• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you react every time someone insults you on FG?

phire_

Smash Cadet
I would say my full reaction every time someone does this, but I'd rather not list some gruesome details of what I want to do to those people.

So I'll just leave my reaction as this: find users played with, track down that person, report and block them, then begin to question humanity.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
I would say my full reaction every time someone does this, but I'd rather not list some gruesome details of what I want to do to those people.

Tell me more

___
I don't do anything. Just leave after I finished my allotted matches, aka however many I feel like staying for.

Pherae77

Smash Cadet
Switch tags between LOL and Chill_Bud over and over again until the match starts and then run away the whole match crouching over and over again and taunting and then eventually SDing and repeating until they leave.

Instead of trying to beat the person, and risking losing and getting mad, and playing into what they want even more, just try to make them feel like a loser for taking a game so seriously.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Anytime someone loses to me and starts insulting me because they think they're better...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Depends on the situation, and the insult too!

People calling you noob when they lose (especially when they are spamming badly), you know it's time to laugh.

On the other hand, when they win and they get cocky, I just don't care much.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
Switch tags between LOL and Chill_Bud over and over again until the match starts and then run away the whole match crouching over and over again and taunting and then eventually SDing and repeating until they leave.

Instead of trying to beat the person, and risking losing and getting mad, and playing into what they want even more, just try to make them feel like a loser for taking a game so seriously.
Hahaha you are so mischievous.

Chadmander

Smash Cadet
When I play as :4samus:I usually get called a spammer(even if I'm not spamming) followed by the n-word.
I just put a :)
If they stay for another match i grab and pummel them repeatedly.

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
Depends. If they're really good and they say you suck. I'll respond "I suck" then they'll feel bad >:) (I literally had this happen to me against a :4rob: I faced. He won by a SLIGHT amount. He yelled at me with " USUCK" I responded with "I Suck". He responded then with "NOOOOOOO" then left. I use this plan every time :3)
If the player isn't really good and they lost and disrespects me I'll respond with "Get Rekt". It honestly depends how much of a jerk the guy or gal is and it honestly depends on if they beat me or not and if they beat me how much they beat me by.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Depends on what the tag says, though I mostly just ignore them. If that same person decides to go for another round, then I'll taunt with no mercy after a kill. I don't taunt at all after a kill because I'm a kind-hearted person who's been through hell a lot but if that person decides to throw unnecessary insults at me for being a sore loser or whatever, then I will not hesitate to do it.

Soulflier

Smash Rookie
NNID
Soulflier
Go back in a game and spike them as Gannondorf. Then I say "Git Gud"

LordMudkip

Smash Rookie
NNID
Oblivion93
Depends on my mood.

If I'm enjoying messing with them, then I'll keep playing and go out of my way to troll them. Tea bagging, lots of taunting, pretty much anything I can come up with until I get bored of them.

If all they do is boring spam and I don't feel like dealing with them, I just leave. They're not worth the time.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I personally don't do anything or just deny them the runback if I really feel like it.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Hasn't happen to me yet, but I feel that I'd ACTIVELY body the transgressor and pay them back witht he same treatment.

Taunts, Teabags, Name Calling (Not over the top offensive like they go for, but still 'stingy' like 'Git Gud', 'REKT', 'UWOTMATE', etc), and such.

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
I laugh, it's really humorous. Most of the people that do this are bad too, so I just bop them a couple times then leave

D

Deleted member

It depends.
If feel confused if someone says "SPAM" when I didn't spam at all.
I laugh off when someone says "USUCK" even when I won.
I highly question why Nintendo doesn't make tags invisible when I see something insulting or demeaning.

Most of the time, I just reply with "LOL" and / or "SALT" and just leave. If a player is going to act rude or won't be a good sport about it, then they aren't worth my time.

Roys0urBoy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Spaghettios
3DS FC
4098-4533-7361
I just reply with the simple tag "LOL" and continue on.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
"LOL!" and leave. People with the maturity level of that caliber deserve little of our time, imo.

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
I change my tag to "Pardon?" or "Eh?"

Unless they're playing a female character. In that case, I change my tag to, in order:
"WELL"
"EXCUUUUSE"
"ME"
"PRINCESS"

Last edited:

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
When they get all cocky about winning, I just say "OKAY" and leave. When I beat them and they say "USUCK" or whatever, I respond "NOJOHNS" and leave.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
It varies depending on the situation and insult I suppose.

Most of the time I just change my tags to "LOL" and "K" if I feel like responding. You honestly have no idea how angry these people seem to get just from the "K" tag. It seems to somehow magically double the salt at times. Other times I'll proceed to stay and become a little more serious because honestly? Sometimes I'm literally just playing for fun and not even using my mains for that matter either.

It's amazing how someone will beat you when it's a close match, tell you "USUCK" or "GITGUD" and when you switch to your main you two stock them easily the next match. In some instances like this I'll even pull out "LOL WAT?" and leave as they stew in their own salt.

I seriously dislike being that kind of guy though, but then again some people deserve what they dish out sometimes.

