• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

vesperview

Smash Hero
And Vesper, is there some odd reason why you are an inbred moron?

I never said that the list is fact, or that Sakurai is going to follow it. I said that he has followed it. I assessed what the characters confirmed so far are, and stated that Midna's chances lowered because all the characters included got included for more important reasons, very few were in a position similar to Midna - this very few includes Sheik, who is in a different situation from Midna.
I love how you start to insult me everytime you can't find a good response to my posts.

Again, you stupid piece of ****, no matter how long you argue in this thread you will never prove how Skull Kid can or cannot get in, why? Because all of what your argument is, is a bunch of fan made rules regarding character inclusion, no wonder no one ever sides with you, so stop being an ******* and go to a thread where you can actually put up a good argument, because as I said, all you've been using is, "didn't happen then, won't happen now" stop changing your argument, you've been saying that they won't get in because of that, not that they are unlikely, idiot.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
That's why I said I find Masked Link unlikely; they're far more likely to throw in Wind Waker Link, and three Links is just ridiculous. I wasn't very clear on that; sorry, I'll be clearer this time. I think it's reasonable to expect one WW style character. Tingle can't qualify, he's an AT. So the only two real choices left are Vaati and WW link. Out of these two, I don't really care who makes it in. The other, fifth LoZ character will probably represent the N64 era. This is fitting because it is still widely regarded as Zelda's Golden Age. However, who else is left in this era? The three main characters, Link, Ganondorf and Zelda, all transfered over to Twilight Princess.

So this leaves, well... not many options, none from OoT that I can think of, so straight to Majora's Mask. Once again, Tingle was a huge possibility that just didn't make it. So, then? Happy Mask Salesman or Skull Kid. At this point, I have to say that unless they choose Vaati, the series has a tendance towards using good guys, making Skull Kid the natural pick. If they use Vaati, then you have a balance, and have to decide which one they'll use. I lean towards Skull Kid because I can't see Happy Mask Salesman playable, but that is my opinion, and is arguable.

Hey Vesper, you ever notice how you seem to black out and decide to ignore things that harm your argument?

I've already established that I never said Midna was out because of it. I've already established that I never said Sakurai would go the route he's gone with all characters.

But she may be out, and he may stay the course. That's the one and only point I ever made, but apparently, anything that may possibly hurt Midna's chances makes you go into a blind rage.

Just because I made a list of characters with factual assessments does not make it a "fan list". All of my assessments of all the characters are all true. Sakurai may or may not have included them for those reasons, but he likely did.

The only argument that exists is "Sakurai's done crazier things". I've never once ruled out any character save for Balloon Fight. That includes Skull Kid and Midna. Low likelihood does not mean impossibility. Hell, someone right above agreed that Skull Kid has low likelihood, and supports him anyway.

Skull Kid isn't old enough to be considered a classic, retro character. He was introduced in the sixth Zelda game, on the third Nintendo console, and one of the latest games on it - it didn't sell nearly as well as most Zelda games.

He falls right in between retro and current.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
" Would it be cool IF Skull Kid got in?"

Last time I checked this isn't the official Skull Kid,/Majora's Mask/pie topic. This is discusiing IF Skull Kid got in.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Hey Vesper, you ever notice how you seem to black out and decide to ignore things that harm your argument?
When have I blacked out? Whether or not you think Sheik destroys your argument or not, is clearly your opinion, everyone but you seems to agree on that whether she is a transformation or not and please, don't make me laugh, the only "proof" of your argument is whatever pattern you think the inclusion of characters follows and as I said previously, stop changing your argument, you clearly started this whole argument by saying that they wouldn't get in because they don't follow that pattern and don't make me quote that post to prove that.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
personally. i would hate for a ww link to be in.
i really didn't like that ww game. thats probably why.
and the only reason people think he is going to be in is becuase there was a young link in the other game.
as for vatti, i don't really know who he is.
so i don't really want um in.
that would be 5 zelda characters.
which is good.
i like the ones that would be in.
hopefully(minda, sk0
no duh(gdorf, zlda,link).
so well.seems fair
im not trying to start an arguement.
i never said i couldn't see them in
i just don't want too

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
personally. i would hate for a ww link to be in.
i really didn't like that ww game. thats probably why.
and the only reason people think he is going to be in is becuase there was a young link in the other game.
as for vatti, i don't really know who he is.
so i don't really want um in.
that would be 5 zelda characters.
which is good.
i like the ones that would be in.
hopefully(minda, sk0
no duh(gdorf, zlda,link).
so well.seems fair
im not trying to start an arguement.
i never said i couldn't see them in
i just don't want too
Sadly not only that but WW Link somehow got 3 votes in Sakurai's journal.
I agree with you most of that.
I wish 3 newcomers could get in besides WW Link because he will just take over as Young Link. When I say newcomers, I mean Midna, Skull Kid....Zant.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Oh my ****ing God, SHEIK IS A FEATURE OF ZELDA. She ****ing got in for being a well-known aspect of Zelda.

