• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you get into your main?

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
:pikachu64:-Back when I became a Pokemon fan, I wanted to try the first Smash game out because he was in it. Love how he played and he became one of my mains ever since.

:nessmelee:-Tried him out randomly in Melee. I sucked as him at first, but after learning about him more, I find him to be a pretty fun character.

:mewtwomelee:-Despite being a punching bag, I still think he's an awesome fighter. Also, he's one of my favorite Pokemon anyway.

:younglinkmelee:-Always was a fan of the kid Links, so of course I had to play as him. Due to how fast he is, I can easily play as him more than regular Link.

:bowser2:-Never liked how he play in Melee, but by the time Brawl came out, I can easily play as him. And I'm a Bowser fan, so it easily helps.

:lucario:-Another Pokemon I love & I like his moveset pretty good.

:toonlink:-Same reason as Young Link.

:4bowserjr:-Big fan of the Koopa kids, so by the time they got announced, I got seriously hyped. Very fun characters to play as.

:4charizard:-Didn't like how he played in Brawl, but I find him better in Smash 4, though.

:4greninja:-Again, another favorite Pokemon of mine. Think his moveset's pretty cool.

:4link:-Didn't like him at all in the previous games, but he's definitely improved in Smash 4. Along with Toon Link, regular Link's a character I play as the most.

:rosalina:-Liked her since Galaxy, so she's instantly a favorite.

:4zelda:-She felt better to me in Smash 4 compared to previous games.

IgniteSSB

Smash Rookie
Mains
:4pikachu:- I got into him by figuring out that I sucked at the people who I THOUGHT were my mains.
:4mario:- Didn't enjoy Mario until Smash 4, his spike is brutal and is one of the most satisfying moves to use.
:4megaman:- I just like how he has a different play style than most characters, and is really dominating if you're able to space out his attacks right

Secondaries
:4falcon:- Still trying to consistently short hop and be able to get the combos.
:4diddy:- My biggest trouble with him is the recovery, otherwise I only need the grab button to win.

RedBeanPorridge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RedBeanPorridge
3DS FC
3823-8771-4471
:4jigglypuff:- Her aerial mobility and attacks felt so natural to me, it only made sense to play jigglyperf. Her ability to Wall of Pain put me in awe.
:4peach:- was my first pick the first time i played melee. I love playing technical characters. I love the feeling of having to make various complex controller inputs to do something awesome, in peach's i'd have to hold the jump button while pulling the analog down to groundfloat and pressing a AND a direction to perforn an aerial. Call me insane but I love that. And glide tossing turnips is fun as hell.

Now the next two I only decided to pick up because I knew they were known to be crappy characters.

:4zelda:-She's known to be pretty crappy so I gave her a go. Hated her the first time I played her so I stopped. But then I saw 'the elevator' used in a tournament and was amazed. So I decided to try her again. In spite of her flaws, I still think she's a crappy character statistically, but I enjoy playing her and she's a pretty solid counter for projectile based characters.

:4wiifit:- chose her on FG for fun (that sounds confusing). Started kicking ass so i kept playing as her.

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
:4zss:Is a fighter utilizing kicking, has a bunch of combos and gimmicks, is the funnest damn character I've played in the smash series. Being a metroid fan, she's my favourite Nintendo character.

:4falcon:Is a fighter with a bunch of extravagant animations + combos, tons of KO power AND satisfying moves! Sorry, but I'm not a F-Zero fan.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
:4wario2: - He will always be my favorite Nintendo Character and my true main in Smash. He's always fun to play as, unorthodox, agile, yet heavy and so much more.

:4ganondorf: - The Dorf is satisfaction incarnate! Those moments when you read and outsmart your friend who plays Falcon and Link just to send them flying with your heavy hittings punches from hell! UUURGH so much fun! The Dorf is just pure pleasure.

:4metaknight: - Never played MK in Brawl because I usually stray away from characters pronounced "Top tier". But here, I felt like you really have to work with MK. He's fast, has great aerial game and is overall a lot of fun to use. Granted, my usuage of him has ceased a little bit the last few weeks, but MK is still one of my best guys.

