• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you crash?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Just curious, what is the personal crashing style of most people on here?

Personally, I like a campy, irritating style.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
It depends on who i'm playing as. Aggro for Ike,oli. Passive for marth DDD.
I don't really like camping, i know how to deal with it but i try not to use it especially with oli and ddd

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I just like to attract all to where I am, and then take over from there. I don't know what exactly I like to do after that point, but if someone refuses to chase after me, I exclusively focus my attention on the unless they prove to not want any part of it. It won't stop me from attacking though...
Basically Defensive/Aggro (both)

Finny

Smash Apprentice
1. Pick Green G&W
2. Go to temple
3. Deliberately attack all taunters, leave pacifists alone.
4. Lure them to lowest platform.
5. ?????
6. Profit.
7a. After the match, if it was a 3v1, make them wait the full minute in the waiting room, then d/c.
7b. If there was a pacifist, try to get a 2v2 going.
Also: taunt as much as is safely possible after each ko. Circle camp once a significant lead is obtained.

That's basically what I do whenever I want to crash, unless there is an mk, and I'll just crash traditionally and avoid the low platform. It's worked quite well for me. I also like to switch to a character+costume used by one of the taunters and see if I can cause confusion. I don't like playing campy -- I prefer being in their faces. and trying to cause them to hit each other, especially with diddy.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I only crash taunt parties at certain times. If TP'ers decide to team up on the new players that join the group, then I will crash the taunt party. I will also crash a taunt party if they're trying to be as noisy as possible. I will always fight any sheik that does the chain noise on temple. I crash using Zelda. Zelda is easy to use online because many players come and attack you with out thinking and then you can: shield grab, use reflector, side smash, up smash, or up tilt.

link2702

Smash Champion
snake, pull a nade out, watch as the nooobs constantly attack me when i shield, and then they get hit by the nade's blast.

as dumb as that sounds it works nearly all the time, i beat a whole group of players one time using strictly shielded nades and up tilt, nothing else. :troll:

occasionally it just depends on what kinda group of players i'm in, that will depend on what characters i'll use to crash

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
If I fought a snake like that I would go on top of him and use Ike's counter expecting him to use up tilt. I would mix it up with fast falling in front of him and then grabbing him if he shields, and jabbing him if he doesn't.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I only crash taunt parties at certain times. If TP'ers decide to team up on the new players that join the group, then I will crash the taunt party. I will also crash a taunt party if they're trying to be as noisy as possible. I will always fight any sheik that does the chain noise on temple. I crash using Zelda.Zelda is easy to use online because many players come and attack you with out thinking and then you can: shield grab, use reflector, side smash, up smash, or up tilt.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Until you get her off stage and that is where she is in a bad position. If I crash I just camp with turnips then just watch what my opponent does then decide my game plan from there.

:phone:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
In my opinion, 67.3% of BB players can't edge hog so that isn't a big problem. But sometimes it is hard to get on the stage when playing against very good players. It is impossible for me to get back on the stage against a good mk.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I prefer to gradually speed up, making sure I'm wearing my seat belt before I actually connect with the other player's trun-... Nah, I kid.

I rarely crash nowadays at all, to be honest. Like Firel said, I'm mostly into trolling and messing about. I'll just join a team battle if I actually wanna play serious (and not have the burden of having to face all three players all at once).

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
Depends a lot on how in feeling. I usually use the tp for a 1v1 opportunities, I jab and do short hop attacks to let them know I want a fight, then grab one for zero damage. Mostly I get my one v one with two spectators, mostly. Other times I just go beserker from go!, attacking anything that's dressed as a tp with special attention to zeldas, mks, and ikes.

in the case that it developed into a 3 v 1 I do my best, try too get them to group together, as long as they aren't giving each other kills I stick around, I still win half of those. If it developed into a well spaced 3v1 where they are giving away kills, especially with a zelda in the back, there isn't anything I can do but stick around untill I can't stand it and dc them in the waiting room.

if I can't take anymore tp bs then I dc the second I see temple, not even going to see what's up.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I reason why I don't crash because I always wait for a chance at a 1 on 1. I do get there if I'm lucky. Although I have had many ruined because the other 2 players want to make them 3 on 1 and they also attack or jump in and also attack the player I'm trying to fight simply because they do not like them...

