• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you think Smash 4 could be improved?

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
What improvements do you think would be sufficient to this in any kind of way?

I think they could of given Smash 4 in general better skins ( ex: Original Reverse Mario/Blue Mario costume from 64-Brawl. ) Let Smash Wii U have an adventure mode over Smash Tour and Smash 3ds get a better assortment of stages.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
There's many things I feel like would make the game better but what I'd like to see the most would be a buffed Jigglypuff and Dedede, it's ridiculous that with all these patches that neither of them have got a single buff, especially when you realize some characters have literally gotten more than 20 buffs already.

DAVEY BOI

Smash Rookie
Meh, it's a pretty good game. It has a wide variety of characters but I miss Snake and Wolf. I also think It could move a bit faster like how Melee was. An improvement in the shine and Marth's range would be pretty great too.

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
In addition to both of your ideas I would like to see Ness get his Double jump cancel back( along with giving Lucas one ), Mario Tornado be a custom move, a more wide selection of music, making Jigglypuff's rest how it was from 64-Brawl.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I agree with adventure mode. Though a more Melee style one might work better. Also, break the targets with individual stages.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
All of this is just wishful thinking on my part, but having Adventure Mode and SSE would be nice. It would actually give Smash 4 some kind of SP content after all, other than just Classic, All Star and Smash Run/Tour, with the last one obviously not having been received very well. Classic and All Star are kind of boring and they always feel kind of cheaty.

Arthur97

Smash Master
All of this is just wishful thinking on my part, but having Adventure Mode and SSE would be nice. It would actually give Smash 4 some kind of SP content after all, other than just Classic, All Star and Smash Run/Tour, with the last one obviously not having been received very well. Classic and All Star are kind of boring and they always feel kind of cheaty.
Also, Wii U's classic mode is not classic mode.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
In fact, just anything better than As* Tour would be nice. Adventure Mode was a challenge, but fun at the same time. Smash Run was a fantastic distraction. Smash Tour is a combination of being too bland and too long. It kind of out stays it's welcome.

Not to mention that some of the challenges made me hate the damn thing. Like, seriously? Just f***ing appear, you damn Metroid!

Last edited:

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
1 more thing is that they can get rid of the mess they call the Wii u classic mode and make it the " classic " classic mode from 64-Brawl. ( Smash 3ds' classic mode was okay )

Last edited:

Dawn111

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-9069-5382
Make the voice acting better for some of the characters, like Fox and Falco!? xD

On topic, I really like the fact that it adds the Omega stages for each of the stage roster, in which they all act like Final Destination stages, but I would also like to have the Battlefield type of stages. Perhaps I would like to call them Alpha stages, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
Make the voice acting better for some of the characters, like Fox and Falco!? xD

On topic, I really like the fact that it adds the Omega stages for each of the stage roster, in which they all act like Final Destination stages, but I would also like to have the Battlefield type of stages. Perhaps I would like to call them Alpha stages, but I'm not sure.
I think Falco's voice is alright ( but Fox's is awful lol ), but I do like the idea of Alpha stages which you and many people have suggested before.

Samuelwisebaggins

Smash Cadet
  • Add an option to not have smashes without c-stick.
  • Characters are considered KO'ed immediately on star/screen KOs
  • Remove random untechables
  • Stock is default instead of time
  • Buff all low and bottom tiers

flamer180

Banned via Administration
What improvements do you think would be sufficient to this in any kind of way?

I think they could of given Smash 4 in general better skins ( ex: Original Reverse Mario/Blue Mario costume from 64-Brawl. ) Let Smash Wii U have an adventure mode over Smash Tour and Smash 3ds get a better assortment of stages.
I got the solution my awesome shulk!

It is to remove the wit fit trainer! Once and for all!

• Add an option to not have smashes without c-stick.
  • Characters are considered KO'ed immediately on star/screen KOs
  • Remove random untechables
  • Stock is default instead of time
  • Buff all low and bottom tiers
Why you want the C-stick? Its just cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

flamer180

I think you answered your own question there...
I'm also really feeling the removal of WFT and Buffing Jigglypuff
I just cant believe people think the C-stick is fair lol

Im feeling it too. Jigglypuff for sure! That boy could use a upgrade!

flamer180

How is the c-stick not fair?
The better question is, HOW is it fair?!?!