WILL SKULL KID BE A TRANSFORMATION CHARACTER? No. Stop bringing up a transformation character to argue that a non-transformation character should get in, for the love of God.

Oh, and did Skull Kid get any mentions in his journal? Probably not.

Is he the main character of any game ever made? No.

Is he the main villain of any game ever made? No.

Did he have more than one major role in any game ever made? No.

Geno is a main character in Super Mario RPG. Skull Kid has nothing "main" about him. He's not the main villain, hero, supporting character, sidekick, etc. He's a pawn of Majora.

Sheik is a major aspect of Zelda added to diversify Zelda. They had to reach so far as to give Zelda the Goddess moves, which she never used in her life as far as we can see.

And I did prove it. The fact that the pattern exists shows the existence of a pattern. No character got in "for no good reason" - this has never happened in the history of time. Midna is an irrelevance to this conversation. She actually COULD get in for being a main character in a recent game, and the game isn't so new as to make her inclusion unlikely because of their lack of preparation to include her. But Skull Kid wasn't the main villain, character, ANYTHING in Majora's Mask, and the game he appeared in definitely isn't recent.

Ha. That was a miserable excuse for a flame. That was all crap. Tell me this mr. omg-geno HOW THE HELL DID DR. MARIO GET IN MELEE? eh? DON`T friggin` diss this thread you freakin` geno fan boy. Midna is an IDEA Skull Kid is an IDEA! Go screw yourself. Go BACK to your geno thread and don`t ever flame with Your so called “logic” ever again.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Oh my ****ing God, SHEIK IS A FEATURE OF ZELDA. She ****ing got in for being a well-known aspect of Zelda.

WILL SKULL KID BE A TRANSFORMATION CHARACTER? No. Stop bringing up a transformation character to argue that a non-transformation character should get in, for the love of God.

Oh, and did Skull Kid get any mentions in his journal? Probably not.

Is he the main character of any game ever made? No.

Is he the main villain of any game ever made? No.

Did he have more than one major role in any game ever made? No.

Geno is a main character in Super Mario RPG. Skull Kid has nothing "main" about him. He's not the main villain, hero, supporting character, sidekick, etc. He's a pawn of Majora.

Sheik is a major aspect of Zelda added to diversify Zelda. They had to reach so far as to give Zelda the Goddess moves, which she never used in her life as far as we can see.

And I did prove it. The fact that the pattern exists shows the existence of a pattern. No character got in "for no good reason" - this has never happened in the history of time. Midna is an irrelevance to this conversation. She actually COULD get in for being a main character in a recent game, and the game isn't so new as to make her inclusion unlikely because of their lack of preparation to include her. But Skull Kid wasn't the main villain, character, ANYTHING in Majora's Mask, and the game he appeared in definitely isn't recent.
Dont forget that PT was also not on Sakurai's journal

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
also.
sakurai's journal was only an idea for characters that he and everyone could create and too see what was popular.

his staff also adds things in or gives him ideas.
so that list practically just an help. very little help for him.
since most of those characters or half im sure he said no too.
but this has nothing to do with skull kid.
but geno?
i dislike geno.
sorry :/

the thing i look for in characters
1. atractiveness/coolness looking, if i even like tem before i look at there info if i don't have any aspect on even wanting to like the character like um... ike, geno, black night, (sorry mad555 likes 2 in your sig i don't mean to offend you.)and some others i can't think of.
2. there moves
3. find info on them.
4. no/yes. easy as that. but some are 50/50 since minda is the least coolest/atractive looking person on my sig. as you can tell she seperates the coolness looking

But as you can tell all the ppls in my sig look amazing, all of them cept minda who has a slight execpetion. she seperates the perfect list. because she's the only zelda character other than horrible ww link and vatti

EDIT: nevermind about the minda thing, its maybe just cuz half of the picture is showing haha.

vesperview

Smash Hero
also.
sakurai's journal was only an idea for characters that he and everyone could create and too see what was popular.

his staff also adds things in or gives him ideas.
so that list practically just an help. very little help for him.
since most of those characters or half im sure he said no too.
but this has nothing to do with skull kid.
but geno?
i dislike geno.
sorry :/
Sorry but, what?

