• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you beat Event 33 - Lethal Marathon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CagedRage

Smash Cadet
I beat it, just run really fast and pick good points to jump and and get on a platform. Jump back down early so you dont waste anytime. You'll make it, just give it time.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by CagedRage:
<strong>I beat it, just run really fast and pick good points to jump and and get on a platform. Jump back down early so you dont waste anytime. You'll make it, just give it time.</strong><hr></blockquote>

lol, i think he may have figured out "run fast" and "don't waste time"

;)

anyway, here's my strategy

as soon as "GO!" is said, take off running

when you come to that little dip where there's a ledge to hide under, you're probably tempted to stop there as you know the cars are coming

DO NOT STOP!

even if you see the exclamation point, don't stop running, because there's a slight delay between the disappearance of the EP and the coming of the cars

now, you will notice (as you are running and time is running out until the cars get there) that there is a very small hill right after the ledge.
......._______
___/.............\___

it's much more curving than that...

more like

.......................______
________~~~...............~~~_____

anyway, you want to be in the middle of the downward side on the slope as the cars come by

eh-hem, anyway (ignore the periods, they are placemarkers)

if you are on the downward slope of the hill and you duck as Captain Falcon, the cars will pass over you inches from your head!

now, i found this helped a lot when i tried it, if you have any more problems, post again!

:)

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: McFox9 ]

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: McFox9 ]</p>

DJP

Smash Rookie
Maybe I'm not running correctly. After it says "GO", I can only make it to the second platform, and not even to the ledge. What am I doing wrong?

P.S. Rune666, I think you're looking for the word "savior", as "savour" means to enjoy something, such as the moment or a good steak.

Goblocks

Smash Rookie
i still cannot do this event match. it makes me crazy. arent you suppose to like sprint really fast or something? ive done it a couple times but i dont remember how to do it. arg it is killing me.

ACK1012

Smash Cadet
lol tap forward twice.... that was my problem.... I didn't dash lol.

El Gordo

Smash Cadet
How do you beat this level!?!
Following Tips may be useful:

1)Crouch, when the cars come the first time.
2) Don´t make an additional jump, if you don´t have to^^
3)For winning time, you can use down b at certain moments.
4)Grab Edges!

Zink

Smash Champion
McFox, you play Smash? rofl
I had a lot of trouble with this one. I found that a lot of the time, if you time it just right, you can jump off the platform and use up+b before the cars stop, and you will still aviod them.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I've heard of reviving dead topics, but from 2001? That's hardcore....I'm gonna play Event 33 right now.

Goblocks

Smash Rookie
wow i am very suprised that all of you responded. i just found out how to dash so that helps but it still annoys the crap out of me. i will get it sooner or later, thanks

TheGSF

Smash Cadet
yo dawg u pick up that honkey *** gamecube controller play as shiek an destroy dawg.

ballin.

TheGSF

Smash Cadet
yo dawg u pick up that honkey *** gamecube controller play as shiek an destroy dawg.

ballin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom