• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do ZSS players deal with a SMASH BALL in Brawl?

Young Kai

Smash Rookie
In a melee fight and there's a Smash Ball floating around, you obviously don't want the other people to get it but then you're kinda forced to be Samus for a while.

I'm starting to get curious about having ZSS as second but does that mean I also should learn Samus?

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Real players don't use items. If you use items, use whichever character you want; you'll suck either way.

g2g4l

Smash Apprentice
Okay for real people who don't just straight 1 V 1 final destination no items. You just try to either build up as much dmg as you can trying to keep them away from the ball or two attempt to play samus who is a great defensive char and can survive till it comes back and deal a great punch getting rid of it

Adapt

Smash Lord
In a melee fight and there's a Smash Ball floating around, you obviously don't want the other people to get it but then you're kinda forced to be Samus for a while.

I'm starting to get curious about having ZSS as second but does that mean I also should learn Samus?
start taunting

Paff

Smash Journeyman
I play mostly-casual, and although I and the people I play with usually have items off, there are those who prefer them on and so I end up having to deal with smash balls sometimes.

From what I can see, the easiest solution is probably just to second Power Suit Samus and switch as you get smash balls. You can also combine that with getting good at the taunt transformation and switching back, but then you feel robbed since ZSS's final smash is so terrible (or at least, whether or not it pwns anyone seems to be 100% random and not very likely, but I suppose there might be some consistency to it and I'm just being n00bish with her final smash).

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If someone turns on Smash Balls, I go either DK or Snake. Sometimes I'll go ZSS because I can at least attempt a taunt transformation.

If I know I'm a lot better than my opponent, I'll get the Smash Ball and just not get hit.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
rack up damage, get smash ball, get the KO, taunt transform, 3 shiny new suitpieces... awww yeaaa...

Jadeyes

Smash Rookie
Haha, I actually enjoy getting the smash ball as ZSS. I'm a ZSS/Samus main anyways, so the switch to samus is often times welcome. What I struggle with is when the smash ball appears and I'm currently powersuit, now that Final Smash sucks. At least with ZSS you can count on the kill if you know how to set it up, but with Samus's all the opponent has to do is shield to avoid the stupid thing, and then they get a free kill or at least a good hit on you while your transforming!

My crew only really play with Smash Balls during free for alls anyways though, so its not like we're being all that competitive anyways.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
I second Samus, so it's not a huge problem to play with Smash Balls against friends. However, I typically go for the smash ball and then just try to avoid using the paralyzer for as long as I can. I usually slip up, but the Samus knowledge comes in handy in that situation. Depending on the opponent, sometimes it's better to just let them get the ball.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Okay for real people who don't just straight 1 V 1 final destination no items. You just try to either build up as much dmg as you can trying to keep them away from the ball or two attempt to play samus who is a great defensive char and can survive till it comes back and deal a great punch getting rid of it
We are not "real players," a person who plays Smash is as real as the next one. We simply don't use items so we can eliminate the chance aspect of play as much as possible, so we can focus on honing our skills. Which is why we will almost always win anyways, because we dont depend on a hammer to spawn over us to win.

If you play with smashballs, just be sonic

Julz

Smash Apprentice
This should probably be in the general discussion. Meh.

What I do in FFA's:
-Use the final smash on a whole bunch of players
-Space with Powersuit suit Samus (Z-air spam) until I get a trophey or pokeball (or anything that can protect me)
-perform the taunt transformation whilst being protected to become ZSS again.

A whole lot faster than waiting for the smash ball. If it does show up then go for it.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Dsmash->Final Smash for ZSS.

Regardless, just learn how to Zair and combo with Samus and you can live long enough to get the Smash Ball for her Final Smash.

Or learn to taunt transform.

Either or.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
Young kai if your going to play with smash balls pick sonic case close . Close thread plz.(Sonic will piss your friends of so hard they will never want to play with smash balls again!)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Snake is better for Smash Balls. His is ridiculously good, and he doesn't suck otherwise. People will learn to hate smash balls because of Snake, if anything.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
So this just became a legitimate question in no-item matches. I just fought against a friend who uses Dedede and he can spawn Smash Balls with his side-B. The same is true of Peach, right?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
DDD can only spawn Smash Balls if item spawns are set to none, but Smash Balls are still on. Turn all items off and set their spawn rate to none. Kill them dead.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
We are not "real players," a person who plays Smash is as real as the next one. We simply don't use items so we can eliminate the chance aspect of play as much as possible, so we can focus on honing our skills. Which is why we will almost always win anyways, because we dont depend on a hammer to spawn over us to win.

If you play with smashballs, just be sonic
Young kai if your going to play with smash balls pick sonic case close . Close thread plz.(Sonic will piss your friends of so hard they will never want to play with smash balls again!)
If you really want a good final smash attack pick sonic, his is the best. Either that or one of the space animals.
Side step?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Learn the taunt switch. ZSS becomes instantly amazing, and you get your suit pieces back. It doesn't take much practice to get good at the switch, I just put my first 2 fingers of my right hand together on top of the dpad and wiggle it until it goes. I can switch pretty much on command. I wish there was one for reverse so I could summon suit pieces at will.

Top Bottom