• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you hit a shine

nasir123

Smash Ace
well the tittle doesn't really mean much but i play fox, falco, and marth. althouggh when i play as fox it is really is easy to hit a shine although with falco its a pain in the ***. so i wanted to know how all you guys hit the shine. Because all i can do is mindgame into a shine. SO FALCO MAINERS ( and shiz) TELL ME HOW TO HIT THIS FRIKIN SHINE <(<_<)>

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
You can laser>shine, but really you are going to have to "mindgame" to get off a shine. No one will make this easy.

And Falco can aerial> shine like Fox.

Also, try shine out of shield.

nasir123

Smash Ace
You can laser>shine, but really you are going to have to "mindgame" to get off a shine. No one will make this easy.

And Falco can aerial> shine like Fox.

Also, try shine out of shield.
well u can really move like fox because they r 2 really different chars. and yeah i have been trying to do like nair shine and dair shine and that works but i think u juss got to midgame the rest of the time

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
It's all about your spacing. I find sometimes if I tip dair, my opponent sort of tumbles out of shine range, but nair usually keeps them in at lower percents to get the shine off.

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
yea just approach while keeping space
if u wanna be a little **** (which is fun) just laser>grab>uthrow

otherwise nair/dair while keeping space and DDing/mindgaming to be safe
always l-cancel duh

jab>shine works sometimes
laser>shine/SH short is nice

then theres shinelanding... ahh so good

nasir123

Smash Ace
yea just approach while keeping space
if u wanna be a little **** (which is fun) just laser>grab>uthrow

otherwise nair/dair while keeping space and DDing/mindgaming to be safe
always l-cancel duh

jab>shine works sometimes
laser>shine/SH short is nice

then theres shinelanding... ahh so good
may i ask u what shine lannding is .. is it landing with a shine... seriously man i am kinda new 2 melee and i like only know the basics

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
yee kinda got that

ok so shinelanding is just a name i thought up for a technique that was popularized by zhu

basically, falco has a very primary full hop (2nd highest im prett sure) and a very low short hop. neither of these are a bad thing but it makes comboing on platforms kinda tricky at times.

so say you are under a platform and a fox is standing ontop of it
you jump to his level and shine him
then jump out of your shine and airdodge down back to the platform

so now fox is in the air and u are happy on your platform ready to SH an aerial or to throw out an fsmash at the right percent

its advanced i guess so dont worry if u cant do it at first

nasir123

Smash Ace
yee kinda got that

ok so shinelanding is just a name i thought up for a technique that was popularized by zhu

basically, falco has a very primary full hop (2nd highest im prett sure) and a very low short hop. neither of these are a bad thing but it makes comboing on platforms kinda tricky at times.

so say you are under a platform and a fox is standing ontop of it
you jump to his level and shine him
then jump out of your shine and airdodge down back to the platform

so now fox is in the air and u are happy on your platform ready to SH an aerial or to throw out an fsmash at the right percent

its advanced i guess so dont worry if u cant do it at first
alright thanx man that has improved my game a lot XD:) and my falco is very technical now from learning all these things XD MELEE IS SO FUN

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I assume that the "shinelanding" you described is the same as shine wavelanding?

theZEN

Smash Cadet
just spam the **** out of their shield or i find this very useful
dair/nair>shine>jc grab(out of the shine)
pretty good mindgame, i find it useful on heavy shielders

JustinOkay

Smash Rookie
When ever shiz shines, i often see him jump up through a platform to shine the character on the platform.
Only advantage is that you get what looks like 3 jumps instead of a single jump after a shine.

JC Shine onto plat > JC shine on plat > follow up however you want

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
My suggestion is this:

1. Grab -> Down Throw -> Shine combo
2. Shffl or regular jumping aerial + lcancel to shine.

I'm not so sure, I know the techs, but I'm rather... bad in comparison to tourney players. I'm one of those, best of my friends type, though.

Roxaslawliet

Smash Apprentice
don't forget utilt guys :) if you dair and land behind them you could utilt then shine bair at higer percents. looks cool and sets up for edgegaurds.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
My suggestion is this:

1. Grab -> Down Throw -> Shine combo
2. Shffl or regular jumping aerial + lcancel to shine.

I'm not so sure, I know the techs, but I'm rather... bad in comparison to tourney players. I'm one of those, best of my friends type, though.
players will most likely tech out of the dthrow. easiest way to get the shine off is aerial -> shine or press the shield (aerial -> shine -> wd into them -> shine, etc). oos works well. and yeah other stuff like that. just be creative

TresChikon

Smash Lord
well the tittle doesn't really mean much but i play fox, falco, and marth. althouggh when i play as fox it is really is easy to hit a shine although with falco its a pain in the ***. so i wanted to know how all you guys hit the shine. Because all i can do is mindgame into a shine. SO FALCO MAINERS ( and shiz) TELL ME HOW TO HIT THIS FRIKIN SHINE <(<_<)>
You could jump out at their recovery and shine lol, of course you'll need to JC into a dair to finish off the job. It's good to do if a regular dair will mean SD 4 u

scorekid100

Smash Apprentice
alright I'm gonna give you some really advanced advice here so bear with me and try to keep up.
First, push down on the the thumb stick. You got that?
Then press the b button while holding down. Now I know that's a lot of info there but practice in training mode a bit and you'll get good at it. LOL I'm just joking. There are a lot of guides to falco and just shining in general so I recommend those. There is a jc shine guide which is pretty good so I recommend that.

Top Bottom