• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you approach Pit and Zelda?

Alopex

Smash Ace
I bring up those two because they are also great projectile campers that will essentially force you to approach no matter what, especially with their ability to control their projectile.

Every time I try approaching with aerials their smashes beat me. Zelda's UpSmash and Pit's FSmash just eat through all of Kirby's aerials, even the Bair.

Their projectiles put me in awkward positions and I end up eating an Angel Ring from Pit or an FSmash from Zelda as I draw closer on the ground. Every time I'm close enough to try a shield grab, I get pushed back by one of those.

I have a harder time with Pit, personally, so do you guys have any suggestions?

Alopex

Smash Ace
Hate to do this, but I'm reviving this because I still can't approach those two and the guides I've currently seen available haven't really addressed it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
whoa o_O I'll tell you what I can, but it's partially theory since wifi doesn't give great experience for matchups.

Approaching Pit: First off, his arrows shouldn't be too hard to dodge while approaching. Once you get to him, you say fsmash is your problem. Approach directly from above if you have to, or roll behind. When you're above, watch for arrows, and try to bait him into upsmashing/uptilting by using your multiple jumps. Then dair him and follow up with a grab or jab etc.

I'm pretty sure you can smash DI out of Angel Ring by smashing INTO Pit with Cstick and control stick. I was told that by either a Pit or Kirby main, can't remember.

Also, steal his power if you can, and pressure him back. But be careful, since he has, as you know, two reflectors and arrows of his own. Practice the "arrow loop" if you don't know it yet, it might come in handy XD

Against Zelda, my first piece of advice is always this: steal her power. That way Din's Fire spam is completely negated, and you have a pretty useful area-clearing power.

Against smashes...I'm not too sure. I've had trouble with Zelda's (overpowered) smashes on wifi in the past, but it's been a while since I've played a good Zelda. Again, you can roll behind, or approach from the air. If you're coming from the air, I'm guessing a 45 degree angle is your best bet. Her fsmash is horizontal and her upsmash is vertical, so coming down at an angle is a good idea. Again, try to bait her into attacking, and then punish with dair/bair/fair/nair. Nair can be fastfalled and combos into jabs very well. You could also just run directly up to Zelda, powershield her smash, and grab her. I'm pretty sure she can be comboed easily.

holla at yo marth

Smash Cadet
hhhm...they are one of kirbys harder opponents to fight. Pit is easier to take on than zelda. Try getting behind or above pit and go from there (grab, up-smash/up-tilt, etc.). Zelda just try your best to roll slowly towards her while she's using the fire. Overall, im not really sure about zelda...
=x

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm pretty sure you can smash DI out of Angel Ring by smashing INTO Pit with Cstick and control stick. I was told that by either a Pit or Kirby main, can't remember.
Yeah, Dr. X told me that it was possible in fact to DI behind Pit before the Angel Ring move can finish, which gives you the perfect opportunity to mess him up (With a gigantic hammer! Well, maybe not that much time... but an Fsmash should work.)

As for Zelda, personally, I've never had a problem power shielding Din's Fire, though I haven't played any really good Zeldas either. For her Usmash (remember, this is just theory since I haven't played a good Zelda), since it lasts so long, couldn't you bait her into using it then either hit her with a Fsmash (if your on the ground) or stone (if you're above her).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Against smashes...I'm not too sure. I've had trouble with Zelda's (overpowered) smashes on wifi in the past, but it's been a while since I've played a good Zelda. Again, you can roll behind, or approach from the air. If you're coming from the air, I'm guessing a 45 degree angle is your best bet. Her fsmash is horizontal and her upsmash is vertical, so coming down at an angle is a good idea. Again, try to bait her into attacking, and then punish with dair/bair/fair/nair. Nair can be fastfalled and combos into jabs very well. You could also just run directly up to Zelda, powershield her smash, and grab her. I'm pretty sure she can be comboed easily.
Yeah...if only I could follow my own advice. I got owned by a Zelda today, but I think part of it was the fact that it was wifi, and I think he lived in Mexico. The delay was horrible.

But I found out that her retardedly-overpowered fsmash hits BEHIND her (or kind of on her) as well. And her upsmash is also a godly ko move, I wonder if you can di up out of it, I didn't try...I suck at reacting fast enough to smash di out of moves like that, unless it's Pikachu's downsmash.