:4palutena: - I had an on/off thing going with P money. When I started with Smash 4, i liked her. Then I liked other characters more....and now, months later, I improved and realized that what I learned really bears fruits with Palutena. I originally chose her because of Uprising and a little fanboyism (not ashamed!), but now I see all the things she actually has to offer. fast walking speed, some attacks that come out super fast, sublime grab game, kill combos, etc.

So yeah, that's it from me. My fifth spot is reserved for Mewtwo, cause I actually loved him in Melee :)

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
:pikachu64: - I don't even remember, probably because I loved Pokemon?
:luigimelee: - Luigi was my favorite Mario character at the time (green was my favorite color and he's Green Mario)
:pikachumelee: - I knew how to use him from 64
:luigi2:- I knew him from Melee and didn't want to try any new characters
:4peach: - Peach is my favorite Mario character now and I know that if she's used effectively she can be really good.
:rosalina: - The concept with her and Luma is interesting, she's one of my favorite Mario characters, and I'm trying to learn more characters this time around
:4luigi: - I've known him from Melee/Brawl
:4villagerf: - The moveset is interesting and I love Animal Crossing
:4pikachu:- The Smash 3DS demo made me remember my love of playing as him in 64/Melee

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
:4marth:- Marth was my first ever character I truly stuck too in Smash Bros (even before I found out he was incredibly strong years later when I got into the scene). If I remember correctly, I loved marth for the fact that he used a sword and that was it. Quite plain reason if you ask me haha. I remember I would actually get picked on by my "friends" for picking him because everyone thought he was girl -_- I always stuck on to him no matter what though.

:4falcon:- Falcon has always been my pocket time-to-have-fun character that I pulled out at parties. I remember exactly when I first picked him and fell in love with how nuts his moveset was. From a 12 year old perspective, this was an amazing thing haha.

:4gaw: - Now G&W is kind of the same story as marth except one difference: I really dont remember what attracted me to him. I think there was one day that I just tried him out for fun and realized "this character has potential, I just know it". Stuck with him ever since.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
I was never a big Mario player before Smash 4. Sure, I played a little bit of Dr. Mario in Melee, but then I discovered Falcon and Ganondorf, and my interest in Mario faded. Then came the Smash 4 3DS demo. I played that demo for hours every day, discovering just what the gameplay was. It struck me that I really liked playing as Mario. His agility, his combos, and his aerials were all so good. When the game released, I wasted no time to experimenting different fighters with Mario. I loved him. To this day, I still consider him one of my go-to characters.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
I picked :dk64:/:dkmelee:/:dk2:/:4dk: because he's one of my favorite video game characters of all time. Simple as that.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Y'see, my main was in front of me this whole time and I didn't realise it.

Way back in Brawl, I mained Luigi for a short period of time, and I did the online mode a lot. One day, three people got the plan to try to gang up on the fourth player, that being me at the time. I destroyed all of them.

Needless to say, the moment I picked up Luigi in Sm4sh, he felt natural to me.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I'll only post about my top 2 mains because I'm not that guy who mains half the cast but yeah:

:mewtwomelee::mewtwopm::4mewtwo:I remember when I got the strategy guide for Melee while I was waiting at the dentist's office a few weeks after Melee came out. I was 9 and hadn't unlocked all the stuff yet and saw the roster. I was interested in everyone I hadn't unlocked, but Mewtwo was the single most thing I'd been excited for in a long time. A buddy and I slept over at my place and actually left the game on for 20 hours to unlock Mewtwo and I instantly fell in love with his playstyle. I started maining him and never looked back. The floaty jumps (and DJC), the long reach on the tilts and airs, and plus he was one of my favorite Pokemon. His low-tier status just made me wanna get good with him faster, and I always defended him when people would claim he was stupid or overrated. To put it into perspective, I ended up buying a 360 instead of a Wii when I heard Mewtwo wouldn't be in Brawl, and immediately jumped on PM when I heard about him and Roy returning. I love how much more viable he is in PM, and I'm thoroughly enjoying him in Smash 4 so far. He also helped me learn wavedashing (because his is long and easy to do) and l cancels (because you gotta use his airs all the time).

:marthmelee::marth::4marth:Ever since my casual days, I liked Marth and Roy. I had no idea what they were from (like everyone else) but I thought sword characters were so cool and fun, especially after playing games like Runescape, Dark Souls, and Elder Scrolls later in life. When I got into competitive, I figured he still fit my playstyle since he was all about spacing and I learned that he was really high tier and viable, showing that I'm not biased against top tiers. I don't care for him as much in Smash 4, but I still use him almost every time I play Melee, Brawl, or PM. He was also one of the first guys I unlocked in Melee, so I had a lot of experience with him. Now that I played FE Shadow Dragon, I have a whole new respect for him.

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
I main the Koopalings because I've always loved them as characters. I could careless how they rank in the teir list. I always pick characters based on how much of a connection I have to them and just learn to be good with them as well as I can.I got sick of just using them though and also main Peach, Zelda, Ike and Wii Fit Trainer. I tend to not use characters that are popular in fighting games on purpose. I like to pick odd balls.

Fishmon14

Smash Rookie
:link64: - I was in love with OoT when Smash came out (it's still probably my all time favorite game), so I naturally gravitated towards Link. To this day I just think he plays really nicely in this and Melee. Can't stand him in Brawl or Smash 4 for whatever reason. Guess I'm just a big fan of his OoT design, and pretty sour on his TP design.

:fox64: - You know, it's kinda funny. Fox is one of my favorites in the original, but my absolute most hated character in Melee. I like him better in Brawl and Smash 4, but not by much.

:jigglypuff64: - Jigglypuff is love. Jigglypuff is life. Jigglypuff is the creator and destroyer of worlds.

:dk64: - Always had a thing for the heavy/powerful characters. Gotta love the crunch of a big hit from one of these guys. DK's probably my favorite heavyweight in the series. Plus I'm a huge fan of DKC, so the gravitation is natural.

-------------------

:mewtwomelee: - Mewtwo is my beloved. Glad my baby's finally home in Smash 4. In all seriousness though, I love the way Mewtwo plays, even if he is garbage. Plus I've always been a massive Pokemon fan, especially the first generation, so unlocking him in Melee as an 8 year old was like the coolest thing ever.

:zeldamelee: - Love the way Zelda plays. I feel like one of the only people who will pick Zelda over Sheik, every time. Never liked Sheik at all. Obviously, winning isn't a priority for me.

:bowsermelee: - Love his play style. Few things in life feel better than landing a side Smash with this guy and hearing that sound effect, even if it rarely happens.

:gawmelee: - Gotta love how weird this guy is. Tons of fun. Don't even pretend landing a 9 hammer isn't one of life's greatest joys.

-------------------

:toonlink: - Honestly probably my favorite character in the whole series. Him or Mewtwo. He just clicks so absolutely perfectly with me. I'm not a particularly competitive Smasher, but if I wanted to win, Toon Link's my guy. Not only that, but I seem to have the most fun with him in Brawl.

:pt: - Pure fun. I never really pick him expecting to win (but if you've noticed, most of my favorite characters so far are pretty awful anyway, I guess I just gravitate towards bad characters). But come on. I think the Pokemon series lends itself to the most fun characters overall, and having three characters in one (being the three basic types, no less) is almost too much to handle. Pure joy for an old gen 1 fogey such as myself. If I had to pick a favorite I'd say Charizard.

:olimar: - Love the way this guy plays, almost as much as I love the Pikmin series. And I used this guy long before I actually properly introduced myself to the Pikmin series, which is now one of my favorite series, so my enjoyment is only enhanced.

:wolf: - Really fun play style, I only wish his recovery wasn't utter garbage. Really hope to see him come back in Smash 4 as DLC.

-------------------

:4jigglypuff: - The 'Puff is back with a vengeance. I absolutely love how she plays in Smash 4. I tend to have a pretty aerial combat style in Smash games in general, and Jigglypuff is, in my opinion, the prime aerial fighter. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, they say.

:4dk: - An absolute beast in the right hands, he's back and more fun than ever.

:4charizard: - Flare Blitz is a fun cerebral move. Gotta know just when to use it to get that punish. Also, the up tilt and up throw hit HARD.

:4pacman: - A real oddball, but has some great qualities if you know how to use him. I enjoy messing with people with the fire hydrant. Because for some reason, with like 99% of people, as soon as they see it, nothing else in their life matters, think "OOH, SHINY!" and will just drop everything to go smash it away. Meanwhile, I go in for the punish. Also his standard B is very flexible, and a great back air doesn't hurt.

:4wiifit: - Didn't care much for her at first, but she's really grown on me. Not to mention, it seems like few people actually pick her, and kind of just brush her off. Picking her kinda throws some people off, and they don't really know what to expect. Not to mention I think she's just fun in general.

:4bowserjr: - As with Wii Fit Trainer, I wasn't huge on him at first. I liked him somewhat when the 3DS version came out, but I kinda lost interest. More recently though, in my many, many hours spent online in the Wii U version, I started using him more and more, and have come to really love using him. His moveset is pure fun incarnate. Gotta love doing his down tilt tongue move, and audibly making a "BLBLBLBL" sound.

:4shulk: - This really seems to be a trend with this iteration, but I didn't really care for him at first, but once I started learning how to utilize the Monado Arts, I find him really fun to play. He's honestly probably my second favorite sword user in the series, second only to Toon Link.

Last edited:

epic11

Smash Cadet
NNID
achrafrises
3DS FC
4613-7611-5770
Well this is actually my first competetive game so i didn't even know what a main was.
At first i was just playing all characters and doing (combo's) and practice online. The reason
i main Ness does not have to do anything with his games which i never played.
I really liked to use a lot of airials and killing grabs. So ofc i wanted to be better with Ness.
However his pk thunder felt too troublesome for me but i actually picked that up really fast.
I also won my first wifi tourney with Ness and that was the moment when i was 100% sure
i have a main. Btw i like to use a lot of characters but when it comes to tourneys or playing
against equal rivals i will always be Ness.

Last edited:

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
I was initially uninterested in smash 4 when I heard that a new fighter trailer was released for it. I was bored and decided to watch it.

Then I saw Lucina and thought, "a female blue haired swordsman? That's badass!" and got immediately interested in smash again when I learned her moveset was similar to marth's, which I played all the time in brawl.

I then did some more research and decided to buy awakening. It turned out to be the best game I've played in a long while, made me a fan of Fire Emblem, and made me fall in love with Lucina as a character.

ronniem3

Smash Rookie
Always liked playing :4link: since Smash 64 as I thought he required some skill to play properly. Stuck with him ever since!

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
:samusmelee: - Out off all the characters I've seen in Melee, she looked like the most fun to play, while also being somewhat viable. I loved watching Plup's fights with her. Still a beginner at melee, but she's the character I've put the most work into and she's the only one I can actually wavedash with right now (lol). Love the sound of her wavedash as well.

:fox: - I dunno, he just clicked for me. He was my best character. I've only ever played Brawl at a semi-competitive level though.

:4falcon:- After messing around with a couple characters I found I enjoyed playing as Falcon and so I picked him up. He's on hiatus right now until I get a Wii U. After watching False's Falcon I realized I need to work on my movement if I want to level him up some more. I'm not gonna practice that stuff on a 3DS.

:4metaknight: - Picked him up while I was playing Falcon and I had fun with him. I used to play him in Brawl, before I found out he was broken. I wanted to pick him back up in this game now that he's more balanced. I like him as a character as well.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
For Captain Falcon, I've never played an F-Zero game... but I picked him up when I was 12 for N64 but I played him when I was 5 in Melee because I idolized how my older brother used him, and he took F-Zero GX with him when he was shipped to college. I loved Earthbound and grabbed a lot in Smash 4 so I picked Ness up.

ShlomoGoldberger

Smash Rookie
I wanted a character who is not that popular and still good so I landed on dark pit. I know he is a clone but for me I can not play pit at all but, dark pit just clicks. Also pac-man is a little more defensive but still tons of fun.

Alga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yostud
What can i say? I always liked the Zelda franchise and its characters. And i like playing defensive characters so :4zelda: seemed like a perfect fit. + i always loved teleport moves in all games.

(first post? yey!)

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
:4drmario:: I always preferred him to Mario in Melee, he still has the spin jump & tornado attack, & the amount Melee fanservice. (Ex: The head roll idle animation, the old pill taunt, & his 2 original victory animations) I swear he represents Melee more than his actual series.

:4megaman:: Despite how I never played a Mega Man game, I heavily enjoy his playstyle & the amount of detail that was put into his moveset. Not to mention I mained him on the 3DS demo.

