• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"How do I beat ___?", the Ganondorf Match-Up Thread

:034:

Smash Hero
Pikachu has a chaingrab on you until about 80%, I believe. Thunder kills hard. All of his smashes are useful, and he has a great aerial game. His moves are most famous for overriding your attacks with crazy disjointed hitboxes (I'm looking at you, downsmash).

The good way to deal with this is to pick a right stage. Pick a stage with good platforms that diminish his chances to spam Thunder and make you able to go around his Jolts. Battlefield sound good? You like that stage? So do I.

The way to avoid downsmash spamming: immediately smash DI upward. Keep doing that and you should get out before the initial hit. However, since his downsmash is so ****ing fast, it'll be hard to do.

Don't forget that ftilt is guaranteed after a Murder Choke.

Pikachu is probably among the harder match-ups. I'd say 8-2.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Pikachu has a chaingrab on you until about 80%, I believe. Thunder kills hard. All of his smashes are useful, and he has a great aerial game. His moves are most famous for overriding your attacks with crazy disjointed hitboxes (I'm looking at you, downsmash).
I can't remember, can't you just D-tilt his D-smash if he whiffs it? Not that will happen often, but just saying...

The good way to deal with this is to pick a right stage. Pick a stage with good platforms that diminish his chances to spam Thunder and make you able to go around his Jolts. Battlefield sound good? You like that stage? So do I.
I don't know if it's just me, I've found that I very much dislike this particular matchup on battlefield. IMO the platforms do not actually do much to save you from his camping since he can simply throw jolts on platforms to still control space. Maybe it's just because Thunderjolts are just really gay in general. =/

I haven't played this match on Smashville, but I honestly think the moving platform might do the most to work against the way Pikachu's spam works.

Oh, and as for the Ike matchup, I think it's close to even, if only just slightly in Ike's favor because he has an easier time ledgeguarding you as opposed to vice versa since your recovery is worse. Maybe 55/45 in Ike's favor.

The key to this matchup IMO is shielding for both of you. When Ike properly shields something, he usually gets to Jab or I think U-tilt you. When you shield Ike on the other hand, you get to Jab or F-tilt him. All in all, I'd say Ganondorf comes out slightly ahead here since his F-tilt is actually a dangerous kill move.

All in all there are a lot of spacing wars + baiting and punishing in this matchup. It's pretty boring honestly since it's difficult for either of you to be agressive.

Top Bottom