Geno and Ridley are the only two characters with more than three mentions awaiting confirmation and Young Link in his cell shaded look has a greater chance of being in than even Midna and two of the characters with three mentions are shoe-ins (Olimar and Krystal), you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Ha. That was a miserable excuse for a flame. That was all crap. Tell me this mr. omg-geno HOW THE HELL DID DR. MARIO GET IN MELEE? eh? DON`T friggin` diss this thread you freakin` geno fan boy. Midna is an IDEA Skull Kid is an IDEA! Go screw yourself. Go BACK to your geno thread and don`t ever flame with Your so called “logic” ever again.
Dr. Mario is the star of a long-running series of puzzle games.

Dont forget that PT was also not on Sakurai's journal
Being in the journal helps, but not being in doesn't hurt.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
Sorry but, what?

Geno and Ridley are the only two characters with more than three mentions awaiting confirmation and Young Link in his cell shaded look has a greater chance of being in than even Midna and two of the characters with three mentions are shoe-ins (Olimar and Krystal), you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
wo i never said anything bout ridley, and i do like olimar and krystal too, the only ones i said i didn't like were geno and ww link which i probably will like geno if he is in i just wll have to see how he is. so i don't really know why you mention all those others ones.

but as for know i dislike geno.
and have and will never like ww link.
unless he is in the game.
i don't dislike anyone thats in the game.
really i love um' all, rlly i do.
but some i might not like more than others.
but still i love um' all and the main thing that upsets me is where ww link is going to be :/
but i will still like him if he is in. though i don't want him in.
geeeeze.
people always make me like characters.
his hard for me not too.
your starting to make me like
geno and ww link.
its just that i want sk and minda in much more over him. (well minda..not as much but sk def.)

vesperview

Smash Hero
wo i never said anything bout ridley, and i do like olimar and krystal too, the only ones i said i didn't like were geno and ww link which i probably will like geno if he is in i just wll have to see how he is. so i don't really know why you mention all those others ones.

but as for know i dislike geno.
and have and will never like ww link.
unless he is in the game.
i don't dislike anyone thats in the game.
really i love um' all, rlly i do.
but some i might not like more than others.
but still i love um' all and the main thing that upsets me is where ww link is going to be :/
but i will still like him if he is in. though i don't want him in.
geeeeze.
people always make me like characters.
his hard for me not too.
your starting to make me like
geno and ww link.
its just that i want sk and minda in much more over him. (well minda..not as much but sk def.)
I brought those other characters up because you were saying that Sakurai merely follows the polls and that is just wrong and really how can you dislike a character unless he gets included? That makes no sense.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
Okay okay I'm not goin to read this entire discussion but here are some of my points:

1. we're talking about Zelda characters here not Geno, Ridley etc.

2. Midna can't return to the normal world because the mirror of twilight was broken and she was only in one game while Skull Kid was in four

3. Tingle is already deconfirmed because he's an AT (I don't have the proof for this but I heard it on a other thread).

4. Sheik is a transformation of Zelda that makes her/him(I don't know) a triforce holder and we can have some other zelda characters then triforce holders

5. WW Link haves a chance but he's a triforce holder and he has a akward art style.

6. I don't know a lot of Vaati because I didn't play a game where he was in.

7. I think the only choice left is Skull Kid it's a villain with enough moveset potential. Zelda can have another Rep. and Skull Kid was in four games

Futhermore I would like to say that we know Skull Kid hasn't got a high chance but he's got at least a chance.

EDIT: there could be some more content of MM because Melee already got a stage, some trophies and a event match. So why not a character?

DOUBLE EDIT: Skull kid was the main villain in MM. You could argue that it was the mask but we want Skull Kid with the mask so he's still the main villain

justified_lollolz

Smash Cadet
could everybody just shut up about geno and midna and skullkid's low chances? This is about how cool skull kid would be.
Sakurai said ; "Super Smash Bros. Brawl will let you enjoy a cast of dreamcharacters" or something like that. So I don't care if his chances are low, or that Midna is more deserving, this is about Skull Kid and I don't give a **** about the facts :)

Okay okay I'm not goin to read this entire discussion but here are some of my points:

1. we're talking about Zelda characters here not Geno, Ridley etc.

