• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you fight Ike?

comboking

Smash Master
What are some things that trouble you while battling Ike?

What are some ways Ike players can gimp you?

Do you have an advantage against ike?

What advantage does ike have against you?

This is being used for a matchup guide so please be honest

clowsui

Smash Legend
Holy fsck forum spam XD
I play Ike to fight Ikes because its fun so I know Ike alright...I might be wrong on some of these. Correct me fellow Falcos!

Bother me? Um Nair, Fair, the fact that his Uair goes through my airdodges, A-A-A combo, the fact that he kills me at pretty low %s. Tilts don't really bother me that much. DSmash out of shield scares me a lot...USmashing under platforms doesn't really bother me that much

Ike can't gimp me at all. The only "gimp" is being spiked/FAired/NAiredwhile I'm UpB'ing but I'm not likely to ever UpB

I have a massive advantage
UTilt chain and the only thing the Ike can do is Nair to get out or airdodge, both of which are punishable
FTilt and shine are excellent against Ike as spacing moves
I can laser spam Ike without any real trouble
I can easily spike Ike
CG works to 50 on him
It's pretty easy to set him up for USmash/Fsmash/Dsmash kills
Easy to get him into UAir/Bair kills
Cannot punish Phantasm without being perfect

Ike has a few advantages

AAA combo has ridiculous priority
Kills at quite low percent against Falco
Quick Draw works decently as an approach (can't punish severely like MK can)
Has high priority large range high power moves that can punish me effectively
That's about it I think.

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
Ike's range makes getting inside hard, but Falco isn't going to be approaching in this match-up because of his lasers. Ike's Jab combo is the thing that really makes getting inside tough because of it's speed. Ftilt and Utilt can also give Falco trouble if he isn't paying attention. In the air Ike's Nair and Fair can give trouble but only when Falco is facing Ike. When he's not facing Ike then Falco can simple bair before Ike can attack him(assuming their close to each other). Uair can be a pain but Falco probably won't be in a position for Ike to Uair.

As for gimping, Ike has a few tools. Dtilt can work rather well to spike Falco's phantasm if they don't sweatspot the ledge. As for Fire Bird, all Ike has to do is jump out and dair, but he has to be quick about it or he'll miss and potentially get gimped himself.

Falco does have the advantage against Ike. His lasers can really annoy Ike and can create openings. Falco's chaingrab can be tricky to land due to Ike's range but with smart laser and shine use, he can create an opening to grab Ike. Once of the stage Ike can be dair'd to his death, but he might live if he spams up-b after hes off the stage. Recovering for Ike can be tricky because Falco can laser Ike while off stage to prevent a quick draw recovery(depends on his height of stage though). Aether can be hard to edgegaurd but I believe You can spike Ike out of it after his SA runs out(I'm not too sure on this).

Ike's strengths in this match-up are his range and his ability to kill Falco pretty dam early. He has to work rather hard to win in this match-up though. Falco will be incredibly defensive and make it hard for Ike to get damage on him, meanwhile Falco will be using his lasers to make openings against Ike if he fails to powershield as well as to approach him.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Falco on almost all accounts destroys Ike. Imo, it's an 8-2 matchup. That might seem abit harsh but IMO it's true

*Edit* Two Imo's without realising, FTL

Top Bottom