Its cheap as sh*t! It requires no effort whatsoever. What fun is playing smash bros if all you have to do to win, is click over on the c-stick?

If you think you have skill using it fine lol But that doesnt count for true skill.

I think we may be dealing with a troll. Probably best to ignore.
Oh so your a fan of c-stick too huh? haha

Probaley a melee die-hard fan who thinks melee is faster than brawl.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
Seeing how strict this site is, i'm surprised I didn't get banned for having a banned person on my thread.

I don't see the use of removing the C-stick personally but, you are free to think about whatever you like. I think Shulk would really feel some reduced enlag on his moves.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Let's see here. More balance patches, a combination of adventure mode and SSE would be nice. More opportunities for custom movesets and mini games like Home Run, Multi-Man Smash and more for online would appeal online more for me in my opinion.

Just a personal preference of mine, but I'd like it if Fountain of Dreams, Fourside and Poke Floats came back as DLC stages.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Fixing that random no tech glitch caused by the spinning animation. Im really afrad of what that will do for the competetive scene if not patched.

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
Let's see here. More balance patches, a combination of adventure mode and SSE would be nice. More opportunities for custom movesets and mini games like Home Run, Multi-Man Smash and more for online would appeal online more for me in my opinion.

Just a personal preference of mine, but I'd like it if Fountain of Dreams, Fourside and Poke Floats came back as DLC stages.
I do like those Melee stages and while I wouldn't care about whether or not the minigames were online, I do see the appeal. Also that combo of SSE and Melee's adventure mode sounds interesting

Fixing that random no tech glitch caused by the spinning animation. Im really afrad of what that will do for the competetive scene if not patched.
Could you provide a link for that glitch?

Last edited:

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
In game option to go and change any individual detail changed in a patch (global, character specific, stage, etc. Play Cloud with pre 1.04 vectoring or something, selectively revert nerfs to a character while retaining buffs). Option to toggle or otherwise switch between customs (as in, you have all 12 specials in one match, if enabled). No random untechables. Add all the 3DS stages to Wii U and vice versa. Remove Smash Tour, add actual story mode, or Board the Platforms, or Break the Targets, or something. Make what Peach fsmashes with based on how you angle the input.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Attribute logic has been one thing that has baffled me for some of the fighters. Wario is an aerial speedster, and yet more than half of the roster moves faster in the air than Rosalina. I would think that air speed would be one of Rosalina's strong points, which is why I often felt that she should've had the 3rd best air speed (only Jigglypuff and Yoshi would be faster in the air than her).

SmashNOiZ

Smash Rookie
NNID
ReisNorthwin
I feel like there could be more characters that aren't just the crappy mii fighter outfits, like give us geno from mario rpg, or give us Ashley from wario ware, but please, if we get anymore fire emblem characters, give us Tharja, Keaton, Kaden or Ranulf...they are all very interesting characters and would have some very different moves from the rest of the cast.

Last edited:

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
That's intentionally in the game. Not a glitch. It's just one of the small RNG things that are in the game.

Personally for me though, if your settings in Smash mode were saved between power cycles that would be beautiful. Not having to switch to stock every time.

Oh, and remove Ganondorf from the game, have the developers actually play some Zelda games, then add Ganondorf to the game.

Stryker

Smash Journeyman
DASH DANCING PLEASE!!!

I just want to be able to play and I can't cause all my habits translate badly both ways T.T
Proper normal input for dash dancing is the only change I want.

Last edited:

Karker

Smash Rookie
For god sakes fix the c-stick bug
i dont know if it happens on just gamecube controllers
but if you hold the c-stick you literally cant input a direction to move.
so if you do an aerial and hold it because you are used to being able to, you will literally just slowly stop moving and when you land you wont be able to put in a direction as long as you hold the c-stick.

how is this game almost 2 years old and still hasnt fixed this stupid bug is beyond me.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
  • Bring back Adventure Mode
  • Bring back Melee's scoring system and the decision multiplayer mode
  • Ice Climbers and Wolf
  • Donkey Kong and Bowser get their actual voices
  • Marth, Little Mac, Mewtwo, Roy, and Cloud get their English voices in the game
  • Stock matches online with anyone

Top Bottom