:4shulk:: When I first heard that some people were requesting him, I thought "If he gets in, cool. If he doesn't, oh well. I'll probably never play him", then Shulk was revealed, my thoughts were "He looks pretty good, those Monardo (How I uses to pronoun Monado) arts are unique, though I'll probably never main him", then my friend let me borrow his copy of Xenoblade, [Insert over exaggeration over how good it is], & here I am now.

:4pacman:: Pacman was 1 of 4 characters I wanted playable in Smash 4. (The others being Little Mac, Ridley, & King K. Rool) I wasn't very impressed with his moveset when I first saw his trailer (Mainly cause there was almost nothing resembling Pacman World in it), but after a few For Glory matches with him & getting an awesome Down Smash-Hydrant KO, he grew on me.

:4wario2:: I was always a big fan of his platforming games, & while I'm a little disappointed that they get even less representation in this game (Stupid Mario F-Smash copy replacing his shoulder charge), his bike, air mobility, colorful & cartoony nature makes up for it.

Troykv

Smash Master
:4drmario:: I always preferred him to Mario in Melee, he still has the spin jump & tornado attack, & the amount Melee fanservice. (Ex: The head roll idle animation, the old pill taunt, & his 2 original victory animations) I swear he represents Melee more than his actual series.

:4megaman:: Despite how I never played a Mega Man game, I heavily enjoy his playstyle & the amount of detail that was put into his moveset. Not to mention I mained him on the 3DS demo.

:4shulk:: When I first heard that some people were requesting him, I thought "If he gets in, cool. If he doesn't, oh well. I'll probably never play him", then Shulk was revealed, my thoughts were "He looks pretty good, those Monardo (How I uses to pronoun Monado) arts are unique, though I'll probably never main him", then my friend let me borrow his copy of Xenoblade, [Insert over exaggeration over how good it is], & here I am now.

:4pacman:: Pacman was 1 of 4 characters I wanted playable in Smash 4. (The others being Little Mac, Ridley, & King K. Rool) I wasn't very impressed with his moveset when I first saw his trailer (Mainly cause there was almost nothing resembling Pacman World in it), but after a few For Glory matches with him & getting an awesome Down Smash-Hydrant KO, he grew on me.

:4wario2:: I was always a big fan of his platforming games, & while I'm a little disappointed that they get even less representation in this game (Stupid Mario F-Smash copy replacing his shoulder charge), his bike, air mobility, colorful & cartoony nature makes up for it.
ALL THE WARIO SMASHES ARE MARIO SMASHES... BUT WAFTED

Niala

Smash Ace
:4wiifit: - I figured if I went to a tournament and lost to somebody playing Wii Fit Trainer I'd be super salty about it so I decided to do that to everybody else.

taomaster

Smash Rookie
Smash 64-Well back when smash 64 came out I was really in to Pokemon, so :pikachu64: was my main and I did pretty well with him. I used :ness64: too but didn't really know who he was then so I stuck with :pikachu64:

Melee- Now Melee was a bit different I started out playing as :pikachumelee: until I unlocked :marthmelee:. Was so hype, didn't know anything about him or Fire Emblem but man he was so badass and I was great with him. (at least I though I was) lol. I would use :nessmelee: sometimes but not too often. Well I entered into a MLG tournament in Dallas 2006. I just knew I would kick ass because I used :marthmelee:. Well I quickly realized how much I sucked and how deadly :sheikmelee:, and :foxmelee: was lol. My last couple matches and I knew I wasn't going to advance so I was like whatever, Ill just use :nessmelee: for kicks. Well those last 2 matches I did very well, better than I did with :marthmelee:. After that I was :nessmelee: all the way and I haven't looked back. Such an awesome and obscure character.