Respect me and I'll respect you. It's just that simple really.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I just leave. I'm not going to deal with poor sportsmanship and then have them say how much I suck when I lose against them. I have better things to do than waste time with people like that.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
It varies depending on the situation and insult I suppose.

Most of the time I just change my tags to "LOL" and "K" if I feel like responding. You honestly have no idea how angry these people seem to get just from the "K" tag. It seems to somehow magically double the salt at times. Other times I'll proceed to stay and become a little more serious because honestly? Sometimes I'm literally just playing for fun and not even using my mains for that matter either.

It's amazing how someone will beat you when it's a close match, tell you "USUCK" or "GITGUD" and when you switch to your main you two stock them easily the next match. In some instances like this I'll even pull out "LOL WAT?" and leave as they stew in their own salt.

I seriously dislike being that kind of guy though, but then again some people deserve what they dish out sometimes.

Respect me and I'll respect you. It's just that simple really.
Yeah. But sadly, like I've said here before, you can't avoid being like that after being treated harshly online. What goes around, comes around, I guess~

:bowser:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Tags that I use when someone insults me:
"LOL"
"SO SALTY"
"HOW CUTE" (usually when they throw insults after beating me once)
"TAKEITEASY"
"GROW UP"

I haven't used it yet, but if I beat a really cocky player that throws insults I'll probably use " :^) "

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
"GG!" -> Right after the match ends
"SALTY?" -> if they lose and start the name calling
"NOJOHNS" / "SKILL" -> If they call me lucky or laggy.
"Come•On!" -> If the person literally taunts in my face and I punish it
"OK?" -> If the person is salty due to losing to my Ness
"Bye!" -> If the person won't stop calling me out
"DontRun!" -> If the person SD's right when the match starts for seemingly no reason (not lag, most of the "matches" I had with anyone like that were lagless).

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
I spam friendly tags. Always. If the person played well I use "GG" and (^_^)b. Even if they're throwing salty, mean profane tags I will spam back happy tags or maybe a ;_; to get them to feel bad. Responding with more mean tags like "SALT" and "GROW UP" just makes the experience worse for everybody. Only option is to flood the lobby with positive vibes, no matter how big of a jerk your opponent is. Fight the FG salt with happy spam.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
^ Happy spam. Now that is something that can be done right. But sometimes, the opponent won't have that and still act like a jerk. So the only option is to not show your dissatisfaction with words, but with ACTIONS. Therefore, beat him in the next match and they'll be more salty than the Atlantic Ocean.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Depends. If they leave without letting me have so much as a chance for retribution, then I'll probably just quit playing for the rest of the day. If they give me a second chance and still beat me, well, fair enough, I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Depends. If they leave without letting me have so much as a chance for retribution, then I'll probably just quit playing for the rest of the day. If they give me a second chance and still beat me, well, fair enough, I guess.
:4ganondorf: :4falcon: :4yoshi: - "b-but muh disrespect"

how come people on FG are always cocky and end up playing these characters, and choose the pink alts for Falcon and Yoshi?

Mr. G&W

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mr.G-W
3DS FC
4725-7944-0757
Switch FC
SW-1951-5696-0402
Just now, I had three matches with someone who was honestly good. In the first match, I used Mario and he used Ryu. I beat him in a close match. The second match had me as Ness versus him as Donkey Kong. Another close match, and I beat him. Now, the third was me as Mr. Game & Watch and the opponent as Fox. I was close to beating him, when I tried to spike him only to go too far to recover and I lost on accident. What happens? He changes his name tag to "SCRUB" then leaves. I should have reported him for being a sore winner/loser and I really wish I could have after he signed out. I did block him, though.

That kind of thing just ruins my mood and messes with my focus a bit. I honestly think anyone who insults and trolls people to make others mad should be banned if they have nothing better to do than to tick people off. Especially when they are being sore winners.

Royal_Tea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Royal_MC7
It's rare people insult me, most will just leave immediately as possible (win or lose), I guess people don't like fighting me...:(
On the chance someone uses an offensive tag, it usually is a Falcon, Mewtwo, Mario, Cloud, or Samus and they think they are better despite the obvious difficulty punishing them with input lag and are one-trick-ponies anyways.

crustacean

Smash Rookie
Pick a character and press start is my reaction to most pissed off players. If they happen to be extra salty that day I simply switch to "SALTY?" for 3 seconds and then back. I'm in here to play games not have an anonymous pissing contest.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I don't play on Wii U to suffer from that, but, really, if I did, I'd just leave and move on. FG is honestly crap enough as is, I don't need childish people making a generally bad experience even worse.

Jakkun

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4413-4635
That face when you're on 3DS.
^
People still do it in matches, luckily, the few people that have done it to me were far to idiotic to get away with it as they either ended up killing themselves with a failed dunk attempt, or just threw out point blank Falcon/Warlock Punches.

Yukirai

Smash Rookie
NNID
sumpoketrainer
I usually just laugh lol. it's funny seeing people change their tags to insults xD

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I never cared. I always change my tag to "LOL", and if I was the one that won, I also say "Salty?"

Top Bottom