• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you choose your main?

TJK1997

Smash Journeyman
My main is Luigi.I choose him because I like the way Isai uses him he is my main in SSBM he has drill and sometimes underrated and I like using Underated/Low tier characters.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
i first chose samus over the dair she had, then switched to mario which made me realise he has no finishers that are quick, so i switched to luigi and he is now my main

moogle

Smash Ace
I chose Jigglypuff cause I discovered down-air to rest, and I beat my friends with it.

This was back in 1999 or 2000. ;)

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is my main. his moves can OWN and can make noobs complain(even tho they coulda figured out a way to beat a kirby after the 10th battle with Kirby T_T). i also play Link and Mario for being a fan of The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros., and fox to have fun with(mainly dodging...literally. i would not even attack you after a while).

==Top==
Kirby
Fox
Mario
Link
=Bottom=

Thino

Smash Master
I have no main , but I'm not Azen cuz I'm quite average with 9 over the 12 characters.
I still trying to find a solution and focus on one char but I can't.

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
I chose ness way back in when Smash first came out bc when I unlocked him I got really excited bc he was so new and weird to use.

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
My very first main was captain falcon... i guess because he looked cool... but then i started getting pwned. I stumbled across a video of isai playing with pikachu, and after that i was taken by the potential of pika. So pika became my main. Kirby become my secondary character after realizing how fun it is to d-air edgeguard and then laugh maniacally at your friends.e

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yoshi's always been my favourite from the Mario series, and also I believe he's highly underrated, and I'd like to be able to proove that.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Ness was my main for a long time after one match I 3 stocked my brother first time playing him. After I started playing online though there was a strange lack of fox players, and since fox was my secondary, I decided I'd play him instead.

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
I originally chose Fox and Pikachu because I liked their down b's, and I mained Pikachu for a while then suddenly became drastically better with fox.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
mario was mine. I used to be a huge mariofan boy sooo I picked him when I was noob

but I chose fox and falcon cuz they are hardcore

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
I got this game only because it had link in it from OoT..
Then (becuz i could) i got 1 game from every character in ssb.
Earthbond I rommed (
Metriod 2 for the GB i never beat....
F0 for the GBA ddnt have falcon in it

I used to watch DBZ at the time and I liked Samus's game...
Her B move was fun to use (still is)
I thought of it as a Spirit Bomb type move.... Powerful and junk like that :D
Her Dair was HOT and when i learned L canceling her Diar combo... to Bair..... I became da best in my elementary school :O.

THEN I stopped playing SSB for a loong time and started on RPG games... I got FF10.
Tidus's Sphere shot... lol Made me think of smash bros somehow....
Tried Mario's Uair... ddnt work.
Tried Luigi's ... ddnt work.
Tried Pikachu's I didn't like it.
SO I then discovered (for myself) Falcon's Uair KO
I LOVED IT when on hyrule near the right ledge I would short hop and Uair KO my opponent sending them flying in a straight line Left.
It was SO powerful that they couldnt tech lol they were only centimeters from the ground and yet they never touched it.
GOOD STUFF.

Falcon then became my new main.

Now since im keyboard and i cant controll either on of them so good (no short hop - no dair combo for samus)
Now i Main low tier samus cuz bomb spikes are HOT.

SAMUS is win.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
No one plays with items. And plus, Fox has WAY more potential, he can use shine to reflect any items back, which effectively nullifies the opponents use of items.

Sensei

Smash Lord
I first used Link cuz I liked OoT. Then I used Jiggly for the same reason that moogle stated, lol. Now I use Fox cuz he's awesome. I'm kinda getting back into link now.

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
i use c.falcon as my main

then ill play jigglypuff, kirby, fox, samus

then everyone, im not competitive at asll with the rest but ill play everyone

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
omg tjk cant u just re-edit ur message on the post or make it a poll to keep count on mains?
i love being rare. it makes me...special, unique, valuable?

HarryPotter

Smash Cadet
I started playing POikachu back when I (and everyone else) was in the pokemon craze, and 2nded Jiggs. after a long break from the game (I didn't own the game until 2003, 4 years after I first played) I got real good with Pikachu and Kirby. I hate about 450 of the 493 (that's 333 too many) pokemon, but {Pikachu is not one of them. therefore, now I pwn some serious n00bage in SSBM with Pika, therefore,Pika's my main.
-HP-

MattNF

Smash Lord
Falcon and Pika for me.

I usually change the character depending on who my opponent is. If I fight a link, falcon, fox, or yoshi, I'll use falcon. Anyone else I would use pikachu.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I choose fox because nephiros and superboomfan inspired me to be a fox. Im trying to mix both of there styles in. Nephiros's Drill combos and boom's SHDL's.

Top Bottom