• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do you shorthop nair small characters?

mventre

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

I cannot for the life of me hit small characters ( i.e, Olimar) with Marth's SH nair while they are grounded. I usually use the nair more of a defense mechanism where as I would dash and then SH nair in place while DIing backwards and also use it when the opponent is already in the air but I just can't seem to land it on these guys when they are already grounded. Any tips on how to land this or is it just not practical to use while small characters are grounded? Is it simply SH and nair while FFing? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
To land the SH nair on such short characters.... you can't do it as early as you want. Wait to perform the Nair so you can fastfall it immediately after it starts. That way the last hit should hit short characters. I know this works cuz i play a very aggressive Oli and i SH Nair to get things started for me.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
probably yes btw i have exactly same problem since in melee i used that move alot defensively:(

Nozra

Smash Rookie
the only way i know to guarantee to land both hits is to do something unecessarily risky

which is to do a long-distance lazy short hop toward an enemy and nair - at which point, god willing , theyll think its an fair and probably shield the first and take the second. in this way i Guess (eyeroll) u should be able to land both on the descent if u dont ff.

but 4srslylol ... just fair the oxygen helmet wearing ******* and pursuit-nair his *** while hes in the air like the rest of us lol

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Why are you trying to SH nair short characters?

Why are you trying to SH nair anyway?

The Nair has a higher angle now then it did in Melee.

Harder to hit with, cept vs tall characters.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Exactly, try using a backward DI'd SH'd Fair instead. Chances are that you'll usually tipper with it, giving it a knockback effect similar to the second hit of N-air (except weaker of course). Perfect for camping to slowly up your opponent's percentage for the kill.

mventre

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the tips guys ..i know that the fair is more effective against these characters ..i just wanted to see if it was actually possible

Top Bottom