• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you think while you play?

l3rian

Smash Cadet
im thinking all about timing. edgehogging, short hopping, shielding, side stepping, SHDA (TL), chain grab (falco). sometimes i have to chill for a second when i want to do something, like when an opponent dodge rolls and i have to wait to attack when hes done or when they are about to b up for a recovery that would hit me. you gotta master the invincibility frames to edgehog the fierce recoveries

L__

Smash Master
Hmm...Thinking. In brawl? What's wrong with this thread? Lol. Just kidding guys. I don't usually think about the match for the first 1 1/2 stocks. After about 100% on my second stock I would watch out for any missed move they do and abuse it.

Scala

Smash Ace
I don't think about the match. Most of the time I can't remember anything that happened unless something particularly odd/awesome happens. I'm pretty nervous before-hand but during the match I blank out.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Usually for me it goes like this:

If I'm fighting someone for the first time, I'm somewhat nervous before hand and until I get the feel of the fight, after that I've very calm...it's just my nature I guess.

When fighting friends, see above but remove the nervous part.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
I usually start the match off thinking about my opponent. If I've played them before, then I usually stay pretty relaxed throughout, thinking of common strategies I know they use and how to best combat them to my advantage. If I've never played them before, I'm usually pretty tense at the start of the match. My first life is usually used to figure out attack patterns [if any] and find weaknesses that I can exploit. 2nd life is for testing strategies, and if it works, I just keep repeating, if it doesn't I use my third life to find any weaknesses I found in the 2nd life. My 2nd life, I'm usually pretty relaxed, and my last life, I'm always tense. My hands always sweat too, nothing changing that. I also have a tendency to keep a watch on my %, and whenever I have a higher % than my opponent I usually start to play a little more aggressive and tense up.

Top Bottom