• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you do a canceled phantasm?

Forlorn

Smash Rookie
Hey, I know that you can cancel Falco's phantasms to catch your opponents off guard if they're waiting in the middle for you to land there but the problem is, I can seem to find the right timing for the canceled and short phantasm.

I usually just spam b when I do a phantasm but even that doesn't work. Can anyone tell me whereabouts is the right timing for one?

Thanks in advance.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I think you have to get lucky on the Phantasm cancels. I made a post about this before, and people have told me that there are VERY few frames between the phantasm and when a Cancel is capable.

null55

Smash Master
How do you NOT do a short phantasm? I've accidently fallen to my death because of it.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Honestly it isn't that difficult to do, I can cancel to my length of choosing approx. 50% of the time (clearly it's not that good, but I'm getting there)
Don't button spam if you want to learn this effectively. What I advise is taking some time to figure out what the timing is so that you know, and then try to time your cancel there every time, as with most things it eventually becomes muscle memory.
For practice you can see how many phantasms you can fit on FD before flying off the edge to your death.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
go into training and put it on the slowest speed possible.
not try to cancel it. it should be easier, and you should be able to figure out the timing. of course this isnt going to make it easy, just easier so you know when to do it.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Try just going into training and slowing the speed down, then when u can shorten it on there, speed it up, keep going until your at normal speed

Vlade

Social Outcast
Don't button spam, because then you can't figure out the timing of when to press 'b' again.

Instead just try pressing B twice at various speeds, and wish for your luck

when you do finally get it, remember what the timing was, and try to redo what you just did.

Keep going until you get the hang of it, persistance is key!

Top Bottom