• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you get someone in a jab lock with mario?

Matt07

Smash Master
A very good, and easier way to perform the jab lock, is doing on up throw (and if they don't tech you can jab lock them.) This only works on Luigi's Mansion there, I heard it works wonders for Jab locking there.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
^That's usually going to be the only way.

If it was possible, I'd say aerial footstooling was a good way to into jab-locking. Sadly it's pretty flawed and not reliable in any way possible.

mario2yoshi

Smash Rookie
Aerial foot stooling? whats that? ive only been playing with mario for 2 weeks now.

Matt07

Smash Master
Aerial foostooling is when you Footstool your opponent in the air, and they're stunned. Any character can do it, too by the way.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Simple answer: It's when you jump on their heads.

Long Answer: Footstooling is when you jump on their heads and cause them to be slightly stunned. If you do this in the air, it'll cause them to not have control of their character (except for aerial movement) and cause them to hit the ground with no chances to tech. This would allow Mario to jab lock. However, you can only footstool them in the air while they're not doing anything, and basically, that makes it almost impossible to get a aerial footstool in they're always doing something if you happen to be close.

EDIT:

mario2yoshi said:
tnx and btw are you a mario user?
If you see the Mario icon at the bottom left at our posts, we're Mario users.

mario2yoshi

Smash Rookie
Add meh well brawl soon / dont say i suck ive only been playing with mario for 2 weeks now.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That 20% damage is good.

Not only that, but it also defeats retaliation, and it also allows you to finish the job with an F-Smash. An angled up one too.

The risk isn't worth the reward though, unless it's Luigi's Mansion.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
no lol. im just promoting it. and on these forums theres stuff called PMs. its like mail here on the forums. when u wanna talk to someone bout something that isn't related to the thread or w/e we use that. Just go to the top of the page. it should say welcome and somewhere in there PMs

Famous

Smash Champion
Battlefield is your best friend...Just jab someone off a lower platform, drop through then commence with the jab lock (if they don't tech the fall...most people don't)

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
I do, but sorry I don't like giving that information out.
LOL! its alright matt, i know us mario mains dont sleep, but we dont bite haha

but its pretty interesting how the whole thread, no one has really given a legit (or 100%) way to get someone into a jab lock....just putting that out there lol.

iMichael

Smash Lord
It's not really that important....don't even stress trying to set it up. IF YOU MUST THOUGH! Luigi's Mansion.

Matt07

Smash Master
LOL! its alright matt, i know us mario mains dont sleep, but we dont bite haha

but its pretty interesting how the whole thread, no one has really given a legit (or 100%) way to get someone into a jab lock....just putting that out there lol.
ROFL, I may think about it now...maybe :p.

Top Bottom