• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Far Is Too Far?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I found a new tactic, kill yourself to win.

Seriously if she cares about small stuff like this hard enough that it messes up her entire game, what'll happen if she gets wobbled by an IC?

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
THEN I PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE FOR WOBBLING AN INNOCENT NEW COMPETITIVE PLAYER INSTEAD OF SIMPLY DOING THE DTHROW DAIR CHAINGRAB INSTEAD BECAUZE ICZ CAN DO A MILLION THINGS NOT ONLY WOBBLING BY THE WAY Ness SUCKS CUZ PIKACHU CAN BEAT HIM.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
THEN I PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE FOR WOBBLING AN INNOCENT NEW COMPETITIVE PLAYER INSTEAD OF SIMPLY DOING THE DTHROW DAIR CHAINGRAB INSTEAD BECAUZE ICZ CAN DO A MILLION THINGS NOT ONLY WOBBLING
lol. I meant like when she got more experienced and encountered somebody like this. And what would you say if she got waveshined? When/If I was a new player, I wouldn't like the person I'm playing against to hold back. Doing stuff like that helps you improve.

BY THE WAY Ness SUCKS CUZ PIKACHU CAN BEAT HIM.
Then why does Ness have a **** matchup vs. pikachu? And he's the only character he has a grab range advantage against.

Though pikachu is a much better character than Ness (cuz he has better matchups against the important people), Ness still ***** him (cuz he doesn't have the stuff that screws up Ness).

Also, you're assuming I don't play Peach and Sheik as well. >.>

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I was unaware that Ness ***** Pikachu. In my experience, I dashdance an upsmash and Ness' prepubescent shreiks echo throughout the room.

Eric has a great Ness, but it doesn't beat my Pikachu. So as to not take away from the thread, could you PM me some reasons why Ness ***** Pikachu?

Finally, lol at playing Peach and Sheik as well. Didn't I beat your Sheik with Pikachu? =D . On like... Dreamland? =D .

I always thought Pikachu ***** low tiers, mostly because of upsmash and good edgeguard game. Against higher tiers, Pikachu has bad matchups against... Falco, Sheik, and Marth. Everyone else is hard but at least do-able.

-------------- on topic --------------
When new competitive players are actually hit with those techniques they've read about, don't most of them take it graciously? I've played a lot of noobz, and most of them are like "whoaa that lookz funnnn", as opposed to "wtf ur cheep haxx shine fox is gay". Few competitive players, new or not, complain about things they've seen on youtube lots.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439

S2

Smash Lord
SDing sounds like a pretty good mindgame in your situation. But be careful because it looks like she's interpreting it as more than simply a tactic in the game. It doesn't make sense to me, but you gotta be careful about that.

I had a friend who did this to me. He'd die to deny me kills. After a while I just stopped caring. He'd announce that I'm not going to get the kill and I'd tell him that's fine - since he's just getting worse by SDing when it gets tough (not developing the skills of fighting under heavy pressure -since its very possible to make combacks).

Keep in mind that these are friendlies and the skill gap was significant.

Don't try this tactic at a tournament. No one cares if you SD 4 times as long as they win.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I was playing vs some Falco scrub, and the first thing that he did in the match was suicide. I taunted. He got really upset, and shouted at me
The people I play with in Dallas including myself always taunt/call mindgames after someone suicides. The best thing to do is yell about some fake maneuver you pulled off to people who weren't watching the match so that all they see is the persons lost stock.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I've had people self-destruct while playing me in a traditional 4-stock, 8-minute time limit match. They self-destructed VOLUNTARILY, and as soon as I saw that they did that, I immediately ended the match and said something like "Dude, don't do that - it's not a fair match anymore." Basically, I didn't want my opponent to be crippling himself because that would give ME an unfair advantage and therefore make the game invalid. It depends on how you look at it...I looked at it as a breach in the "fairness" of the game, and, being a pretty competitive person, I like things to be as fair as possible. If my opponent voluntarily makes it easier for me to win, I don't like that - I want to be challenged and I don't want my opponent to "help" me to win.. That's not to say that you still can't end up winning if you self-destruct (you did, right?), but in my case, I'd feel bad because I'd technically have an unfair advantage. That's why I ended the game - the girl you're playing with seems to have a different reason for disliking it, and, because I myself dislike it when people do that, I'd say you have to respect that.

Of course, in tournament play, if someone self-destructs, you can't re-set the game or get mad - rather, you'd only count yourself lucky and take advantage of the fact that your opponent is now one stock down from you without you having done anything. However, when playing non-tournament matches, I would still end the match if my opponent self-destructed because again, it's giving ME an unfair advantage (in my opinion) and I'd rather not play with such an advantage. In tournaments, anything that happens WITHIN THE GAME is considered "fair" (excepting banned things like stalls and crashes), and thus you have to treat it as such, even if it's really not all that fair.

I wouldn't play this game with out at all. You sound like a major homo-***got who takes the game too seriously.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
eyo when i play with my roomate (i always 3 stock him when i try) he started do something close to that id be winning 3 stock to 1 and hed get a 150 damage ko and be like " hey i got one kill , no satisfation for you!" and kill himself and b4 that he would fake runnign the edge and hed come bak and id die trying to hit him b4 he died. the second example made me better becuase i learned to hit him on the way down and survive so that option wasnt viable for him. but now he just runs off after he gets a kill on me. so since we both play wow i say something like mind games biznatch or "FEAR!!" and thats enough for me
but that was crazy smart. gotta give you props for that.

and for the record that dude was right, you dont need to mind game a girl and if you do its somethin like a reference to a unibrow or mustache that isnt there
and you need to do something worse and put that GC in the bedroom so you can have angry sex when you beat on her

Top Bottom