Side Note: Marth's Forward B is way too good.
thanks a lot really... its easier said than done but ill try.... tot tell you the truth, i have tried to bypass the proyectile game with Pshield, but on the net is so difficult because of the input lag.

Yesterday, i fought a wolf (he was not that good like the first one but still), and some of the tips here were very useful. It seems that the fair is not as usefull,,, it has difficulties in killing wolf even at high %. And the forward smash is like saying "please roll and hit me".
Ill have to practise more.

V

Smash Ace
yeah wolf is pretty cheap against marth i agree but i think its something you have to figure out on your own

EpyonBlood

Smash Rookie
Ok I have the same problem as you. But listen, I was thinking of some ways to get around it. I developed a theory. If the wolf you're fighting spams with laser and when you get close f-smashes away, then try this: short hop over to wolf, and if you can expect a fsmash, fast fall into a counter. Or this alternate theory: full jump over to wolf, directly above him, fast fall and shield as SOON as you touch the ground. Shield his fsmash, then hit him with your own (i dunno if there's enough distance though, if that doesn't work, then try to short hop into a fair). These are just theories I'm working on, I haven't had much practice. But good luck, and let me know if any of those work lol.

Nixis

Smash Cadet
yeah... but wolf doesnt always have to use fsmash, he could use usmash pwn the marth.
his blasts are slow. use this to your advantage. platforms help too of course. basic projectile dodging.
his smashes, just look out for them... if you can see them coming, you will b able to dodge, shield, reflect, etc.

Top Bottom