• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you find SmashBoards?

Ensee

Smash Ace
Sorry if this has been made before, but I didn't see anything. Now, how did YOU find SmashBoards? Tell you're story here :). Here's mine: Well one day, after not playing Smash for about half a year, I decided to start back up again. I had not beaten the game at the time, so I thought I would search for things on how to get trophies, beat Event Matches easier, etc. on the internet. Well I stumbled upon information on SSBB, and it linked me to this board. I've never been the same since. (lol)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think this has been made...ten times?

Ah well.

A guy linked me to his story that he posted here. Tournament of Death, by Orgrim Doomhammer. I was one of the few people that never came here for smash.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I was searching for Super smash bros. melee information on google and this forum popped up on the first page.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Nintendo Power had Smash World Forums featured in its article centered on Smash Bros.

Posting in this forum became a hobby after I saw that issue of NP.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I was refered here for photoshop assistance by Fantasia.

It was in 2002... I never posted again until recently.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
back when i was learning WD months ago I decided to go on google and type "smash forum" because my other forum "a Pokemon one" helped me alot in Pokemon strategy and I thought this will help 2(which it did) and i joind 4-days before my 13th birthday so i am a thirteen year with a fourteen year old account

PS: I love never ending-sentences! Crap it just ended

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
somebody mentioned it on gfaqz...

i didn't even go to any forums/boards but after losing to a friend in smash, I wasn't able to accept it because I still thought I was the best at that time. Went on to internet, gfaqz, then on to swf.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I joined after watching Adventure for the 8th time~forgot to give E123Omega credit for refering me by hosting superdoodleman's video. I didn't even waste anytime looking around the site first; that donkey kong avatar had me hooked!

Pit 42

Smash Lord
I read about it in an issue on Nintendo Power. Then I made my own site about smash, but wanted a smash site that would be more active, so I came back here.

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
While we were playing in the Student Lounge at school, someone was asking about how to do advanced techniques... Another guy said to go to smashboards.com/ and they explain how to do everything. He didn't say it to me, but I decided to check it out...

I don't know that guy's name, but he said he's on this board.

Pablo18

Smash Journeyman
flagged up poppin dat 18 street in Long Island....
Well my story is a bit embarising but whatever. I would always play smash with my friends and eventually i started fooling around in training mode and actually discovered samus's bomb recovery 1 day, SWD the next day, and WD a week later. I thought that i was the greatest smash player in the whole world. I found a tourny to go to on the internet and I honestly thought that if i went that i was going to become famous. So i ended up going and made it to the finals no prob., but i was kinda frustrated because no one was recognizing my advance tech. (it was because they had all seen it before) so i was waiting for my final match and i happpened to overhear the kid i was facing about WD, SHFFL etc. but i didnt know what they were talking about because at the time i had names of my own for the techs. (because i thought i discovered them lol) so yea the kid three stocks me, and during the match i noticed him WD and so after the match i went up to him and said "hey you found that tech. on your own too?" and he burts out laughing and writes on a piece of paper "www.smashboards.com" and when he gives it to me he says "check this site out , your in for alot" and sure enough i was.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I am wholly uninteresting. I simply found the place while searching for SSB info (the original!) I even remember the bomb shelter from while we upgraded to smashboards.com

That's right. It wasn't always its own domain. This juggernaut once ran off shared bandwidth.

Specialized

Smash Rookie
I havn't been a member very long at all, 2 days to be exact. I was at another forum (a zelda one to be exact) and someone posted it. I checked it out and fell in love with it. I'm probly gonna be less active on the Zelda one, since I like Smashboards way better.

TouchingtheVoidII

Smash Rookie
simple, I have known about this site for a while but just joined yesterday, I was looking up ssbm on google, trying to look at ways to get better and i found this forum.

syaoran

Smash Rookie
I found out from some guy on Game Faqs who posted a link about the "new" tier list, the link was actually a link to some thread here, i looked around and saw that this had a lot of useful information. Yeah that's my story.

Top Bottom