• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do you beat a mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

luigidude90

Smash Apprentice
my brother uses him but hes not that great and i have trouble, at least i can win lol. my problem is he has alot of high prioroty attacks and whenever i try to combo him he just sex kicks through everything. im still developing my luigi. any tips?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Spacing is luigis greatest tool against Mario. I just spam ftilts. Mario can get out of most combos, but he can't combo Luigi as well. Luigi should out prioritize mario in the air. Luigi's attacks are faster.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm still new with Luigi but I can help if your brother loves to use the cape a lot. I have a friend who spams the hell out of the cape which is quite effective against me. Anyway, I usually jump above him and fast fall to a Dair. It usually keeps him at bay and just when he catches on to it, I mind game him and change it up. If you brother catches on too, then just fall to a Nair and start attacking while he's off-guard.

This is all assuming your brother spams the hell out of the cape, oh and wavedashing helps too. :p

mario-man

Smash Lord
I'd have to agree with them. If he spams the cape, then it seems like coming at him from the air would do well. Of course, what am I doing telling you this.....??

luigidude90

Smash Apprentice
LOL that's exactly what he should be writing about you.
lol i see what you mean. i played him again today and did much better he only took off one stock. and at one of the posts above, what luigi doesnt wavedash? anyway thnx for the help.

boss8

Smash Hero
[QUOTE but he can't combo Luigi as well.[/QUOTE]

sry pacman but mario can pretty much combo everyone in the game he may have a hard time comboing luigi but it can be done. the only person he can't combo is jiggs.

BTW are you going to C3???

-PM-

Smash Ace
I play Mario and one thing that really pisses me off pretty bad is a random WD dsmash they're very annoying to Mario. Also when if that Mario is spamming his cape he = noob lol. Another thing my friend uses against me is that slap in the air because the only really attacks you can counter that with is bair and uair and the bair still ties with the slap so you get more damage off. also off the spawn you can tornado at 0 damage and juggle for just a little bit (tornado - utilt - slap = first 20 damage). Spacing is also very well against Mario because hes kinda fat and cant move well and Mario has bad range but yet again so does Luigi unless you WD the majority of your attacks. You should also be able to tornado recover because if your coming back with your the torpedo it makes Luigi VERY easy to spike i get my friend 6/10 times like that at least once a game so save your jump and make sure you can tornado recover. Also its better to take Mario to flat maps with no platforms because Luigi can rip Mario apart if he doesn't have platforms, platforms for Mario make it very easy to win against Luigi IMO so pick maps like FD, Mute city, Dreamland (sorta), DK64.

I think i covered everything.

Edit: also use a lot of nair against most combos. It is sooo very annoying but it works very very well against Mario's combos

luigidude90

Smash Apprentice
I play Mario and one thing that really pisses me off pretty bad is a random WD dsmash they're very annoying to Mario. Also when if that Mario is spamming his cape he = noob lol. Another thing my friend uses against me is that slap in the air because the only really attacks you can counter that with is bair and uair and the bair still ties with the slap so you get more damage off. also off the spawn you can tornado at 0 damage and juggle for just a little bit (tornado - utilt - slap = first 20 damage). Spacing is also very well against Mario because hes kinda fat and cant move well and Mario has bad range but yet again so does Luigi unless you WD the majority of your attacks. You should also be able to tornado recover because if your coming back with your the torpedo it makes Luigi VERY easy to spike i get my friend 6/10 times like that at least once a game so save your jump and make sure you can tornado recover. Also its better to take Mario to flat maps with no platforms because Luigi can rip Mario apart if he doesn't have platforms, platforms for Mario make it very easy to win against Luigi IMO so pick maps like FD, Mute city, Dreamland (sorta), DK64.

I think i covered everything.

Edit: also use a lot of nair against most combos. It is sooo very annoying but it works very very well against Mario's combos

wow thanks -PM- you really seem to know your stuff.:)

mario-man

Smash Lord
ya know what character sucks for Jiggz,........everybody EXCEPT Luigi

-PM-

Smash Ace
lol Mario sucks against jiggz too so does doc actually everyone from the Mario kingdom world is jiggz ***** and it sucks lol

mario-man

Smash Lord
I could beat a Jiggz. (of course I could. I am mario-man after all.) ROFL

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Ha I know what you guys mean by fighting Jiggs...My brother has been playing around with her lately and he almost always gets the sleep/rest move on me. However, I've just been shielding the hell out of him so he hits my shield, then I punish him with the UpB move. :D

Basically it's a race to see who gets the finisher in first, but Luigi's a dead target if you use the Missile move to recover. @_@ Sadly though, I don't know how to do the rising Tornado with Luigi since his is harder than Mario's/Doc's.

-PM-

Smash Ace
luigi slap > balls of fat

thats pretty much it you dont even need to WD when playing them it doesnt make a difference lol

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
luigi slap > balls of fat

thats pretty much it you dont even need to WD when playing them it doesnt make a difference lol
Well I haven't played a good Jiggs, but it helps when you're trying to dodge the Rest move...Then WD back in with an UpB, or shield>WD>UpB.

-PM-

Smash Ace
pivot LoL srsly i can beat most jiggz with just dsmashs, slaps, and pivots

and a up b when jiggzs rest lol

-PM-

Smash Ace
in all honesty though mario sucks horribly bad against luigi and doc for some reason they rip him apart

and this thread is beast mario-man =D

-PM-

Smash Ace
i had a gears of war lan on Saturday and i had another t.v. open and i just sat there playing people wining money LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom