• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

...How do you fight Marth with Diddy? augh augh augh

ADHD

Smash Hero
Do you have lack of marth experience? That's the only time marth's really gave me a hard time, once I played them more it got a lil easier. I'm too lazy to watch the video, but you can space away with dribbling and pivot dribbling from that gay sword and it helps the matchup. Also, learn marth's glide toss lengths, it comes in handy to think ahead. Marth is just generally good at fighting diddy like kirby so there is not really alot to say except fight more marths.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Dr.PP is a good Marth.

Always try to keep the momentum, and remember Marth is weak from under himself. Be careful of UpB and punish any spacing errors.

saberhof

Smash Master
i only needed to watch 1 minute of the first video xP

When i look at the video, i see that the Marth cannot approach well when there's a banana in front, as a tip, learn to close yourself between bananas and roll away and wait for the fall, he kept pwning you over and over because you just stood there taking his Fair attack or any attack for that case....i recommend practicing the two types of banana pulls :), freaks out at right times :), cause they never know how long it will take for the banana to fall or if its gonna fall fast =D

just learn to control your bananas and know when to grab em, and when to pull them out, he was rushing you allot, i have countered these kind of Marths all the time, bananas on the floor will really screw them up.

if you are trying to develop a style without bananas, its going to be really difficult to preform at a high level or even pair up with Marths like that, when he practically out prioritizes all of your attacks...i don't know what to do without bananas anyway xD....

IDK

Smash Lord
well PP IS in the MBR. (Marth Back Room) I'm in the Diddy Back Room, but Marth is my secondary and I'm trying to get into the MBR. Anyway, my point is I know quite a bit about each character, and how to beat them. Against a diddy, marth is going to tend to jump around like a spaz even more. He'll be using lots of dtilts, nairs, and fairs, and if you approach with an aerial, it will probably only work once per stock, and you'll have to trick him into thinking you're going to do something on the ground. After that he will just ftilt. You're going to have to use an intense combination of your peanuts, aerials, and forward b in order to keep your bananas unpredictable. Keep him on the ground if you can. However his weak spot is below him. Monkey flip kick will be the best offensive move for you, and it will outprioritize almost anything. Remember that he has no projectiles, but can outspace you. Don't try to space him, but play defensive most of the time and zone him while camping with your projectiles. Every once in a while you will see an opportunity to punish, and can follow up with a huge banana combo. DO NOT just spam the bananas. Don't try to punish him in his shield either, but you can try to wait for him to up b out of shield if he never shield grabs by just shielding. I would say to stay out of the upb's range, but it's deceptive, and will take you a few hits to get it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol peepee. how was your little smashfest stingers?
i got food poisoning the first night and missed everything fun everyone else did

but we still recorded matches :K

and thanks for all the help guys :) dr. pp is a beast lmao

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
No offense but it was really you not playing well than him being an extremely good player. I saw him get a good 40-50% damage after you just randomly threw your banana away. NEVER throw it away. You did that twice and gave up a lot of %. You should space yourself better with Banana Dribbles and try to gimp him with bananas.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
lrn 2 luv!!!!

Just keep a naner ready so you don't get sword pwnd. Always have a banana in your hand!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
This thread is fun.

If anyone cares, I just critiqued Stingers's Diddy in a PM, but I don't know how much of it is entirely accurate. For clarity, would I need to post it here and have you guys look at it to make sure I'm telling him the right stuff?

Also, Marth vs Diddy is kinda fun. =p

DUB, Stingers did get food poisoning, but he also slept for 12 hours, then he wakes up and asks me to record matches with him lol.

There were other bros there, but it would've been nice if you and Raggy bro went. =p

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Diddy without Nanners is Dedede without chaingrab. You are ignoring one of the biggest strengths that your character possesses.

saberhof

Smash Master
so you find diddy's banana like something bad??...

its a part of his moveset, you either choose to take advantage of it, or not use it at all and miss out on something good and other options...:)...you never know...

Top Bottom