• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
There is nothing I'd rather see than Skull Kid in Brawl. I'd sacrifice any other character suggested, any other item suggested... hell, I'd axe SSE for Skull Kid. Also, you guys have some really good ideas for move lists here.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
There is nothing I'd rather see than Skull Kid in Brawl. I'd sacrifice any other character suggested, any other item suggested... hell, I'd axe SSE for Skull Kid. Also, you guys have some really good ideas for move lists here.
That is commitment.

Orbinas

Smash Rookie
Skull Kid is my most wanted character in Brawl. He fits really well, in my opinion. He can easily fit into a moveset and has an obvious Final Smash and stage. Imo, it would be stupid not to put him in Brawl.

... Why don't you try playing a Zelda game OTHER than Twilight princess.

Please for the sake of humanity.
Uh, I have. It's not a Twilight Princess character that I want for the final Zelda slot, but Vaati. Not in Twilight Princess, in case you forgot. And I simply prefer the Twilight Princess's Skull Kid's look.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What like Vaati? Please MM is better than all the games he has been in combined. Tru Fax!

What like Vaati? Please MM is better than all the games he has been in combined. Tru Fax!

Hm, so it is common practice for people on this board to attack others just for expressing their opinions? Notice how I wasn't really targeting anyone when I posted, and yet three people suddenly get all offended when I say I like the Skull Kid from Twilight Princess. Interesting.

Legolastom

Smash Hero

Hm, so it is common practice for people on this board to attack others just for expressing their opinions? Notice how I wasn't really targeting anyone when I posted, and yet three people suddenly get all offended when I say I like the Skull Kid from Twilight Princess. Interesting.
No you said that there are far more deserving characters... and then you go and say (Or at least imply) one of them was a character that appeared in 2 games not even made by Nintendo while 2 of theme were spin off party games.

You also said you would see him as an assist trophey and nothing more.

No you said that there are far more deserving characters... and then you go and say (Or at least imply) one of them was a character that appeared in 2 games not even made by Nintendo while 2 of theme were spin off party games.

You also said you would see him as an assist trophey and nothing more.

You left out the part where I said that was my opinion. ;) I don't remember bashing yours.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea sorry I just get a little jumpy around the topic of Zelda and MM from all the bashing I have got because of it.

How do you know there will only be one non tri-force Zelda character slot?
Again, obviously I don't. And again, this is just what I predict. No series should really have more than five characters (in my opinion, let me point that out). I predict that the cast for The Legend of Zelda will be Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link (WW model with moves from that game) and one non-Triforce character.

Any more questions?

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Again, obviously I don't. And again, this is just what I predict. No series should really have more than five characters (in my opinion, let me point that out). I predict that the cast for The Legend of Zelda will be Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link (WW model with moves from that game) and one non-Triforce character.

Any more questions?
I thought you might have something to back up what you said about character slots (i.e. the number of total characters), I didn't realize you were just "predicting". No, no further questions.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
I've never seen so many arguments over one character...
For real.

I understand the people who want Skull Kid in; I'm one of them.

I understand the people who don't care one way or another; there are characters who I don't care about one way or another.

I don't understand people who are opposed to him. There are no characters who I oppose. There is no character whose addition to Brawl would ruin the game. I don't draw any connection from one character to another (i.e. if X makes it, then Y won't be in it, so I don't want X to make it), in large part because we don't know the amount of total characters, or how Sakurai feels about character representation (i.e. the magic number of characters each series should have).

Legolastom

Smash Hero
So your saying that if Vaati gets in then that doesn't lower Skull Kids chances? Because let me tell you, it does.

I don't understand people who are opposed to him. There are no characters who I oppose. There is no character whose addition to Brawl would ruin the game. I don't draw any connection from one character to another (i.e. if X makes it, then Y won't be in it, so I don't want X to make it), in large part because we don't know the amount of total characters, or how Sakurai feels about character representation (i.e. the magic number of characters each series should have).
The only reason I 'oppose' him is because I simply prefer Vaati, and as I've already mentioned, my guess is that there will only be non-Triforce user from the series. But if Skull Kid is playable, I wouldn't be unhappy. He's a good character and I'm sure Sakurai can find a way to make him work.

I hope I don't invoke the wrath of anyone with Majora's Mask avatars this time...

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
So your saying that if Vaati gets in then that doesn't lower Skull Kids chances? Because let me tell you, it does.
I'm saying without knowing Sakurai's opinion on character representation or the total number of characters, there is no way to KNOW.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
We don't KNOW anything, for all we KNOW Sakurai could take everything out of Smash bros and make it a Barbie game.

But we can make predictions based off of the things we do KNOW.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
We don't KNOW anything, for all we KNOW Sakurai could take everything out of Smash bros and make it a Barbie game.

