• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you SDI?

holyv

Smash Journeyman
How to?
i play luigi, and his aerial cancelling is not good enough, plus my normal DI sucks.

So i would like to know: How sdi works? what happens when you do it? How it does help you?(i know it helps a lot, i watched people SDI videos, it's amazing)

Life

Smash Hero
Smash DI is when you hit a direction while in hitlag and you sort of "teleport" a bit.

Master regular DI before worrying about it though, because it's easy to screw up the timing.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
As far as normal DI goes, the goal is to be shot towards the upper corners of the screen. To do this you basically have to add the direction you press the control stick with the direction you were sent flying.

TLDR: If you're sent horizontally, you want to DI by holding the control stick up or down (usually up for an easier time recovering) If you're sent vertically, you want to DI towards a corner of the screen by holding the control stick left or right (whichever corner is closer). In addition, you want to practice sending out your fastest aerial to help cancel momentum (I think for Luigi it's the F-air, but I'm not sure on that one.)

Top Bottom