• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you beat Tabuu on Intense?

Dark_Wolf101

Smash Rookie
Or Very Hard/Hard for that matter? Every attack seems to KO you and damaging him takes forever. I just don't understand what to do. Can anyone help me; any tips or strategies? Thanks!

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as how some people don't know all of Tabuu's attacks, here's a list:

Off-Waves: Tabuu goes into the background and spreads his wings, he fires 3 rings that cover the entire screen. You can dodge this with a roll or sidestep. If you dodge the first one, you can use Pokemon Switch with PT. This is usually a OHKO on higher difficulties (like Hard up in SSE, Very Hard up in Boss Battles).

Dragon-Head Lazer: A dragon head apears and fires a laser all the way across the stage. You can double jump over this. Your recovery move would help a lot.

Slash: Tabuu teleports near you and slashes at you with his hands? multiple times. This is a perfect opportunity to attack him if you have ranged attacks.

Golden Chain: He quickly whips out a chain that grabs you. Just be ready. Nothing much to this.

Sword Lunge: He flies to one end, takes out a blade and swoops down across the ground of the stage. Just (double) jump.

Explosive Teleports: You won't know if he's going to explode when he teleports or not, so this is probably going to kill you at about 80% if you're not ready. If you avoid the first one, you'll see a red spot where he was. If there isn't a red spot, he can't hurt you while teleporting. He will always teleport 4 times whether it's explosive or not.

Shark Spear Head Thingy: He transforms into a shark and flies in a horizontal line very quickly. This attack is pretty fast, but air dodge ifi you can.

Electricity: He teleports near you, like in the Slash attack, and starts generating electricity around him. The last? him has pretty high knockback.

Box: He turns into some sort of ornate, golden box thing and tries to grab you. This is a OHKO in SSE (on Intense)... Air dodge if it gets colse to you. Usually, it'll miss unless you're staying still...

Big Head Laser: Tabuu turns into a huge head and shoots lasers at you from his eyes. You will only be hit if you are on the ground or close to it. The beams can't hurt you until they land.

Clone: Tabuu starts shooting out clones of himself that go in random directions and random lengths. Be ready and roll, air dodge, or whatever else you can to avoid this. It is VERY random.

Saw Boomerang: He takes out this vicious looking spinning disk thing and throws it at the stage. It will travel in a very flat U shape and fly back to Tabuu in the end.

Pea Shots: He fires lots of small bullets at you followed by a final explosion. You can DI out of this and attack him while he's doing this. It's kinda annoying when this is at the edge of the stage...

Pinpoint Explosions: Tabuu pinpoints some places on the stage and in the air. Explosions go off at those locations. I think this is also a OHKO in SSE on Intense.
That's my post from a while ago on this other topic. Most of Tabuu's attacks are slow and easily predictable if you know what to look for. It'll probably be a very long battle so use stickers and fast+strong hitters like Fox (forward aerial) or Lucas (down aerial)

ken109

Smash Cadet
I think I used charizard's rock smash to beat tabuu. it does do alot fo damage.

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
I used Marth, it took me a while on Intense, Just time 3 spot dodges on his shockwave

Denzi

Smash Master
Main Metaknight.
Actually, it might be best to just try different charachters and see what works.
I find that Zelda's lightning kicks work fairly well.

Edit: Dodging is your friend;)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Kirby d-air and >B forever till Tabuu die's, but I hate how two through one hit would kill you though. =/

i1337

Smash Ace
metaknights nair, and learn the timing of the off waves so you can spot dodge, sidestep them (i usually sidestep)

Kevin Liu

Smash Rookie
i use moves like knee smash (cf's fair) or zelda's fair/bair. also, moves that hit multiple times work well, like lucas's pk thunder (both ways). toon link's dair works well and so does counters, mostly marths.

Top Bottom