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I only crash taunt parties at certain times. If TP'ers decide to team up on the new players that join the group, then I will crash the taunt party. I will also crash a taunt party if they're trying to be as noisy as possible. I will always fight any sheik that does the chain noise on temple. I crash using Zelda. Zelda is easy to use online because many players come and attack you with out thinking and then you can: shield grab, use reflector, side smash, up smash, or up tilt.
Until that one secret amazing fighter comes in for no reason, then Zelda is back to the bottom of the ever-changing non-existent BB tier list.

I like doing the infinite chain noise with Sheik. If you hit me then I'll crash everyone. Seriously, the rare times I do actually do an actual TP someone goes in to ruin it just because they don't like whatever I'm doing. This is notorious when a Puff player kills you after successfully doing the Giga Jigglypuff glitch.

I don't get you. You like TPs but to tell them to stop you hit them when you yourself despise this conflict? You could easier move the Sheik player instead of hitting them, and even so the Sheik player (like myself) will hit you because of your sensitivity.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I like to spam Thunderstorming.

I sometimes use Pit for arrow looping to hit people. Then I will T-Bag deceivingly so that I say I didn't mean to do that (even though I deliberately did). I also like to ''accidentally'' not shoot my arrows upwards, so instead it fires the other two directions which people are usually always standing in, esp. on FD.

I also copy other people's characters. I use GnW (default) for the first match, and then I choose my victim from there.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Be unpredictable and subtle. BZ crashes?

The art of subtlety and unpredictability are the allies of crashers. If I did the same thing all the time, the taunters would grow wise to my tactics. Therefore, I like to start with a random character. If it's not a character I feel comfortable using or does not seem safe to crash with, then I may just chill out for the first round to study the behavior of the group. Then I choose whichever tactic looks best against the group.

Wow, I never knew you crashed taunt parties, so it is interesting that you do under some conditions, even if they don't necessarily intersect with others' or my conditions.

It's also funny that you mention noises with the chain; I often do that if Temple keeps getting picked and nobody is fighting. If a fight is going on, I generally won't. Most taunters don't seem to get annoyed by it, but occasionally some do. The more creative ones will just stand behind my Sheik and slowly push me out of range for it to stop. Depending on mood, I might start it up again to see what they do.

Then there are the ones like you who attack my Sheik in the process. If it's just a light attack, I might back off and wait for another moment to go back to it. Or if the mood suits me, I'll just aggressively go after the taunter. In either case, the other taunters often leave us to a 1v1, which is the next best thing to crashing the party or turning the group into a genuine free-for-all anyway. Mission accomplished.

I always make special note of which taunter(s) are annoyed by the chain (or other things). As long as there is at least one other pacifist in the group to play along with, I'll wait for an opportunity for the annoyed taunter to die in sudden death (either by my actions, others' actions, or the bob-ombs.) Then with at least one other player still avoiding bob-ombs, I'll just leave that chain out as long as possible, knowing that the annoyed taunter can do absolutely nothing about it. :-)

So if that is something that both you as a taunter and I as a "noisy" crasher enjoy doing, then perhaps we'll meet in a random Basic Brawl. Judging by what you say, I suspect we have in the past on at least one occasion.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Until that one secret amazing fighter comes in for no reason, then Zelda is back to the bottom of the ever-changing non-existent BB tier list.

I like doing the infinite chain noise with Sheik. If you hit me then I'll crash everyone. Seriously, the rare times I do actually do an actual TP someone goes in to ruin it just because they don't like whatever I'm doing. This is notorious when a Puff player kills you after successfully doing the Giga Jigglypuff glitch.

I don't get you. You like TPs but to tell them to stop you hit them when you yourself despise this conflict? You could easier move the Sheik player instead of hitting them, and even so the Sheik player (like myself) will hit you because of your sensitivity.
And, undoubtedly **** him.

I like to spam Thunderstorming.
That only works on noobs. I sometimes play a high tier character and act ******** at first, then **** everyone, LOL.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
And, undoubtedly **** him.

