• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How could they not have a Princess Hilda color scheme!?

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I feel like the biggest disappointment in Smash Bros was the lack of cool skins. Princess Hilda was included in Hyrule warriors but they failed to add an addition to smash? Same with the Pokemon. We cant have a shiny Charizard? I know it is is pretty first world problem. I hope they make skin DLC as much as that would make my wallet hurt. Zelda needs to more dresses being the most sophisticated and elegant beauty in the game.

"Ahurr let's make all the koopalings but forget the many Zelda's because she isnt important." -Sakurai

Don't smite me Sakurai....

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
They aaaalmost had Hilda's scheme with the alternate purple dress costume, but her hair was dark blonde, instead of Hilda's dark blue/purple one. But yeah...

They put shiny Greninja but not Charizard lol.

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I wish Sakurai placed more thought in Zelda. Little mac getting 3 unique skin types and zelda getting none really urks me.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I was bitterly disappointed about this as well; her Hilda alt would have looked absolutely gorgeous.

Imagine her look with purple hair and purple lipstick.

Just...wow. A missed opportunity.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Shiny Charizard is in. Just G/S/C shiny charizard and not the one from the most recent games. That isn't shiny greninja by the way. Just something that kind of resembles him. They got the colors wrong.

I wish more characters got actual alternate outfits. Still somewhat disappointed that Samus's alt suits are all just colors as opposed to reskins.

I'm not sure how good Hilda would look in Twilight Princess style but maybe I'm just being negative.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The main problem is that they wanted to keep all Brawl's color scheme (even the OoT (or "Zelda of Old") one: they made it purple to match OoT 3DS, YET they kept everything that was wrong in the first place, like the blue jewels).

While I like the fact that we have two blonde Zelda, with one that have more realistic colors, it's a shame the Hilda color scheme isn't here, especially while we have ALttP/ALBW color scheme.

By the way, there's inconstencies on how alt colors are handled. Like Marth who have a Roy color scheme, yet he keep his blue hair. Meanwhile, Lucina discover the joys of hair colorations.

Another example: Mario and Luigi's Waluigi color. While Mario's M is yellow, Luigi's L is Purple.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
At least we're not Pacman. That mofo has nothing going for him in his recolors.

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
At least we're not Pacman. That mofo has nothing going for him in his recolors.
They should have made a Miss.Pac-man. Like just add a bow. All these missed opportunities. It is kinda sad really considering that this game only comes out per console. That is why i'm really hoping for some cool skin related DLC even though they have not announced they would do that.

Knowing Smash bros though surprised are always popping up. *cough* mew-two *cough*

Last edited:

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
A Hilda recolor would've been the way to go. Too bad they decided not to do it at the last second when they already had it in mind. At least we got SOMETHING from ALBW which I believe is the second blonde Zelda, though some think it's OoT.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
A Hilda recolor would've been the way to go. Too bad they decided not to do it at the last second when they already had it in mind. At least we got SOMETHING from ALBW which I believe is the second blonde Zelda, though some think it's OoT.
The second blonde is definitely ALttP/ALBW. (also, it's nice to have musics from ALBW)

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
It never hit me until just a little earlier today that a Hilda alt would have been really cool. Is the grandma Zelda from anything, or is it just a smash original?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It never hit me until just a little earlier today that a Hilda alt would have been really cool. Is the grandma Zelda from anything, or is it just a smash original?
A Smash original as stated, probably made to have a Dark Zelda counterpart to Dark Link. Same goes for Old man Dorf.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Hyrule Warrior's Zelda >>>>>>

Hyrule Warrior's got pretty much all of the Zelda looks though.

They gave us the classy QUEEN Zelda from Twilight Princess(2nd best Zelda design after Hyrule Warriors)

The old Ocarina of Time Zelda, would have been fan service for the bitter melee players.(I don't personally use but she's okay I guess)

The basic Skyward Sword Zelda (she had a cute personality tho)

And the one Hilda(idk her) costume you guys wanted for some reason.

THIS is how you do alternate costumes.
Take note Sakurai.

Even Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf slays a biT!

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Hyrule Warrior's Zelda >>>>>>

Hyrule Warrior's got pretty much all of the Zelda looks though.

They gave us the classy QUEEN Zelda from Twilight Princess(2nd best Zelda design after Hyrule Warriors)

The old Ocarina of Time Zelda, would have been fan service for the bitter melee players.(I don't personally use but she's okay I guess)

The basic Skyward Sword Zelda (she had a cute personality tho)

And the one Hilda(idk her) costume you guys wanted for some reason.

THIS is how you do alternate costumes.
Take note Sakurai.
Omg you gotta play A Link Between Worlds. It is such a fun game.

I want a Princess Zorldo costume
The world isn't ready for Princess Zorldo.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was just as surprised as y'all when they didn't have a Princess Hilda alt for Zelda. I definitely would've used that a lot.

Btw, A Link Between Worlds is such an awesome game.

Smashfan61

Smash Cadet
What disappoints me is the fact the Zelda cast got no love in terms of design choices. I mean really, they're still using the Twilight Princess Models? Not that I don't like these models, but in terms of designs they're just slightly brighter colored and more detailed versions of it.
I mean why didn't they go with Skyward Sword Zelda or even better Hyrule Warriors Zelda? She's so much more badass than her TP literation. It would hav even improved Zelda. Even Gannon's HW look is similar to his TP look. Her HW can even fit her TP look. I don't get why their designs are reused?

Also I agree, they should have had Hilda as an Alt for Zelda, that would have been so awesome to see.

Also the whole "They kept it to keep Gannon in" Doesn't work because Sheik hasn't been in any game besides OOT, yet she got new model changes.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Also the whole "They kept it to keep Gannon in" Doesn't work because Sheik hasn't been in any game besides OOT, yet she got new model changes.
Sheik can be thankful to have been planned in Twilight Princess and have a concept art. Technically, there's unicity in the design of the Zelda characters, as they all come from TP.

But as much as I love those designs, I would personally have various costumes to represent different Zelda games (like Toon Link does).

TP Link, SS Zelda, OoT Ganondorf...

Smashfan61

Smash Cadet
Sheik can be thankful to have been planned in Twilight Princess and have a concept art. Technically, there's unicity in the design of the Zelda characters, as they all come from TP.

But as much as I love those designs, I would personally have various costumes to represent different Zelda games (like Toon Link does).

TP Link, SS Zelda, OoT Ganondorf...
I didn't know she was planned for TP concept art, so my mistake there. Still Gannon's HW look resembles a bit of Demise, I still would have love to seen diversity in their designs.

Also having different styles of the characters would have been so great.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I didn't know she was planned for TP concept art, so my mistake there. Still Gannon's HW look resembles a bit of Demise, I still would have love to seen diversity in their designs.

Also having different styles of the characters would have been so great.
At least as alt costume, yes.

HW Ganondorf definitely takes things from Demise (the hair, the cloth around his waist) and TP (the beard, the armor, the jewels on his head). It does have new elements, though, like Zelda.

That why those designs are great. They take a different approach, but the characters are still easily recognizable.

Top Bottom