• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do u beat metaknight???

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
i know there have been millions of threads on this, and i know theres a summary in the weekly discussion, but i really want some advice on how to beat metaknights, and hopefully more in-depth. any advice, and please dont flame, as i have my flame proof vest on :].

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
in depth please? chain grabs only work to a certain extent, and sometimes metaknight is to quick to play spammy.

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
I have't played many MK's but i have played some good MK users.

Mk has a good "dash grab" pay attention and spot dodge, Then counter with a smash or if MK is at low % then CG.

Lasers & Shine will take out Tornado & MK's over B.

MK is pretty lite so Forward smash kills pretty quickly, Not sure what % though.

MK is annoing with FAIR so keep him grounded, SHL & SHDL works nicely.

Spike him!

person701

Smash Journeyman
SHDL (the losest of the low shots) to keep him far away while you can. Falco's shine is annoying to any offesive players (not characters, players) so use that if they get over agressive. Don't shine to much other wise they may start expecting it. It's used to catch them off guard and punish them for it. Any openholes you get, punish that too. Keep it to the ground as much as possible. And like to above user said, watch for the dash grab. Smashs and CGs work well for counters.

Smash Rookie
before rgb says anything, sh phantasms work wonders, you could be mega pro and do the chaingrab into spike into footstool, just don't try it twice in a row

J4pu

Smash Champion
before rgb says anything, sh phantasms work wonders, you could be mega pro and do the chaingrab into spike into footstool, just don't try it twice in a row
Haha I've done that on GW a few times, completely by accident every time, but it was still epic

wangston

Smash Lord
I did the chain, spike, footstool, it was the best thing ever haha. It was in the first 5 seconds of a match everyone watching went crazy. I tried it in training mode and thought it would work if he wasn't expecting it, sure enough he wasn't and it was glorious. But if meta does know it's coming he is going to use u-air and then your going to get gimped and die.

Top Bottom