But we can make predictions based off of the things we do KNOW.
I thought we didn't know anything? So that means we can make predictions based off nothing. Which is pretty much what many on this board do, so I guess you're right.

lol

I'm saying without knowing Sakurai's opinion on character representation or the total number of characters, there is no way to KNOW.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ok then,

We dont KNOW anything for a fact.

But we can make predictions based off of things that we THINK we KNOW.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Vaati, Midna, and Skull Kid fans, we can all get along. Lets hope all our characters make it. Theres no reason why not. And there wont be a reason until the total number of characters is revealed or Sakurai weighs in on series representation. Or until one of our characters gets Assist Trophied or something...

Edit: Oh, and

cityofgarbage

Smash Rookie
as minor of a role as skull kid played in twilight princess (and without majora's mask) i think his chances aren't look good. if he was going to make it, i'd say he'd have been in melee. regardless, i'd love to see him in.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea of the Skull Kid from Majora's mask being in brawl because even though he falls into the cliche of "GRRAARHH! I'M GONNA DESTROY THE WORLD!" I found him to be especially menacing with the mask, him transforming Link into a Shrub, and his majora's wrath form. (which, IMO, would make for a better FS than destroying the stage with the moon)

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea of the Skull Kid from Majora's mask being in brawl because even though he falls into the cliche of "GRRAARHH! I'M GONNA DESTROY THE WORLD!" I found him to be especially menacing with the mask, him transforming Link into a Shrub, and his majora's wrath form. (which, IMO, would make for a better FS than destroying the stage with the moon)
I think you're oversimplifying Skull Kid. He doesn't want to destroy the world for the sake of it. He's a thieving adolescent with abandonment issues being increasingly possessed by a demonic mask which feeds his depression to the point where he has become both suicidal and homicidal.

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
MM Skull Kid already has everything he needs to be in Brawl, whereas Midna and Vaati fans are still struggling to create a viable moveset, let alone a good reason to justify their inclusion.

Judging by my list, Skull Kid is already set for Brawl.

Moves: Flute darts, deku nuts, teleporting backflip, attacking fairies, Majora's Wrath transformation, and much more.

Design: Majora's Mask is an exotic piece of artwork, and Skull Kid himself has an interesting color scheme, making him a VERY distinct looking character. Oh, and that badass 3D fanart design made by Chris Graham is worth mentioning as well.

Final Smash: Summoning the moon is a very fitting final smash, and it would be absolutely stunning in Brawl even if Skull Kid was reduced to an AT.

Overdue Character: Although many argue that Skull Kid would've been included in Melee if he was going to be a playable character, you're probably right. Given signs of the Majora's Mask stage, it proves that they at least took the game into consideration. However, since Zelda and Ganondorf took priority over Skull Kid, who was most likely next in line at the time, including yet another Zelda rep into Melee would cause overpopulation for that particular franchise. Being next in line, Skull Kid should take priority over more recent characters such as Midna and Vaati who are already have representation in current games.

Unique Playstyle: There has yet to be a character that would play quite like Skull Kid would. The closest example I can think of would be Shiek, but even more annoying. Being a mischievous, deceiving character, I had always imagined that he would be quite fast and fight using projectiles and stunning moves while avoiding his opponent. These types of attacks would get aggravate his opponen, which would work toward his advantage in mind games. His fairies could also be an integral part of his playstyle, giving his attacks the feel of a disjointed hitbox when his faires launch out to attack without endangering Skull Kid himself.

History: While Skull Kid himself has played a role in multiple Zelda titles, he was deemed important enough to be given a major role as the main villain in Majora's Mask. If that's not significant enough, I don't know what is.

Interesting mechanics: Although this is an oversight by some, but Sakurai tends to pick characters who break from the normal type of fighter. This is why characters such as Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer appeal to him due to the mechanics of their playstyle. Taking this into consideration, I had designed a moveset that involved Skull Kid transforming into the all-powerful Majora's Wrath for a limited amount of time before it had to return to its host puppet body. If Sakurai was presented with this idea, without a doubt, he would find a place for Skull Kid in Brawl.

There is really nothing more Skull Kid needs to be included into Brawl's roster.

cecilbartz

Smash Cadet
MM Skull Kid already has everything he needs to be in Brawl, whereas Midna and Vaati fans are still struggling to create a viable moveset, let alone a good reason to justify their inclusion.
Too bad Midna and Vaati are more important than stupid Skull Kid... keep on waiting for a Skull Kid update it will NEVER happen!

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
Too bad Midna and Vaati are more important than stupid Skull Kid... keep on waiting for a Skull Kid update it will NEVER happen!
Just like how the Midna or Vaati update will never happen?

Good call. By the way, your post is worthless, and so are you.

Top Bottom