That only works on noobs. I sometimes play a high tier character and act ******** at first, then **** everyone, LOL.
I once spammed Meta Knight's multi-jab in that one little corner in Hyrule Temple (where people usually go to stay clear of in Sudden Death) and just held it there, and no one could figure out how to get across it. People ran into it, shielded it until it tapped through them, tried to attack into it, etc., and they all eventually just gave up and left me there. Rofl.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I like to condense their group and either use R/PNs to mindgame them into a mine, or ftilt them across the stage, or just simply fsmash them all to hell.

All in the name of showing them their gayness.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I once spammed Meta Knight's multi-jab in that one little corner in Hyrule Temple (where people usually go to stay clear of in Sudden Death) and just held it there, and no one could figure out how to get across it. People ran into it, shielded it until it tapped through them, tried to attack into it, etc., and they all eventually just gave up and left me there. Rofl.
Has happened to me. I was just randomly spamming MK's jab in that corner and a Zelda used Farore's Wind after getting hit by a bomb and got stuck in there. We got KO'd together. ♥

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
First, you start with :snake: ...because he's just ready for anything...lay down that claymore with a vengeance...observe their behavior (i.e. standing there picking their noses)... C4... grenades... Nikita... at this point you've established a good 50% of the stage for yourself in under 10 seconds. If there's no Zelda they're probably going to come at you from above. Mortar time... eventually they'll break through, then the glorious FTilt, it is your best friend... repeat step 1.

Then they'll start picking their best guys... :warioc: time... dudes can't step... his unbelievable air maneuverability means YOU decide who you fight, and where you fight, at all times. Plus, like Snake he just never dies.

I actually remember one taunt party that absolutely did not try to touch my :snake:, but avoided everything I threw at them (it's not difficult). Since I play Snake so defensively, as long as you are completely pacifist, I'm eventually going to lay down my weaponry and join in...with some grenades here and there. They actually started running into them just for fun. I left in peace after our four-way sudden death.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
Ahh I hate the snakes that try to act like they are pacifist but then grenades start coming. Actually a while back a kirby fooled me pretty good, I was having a 1v1 while a snake and kirby watched. All the sudden grenades are interrupting us, so first chance I get I turn to bomb snake and let him know to quit it. he takes the bomb blast does nothing, mission accomplished I figure. I go back to fighting, and more grenades...so now I go to rage. when I jump in I realize kirby is dressed funny...and he has a grenade in his hand. It dawns on me that I'm a chump, that this kirby totally played me, and that I kinda deserved the 3 on 1 that it turned into. That kirby must have been very amused

:phone:

Zulo

Smash Ace
Okay so apparently beating people really bad isn't the best way to get them to quit. I'm just ARing a random victim with Pit and they leave every time. It's rather humourous.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Yes, many of them are stubborn at best, masochists at worst.

The best way to drive away a taunt party is to show a sense of humor, it has a way of rocking their false dichotomy to its flimsy foundation.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I reason why I don't crash because I always wait for a chance at a 1 on 1. I do get there if I'm lucky. Although I have had many ruined because the other 2 players want to make them 3 on 1 and they also attack or jump in and also attack the player I'm trying to fight simply because they do not like them...
Ha, I do the same thing~ :D I found a really respectable peach player yesterday. We had a ton of 1 on 1s and what not, but then other people came in.

It was awesome because we continued to fight, some white knight came and tried to help the peach. The peach and I both had the same thing in mind, stopped fighting, and kicked his *** until he quit for interfering. I love it when ya form an unspoken link between someone online like that~

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Yes, many of them are stubborn at best, masochists at worst.

The best way to drive away a taunt party is to show a sense of humor, it has a way of rocking their false dichotomy to its flimsy foundation.
Or blitz the **** out of them. Then taunting after every kill. But not all TPs are horrible. They are still bad. I once met a marth who fought against my ike and everyone teamed up on me and chose marth. It was fun because they took turns fighting me and once one got KO'd they would alternate. Did I mention no items/crappy stages. We mainly played on neutral stages. It was glorious, me and the original marth had the most fun until one of the marths DC'd at the waiting screen.

Top Bottom