Oh, and her dtilt lock is ******** as well.

OH, and Din's Fire's hitbox is ENORMOUS! I got stagespiked by it like twice too.

I hate wifi with a passion.

Yeah, Dr. X told me that it was possible in fact to DI behind Pit before the Angel Ring move can finish, which gives you the perfect opportunity to mess him up (With a gigantic hammer! Well, maybe not that much time... but an Fsmash should work.)

As for Zelda, personally, I've never had a problem power shielding Din's Fire, though I haven't played any really good Zeldas either. For her Usmash (remember, this is just theory since I haven't played a good Zelda), since it lasts so long, couldn't you bait her into using it then either hit her with a Fsmash (if your on the ground) or stone (if you're above her).
I think it was Dr. X who told me that too. In person XD

"personally, I've never had a problem power shielding Din's Fire" so you're lucky enough to have people to play offline...jerk.

And yeah you can probably bait upsmash into a stone.

I think Zelda really is 60-40 over Kirby :/

Pit, on the other hand, isn't too hard imo.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You need to be ridiculously patient with Zelda. Don't be surprised if the match goes over 6 minutes.

Just watch out for those smashes. Most of them kill Kirby at an insane percentage. Just space BAirs like always and use tilts to give her damage in small amounts. Then go for FSmash. Keep that move fresh. You're gonna need it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
This Zelda wouldn't let herself get hit by fsmash...lol I'm having trouble landing that move nowadays :/ I end up getting punished most of the time, I don't know how to mindgame it >_<

Bunny, give me some of your Kirby skill and become an IC main :[

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
OH, and Din's Fire's hitbox is ENORMOUS! I got stagespiked by it like twice too.
Agreed! That's the main problem with it: People who know how to use it are going to use it at places where you think you're out of range but not. Unfortunately, I'm really just talking about how I *try* to use it, since again, there are no Zeldas here to play...

Wait... How do you get stagespiked by Din's Fire? (I'm not trying to be an *** or sarcastic, I genuinely didn't know it could...)

I think it was Dr. X who told me that too. In person XD

"personally, I've never had a problem power shielding Din's Fire" so you're lucky enough to have people to play offline...jerk.
Same here actually... he and the other Cincinnati guys are the only (decent/good) people I've played offline in the last few months actually... Maybe I'm just not lucky enough to have an online :laugh:

Quick question: Does Kirby's Fsmash outprioritize her Usmash? Does his Usmash?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Quick question: Does Kirby's Fsmash outprioritize her Usmash? Does his Usmash?
Don't even risk trying to outprioritize it. Get the hell out of the way when you see it coming.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
wait for the right time, space your bairs, and be careful. If zelda punishes one of your attacks, your mostly going to be hit very hard.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wait... How do you get stagespiked by Din's Fire? (I'm not trying to be an *** or sarcastic, I genuinely didn't know it could...)
I was recovering towards the stage (FD), and she sent it downwards and it exploded under me, sending me under the lip of the stage and spiking me. Or..something like that, I'm not sure.

I CAN tell you that it would have been extremely easy to dodge....offline. Or at least I could have stageteched. -_-

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
You need to be ridiculously patient with Zelda. Don't be surprised if the match goes over 6 minutes.

Just watch out for those smashes. Most of them kill Kirby at an insane percentage. Just space BAirs like always and use tilts to give her damage in small amounts. Then go for FSmash. Keep that move fresh. You're gonna need it.
This. Kid on campus here plays Zelda, this is how I approach him. Sometimes I will misjudge the length of upsmash (getting better) so after he uses one and I go for a dair or something, I get hit by the end of it and get sent away.
As for Pit, I dont play many *good* pit players, but I would imagine this works too, although I am not as patient fighting one.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
This. Kid on campus here plays Zelda, this is how I approach him. Sometimes I will misjudge the length of upsmash (getting better) so after he uses one and I go for a dair or something, I get hit by the end of it and get sent away.
As for Pit, I dont play many *good* pit players, but I would imagine this works too, although I am not as patient fighting one.
Dude. No joke.

Zelda's upsmash lasts FOREVER.

Top Bottom