Brawl: :ness2:

Wii U/3DS :4ness:

Crispy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
OatmeaiCrisp
3DS FC
3754-6658-5495
Captain Falcon for sure. He's fast, agile, and hella powerful. He's always stuntin' on the court exuding style like it's nobody's business. Show me ya moves. :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon:

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
:4metaknight: I got into because his extremely fast, and pretty damn fun to play when you know how to play him properly
:4falco: I got into because, I don't like fox, but I like Falco because his slow, but his good at spacing and keeping making sure no one gets close to you.
:4lucario:His potential is amazing, his very underrated, no matter what damage, he can KICK YOUR butt.
:4luigi:Boss

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
:4wiifit: A friend used her against me in a match when the 3DS version first came out, and went "oh she looks fun to play as."
Then I got gud. Somehow. I think. I like doubting myself.
:toonlink::4tlink: Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game. So... that's mainly why.
:marth::4marth: Awakening wasn't my first FE game, but it was the first one I really go into. After beating it, I felt like playing as Marth to tide me over for the obvious Chrom announcement.
:4robinm: *WAIT CHROM ISN'T IN THE GAME AND ROBIN IS?!?! I'M SOLD!*
I don't use him a lot sadly since he's a bit too slow for me.
:4lucina: I liked Marth's playstyle. I liked Awakening. Therefore, I like Lucina.
:zelda::4zelda:I tried her out, and she ended up being very fun to use. She's always been my secondary. Sorry Zelda. :p
:lucas::4lucas: This has a long story, but it ended up being I liked Lucas as a character and his playstyle when Brawl came out, and has been my favorite Smash character since. I only played Mother 3 for the first time last summer, and that was a crazy experience.

DrPac

Smash Cadet
NNID
derek
3DS FC
2793-1053-1017
:falcon64: Captain Falcon felt much smoother and less wonkier than other characters in Smash 64, at least in my opinion.

:drmario: Mario was an easy character for me to get used to, so after awhile, I decided to play as Dr.Mario, and he was much stronger than Mario, and since he's a clone of Mario, he was an easy character to learn.

:popo: The Ice Climbers were my main whenever I failed with Roy or Dr.Mario, and due to the fact they're not in Brawl, the Ice Climbers were my last option.

:roypm:Dr.Mario was only a palette swap, and I don't think Dr.Mario had his attributes like he does in Melee, and I explained earlier, Roy was my secondary.

:4pacman:Pac Man is hard to explain, his moveset just appealed to me, and it escalated from there.

:4mewtwo:I was very happy when Mewtwo returned, and I kept playing as him, and then he just clicked with me, and I have been using him for the last 3 days.

Doogle

Smash Rookie
NNID
iamdoogle
3DS FC
3265-5178-3310
:kirby2: just always appealed to me in Melee and Brawl. Adorable, great moves and easy to use for me. I still love him but thanks to my Amiibo I prefer to battle with (or against) him now.

For Smash 4, I played around with every character and was using Villager tons due to loving Animal Crossing, but one day I just realised the potential of :4myfriends: and haven't gone back since.
Also after realising I ignored him completely in Brawl, I tried :4olimar: online when playing for hours with my friend and once I was realised I could KO extremely hard at not that high percentage with the purple Pikmin I decided to try him out and now I adore Olimar/Alph and how they play, definitely my second most played.

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
Well, I saw Ken do a Ken Combo once. So I decided to main Marth. Then, I played F-Zero and decided to main Falcon. It's been that way ever since.

Recently, I saw some highlight reels of Greninja combos and said "Hey! Greninja looks sweet!" I decided that I would only play Greninja until I "got good". So here I am.

qwerty1418

Smash Rookie
:snake: I first started playing with him and loved his unique smash attacks. Plus almost every attack creates an explosion, and who doesnt love explosions?

:4lucario: He is one of my favorite pokemon and was my secondary in brawl, so with snake gone I decided to main him. I love his moveset and how strong he can get if you can survive long enough, And after learning some more advanced techniques like b-reversing I've come to love how dangerous a charging aura sphere is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Do you even NEED to ask?

...I could go into more legit details, including other characters too, but I don't have the time right now.

Last edited:

AlexKO

Smash Rookie
I main Dedede.

I got into him because the character's playstyle fits me perfectly. I like having a great recovery, zoning ability and lots of power. So much fun to play. I feel so comfortable playing him.

Plus I just love the character. Fat, happy penguin.

Last edited:

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Have been picking Yoshi in mario games ever since I was little. Which started because I liked (still do, but I was around 6) the color green and thought Luigi was a wannabe Mario. So really, I guess I like yoshi because Luigi's a wannabe.

Top Bottom