• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you guys perform your shffled uairs?

I have a lot of trouble performing uairs in the timing-strict combos Falcon has where you have to rising uair immediately from your shorthop.

Right now I shorthop using my thumb to flick X and then use my thumb again to hit the C-stick upwards. This works, but I can't get the uair out fast enough for me to do combos I should otherwise be able to do. For example, I always get faired out of my uthrow shffl uair vs a low % Marth, a combo I understand to be guaranteed if done right (correct me if I'm wrong).

so I'm limited to falling uairs which are useful but are really only part of the **** that is Falcon's Up Aerial.

So any tips on how I should practice getting my uair out faster? Any recommended button inputs?

thanks in advance.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It's apparently guaranteed after 31%
I use Up+A when I need to get the Uair out fast, just gotta make sure you're precise with it or you'll double jump
Or you could just get so fast at flicking the stick

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
practice until you can hit the c-stick fast enough to get it out on the first frame. thats what i did. now im so fast i can do jc usmashes with cfalcon and sometimes even with sheik and fox. i also have a large *****.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
practice until you can hit the c-stick fast enough to get it out on the first frame. thats what i did. now im so fast i can do jc usmashes with cfalcon and sometimes even with sheik and fox. i also have a large *****.
This is a joke right <_<

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
For some reason, for me, it just works best to hit the y button to short hop and immediately bash the analogue stick upwards and hit A. if you're fast enough you won't double jump.

also yeah, marth <30% will always fair you before you can uair out of uthrow.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
As if JC USmash is hard...

but on topic, if you want the uair to come out right away, it's okay to use Up+A rather than C-Up simply because it's closer the X/Y buttons. If you're doing uairs in succession, on;y use Up+A for the first one.

speeding sonic

Smash Apprentice
hmm..i mostly use the c-up because its easier for me to L-cancel..but from my up throws, I go with the Up+A and try to follow up from there... Im kinda lost on whcih to use as well...soo I would love to hear ya
'll preference as well

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
proof of my claims:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqAAeAlbaik
as i said in the video i can make another one showing my hands more clearly if you dont beleive me still.
I don't doubt your ability to JC upsmash
O actually if you're using Y or X to JC upsmash that's kinda cool
You just forgot to mention that part completely <_< I thought you were talking about just JC upsmash with the control stick which doesn't matter at all hahaha

Props if you can JC upsmash with the buttons (in class right now) that's probably quite a bit faster than I can go from button -> cstick

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
As if JC USmash is hard...

but on topic, if you want the uair to come out right away, it's okay to use Up+A rather than C-Up simply because it's closer the X/Y buttons. If you're doing uairs in succession, on;y use Up+A for the first one.
the bolded part explains why what i did is hard.
im doing the jc usmash with the Y button and c-stick, never pressing up the left analog stick. (so i go from y->c-stick in less then 5 frames)

mers

Smash Ace
Yeah, I do the same thing (X to cstick). It's not as hard as it sounds. I just kept trying to get better at getting my uair out quickly, and eventually I started missing combos because I JC usmashed instead. Then it becomes more about timing it properly and less about mashing buttons as quick as you can.

Still can't do that **** with Fox though. **** is hard.

J_Noodles

Smash Cadet
For my u-airs, I sort of roll my control stick to the up position while dashing and then jump and press a. My u-airs come out fast enough to auto-cancel itself. I use the c-stick for late u-airs though.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
For early uairs you can use the analog stick to short hop and then uair immediately with the c-stick then fast fall with the analog stick, and repeat. Still use x for all my other short hops.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I hear darkraid does it with z and the control stick.

Been practicing it myself. Seems like the most efficient way.

My buddy polmex does it that way and he has some fast up airs so. Takes practice but it ***** in dittos and combos

D

Deleted member

my way:

when you want to do a running up-air as soon as you can

dash, press y lightly, hold up lightly, press a

when i was a young noob this took me forever to figure out but i think its the best way, practice and you won't be afraid of double jumping by holding up light

pressing c-stick is too slow and awkward for me but if u **** at it its fine

-WoMp-

Smash Cadet
my way:

when you want to do a running up-air as soon as you can

dash, press y lightly, hold up lightly, press a

when i was a young noob this took me forever to figure out but i think its the best way, practice and you won't be afraid of double jumping by holding up light

pressing c-stick is too slow and awkward for me but if u **** at it its fine
I agree 100% with this for whatever that is worth.

Van.

Smash Ace
I hear darkraid does it with z and the control stick.

Been practicing it myself. Seems like the most efficient way.

My buddy polmex does it that way and he has some fast up airs so. Takes practice but it ***** in dittos and combos
This is indisputably the fastest way to do all aerial manuevers that you have little time to do, from quick Uair with falcon to SHdoubleFair with Marth.

D

Deleted member

while you can BASSSSH the control stick up due to the lag, i prefer holding up lightly so you can comfortably up-air even when not jumping off the ground

Top Bottom