2. Midna can't return to the normal world because the mirror of twilight was broken and she was only in one game while Skull Kid was in four

3. Tingle is already deconfirmed because he's an AT (I don't have the proof for this but I heard it on a other thread).

4. Sheik is a transformation of Zelda that makes her/him(I don't know) a triforce holder and we can have some other zelda characters then triforce holders

5. WW Link haves a chance but he's a triforce holder and he has a akward art style.

6. I don't know a lot of Vaati because I didn't play a game where he was in.

7. I think the only choice left is Skull Kid it's a villain with enough moveset potential. Zelda can have another Rep. and Skull Kid was in four games

Futhermore I would like to say that we know Skull Kid hasn't got a high chance but he's got at least a chance.

EDIT: there could be some more content of MM because Melee already got a stage, some trophies and a event match. So why not a character?

DOUBLE EDIT: Skull kid was the main villain in MM. You could argue that it was the mask but we want Skull Kid with the mask so he's still the main villain
1. SSBB doesn't follow the rules of plot. These are not the characters, these are trophies based on them. So Midna doesn't have to be in her second form.

2. Being a Triforce holder takes second seat to being more important.

3. WW Link is the most common version of Link in the series' history, being a Triforce holder doesn't matter. Also, how is the style awkward? More than Game & Watch? And the fact of the matter is that it doesn't clash at all. They're both 3D - one is just much more cartoony.

4. Your lack of knowledge of Vaati doesn't eliminate him. He was in three games, and was a main villain (THE main villain in two of them).

5. Midna, Wind Waker Link, and Vaati all have a better chance, and have moveset potential.

6. Melee got MM representation because MM was still relevant. Skull Kid missed the boat.

justified_lollolz

Smash Cadet
Please, PLEASE stop arguing xD this thread has just calmed down from one discussion that lasted like four million pages. So just talk about how he would be....cool or not....**** off with other characters, they have other topics.

You can't use the phrasing of the thread to say that anyone who doesn't believe he has high chances can't participate in the discussion.

This is the official Skull Kid thread, it's designed the exact same way any other official thread is.

justified_lollolz

Smash Cadet
You can't use the phrasing of the thread to say that anyone who doesn't believe he has high chances can't participate in the discussion.

This is the official Skull Kid thread, it's designed the exact same way any other official thread is.
Ok, you can see his chances aren't high, but could you please stop nagging about little things? Just say: 'I don't really like him all that much, and I think other Zelda characters have higher chances'. END

Limit

Smash Apprentice
We will all see when it's released. There's no use arguing about it anymore, it only makes you look like an idiot. Speculation has reached the end of the line, so just give it a rest.

As for you, A Link to the Snitch, your opinions do not matter in this thread, not that they would matter anywhere else. As far as I've heard from the Midna thread, nobody cares what you have to say there either.

Other Skull Kid supporters have already spoken, but I'll have to re-clarify since you are obviously too ******** to comprehend what we've said, or the entire meaning of this thread. We know Skull Kid has very poor chances, and he probably won't make it anyways, but we still think he would make for a very cool character. Understand?

Your arguments are pointless here. We don't care what you think. In fact, nobody cares. You can try as much as you want to convince yourself that you construct "logical arguements" and you are a strong debater, despite the fact that you're not. Take your Wind Waker and Vaati garbage out of this thread, those two characters have laughable potential.

I'll say this, though. You can tear down Skull Kid as much as you'd like, but until you present to me a BETTER choice of character for a Zelda rep, don't waste your time. At the moment, they all standing on equal ground. The ONLY thing that will change this is when we see the offical final roster in its entirety, NOT YOU.

Ironic, Limit, that you who is so ******** would make accusations as such.

If you can't take any discussion that doesn't involve "OMG I LUV SKULL KID", please erase yourself from the face of the Earth. It's pathetic to see someone so defensive that they would get upset because someone made a comment that didn't slide with their opinions.

And since you obviously despise the three most likely reps for Brawl, it's impossible to present a "better" character. Wind Waker Link has dozens upon dozens of moves that he could use, and Vaati has his transformation and the many magic spells at his disposal, while Midna has many moves in her arsenal.

Grow up. They are not all standing on equal ground. Under your argument, Goomba is on equal ground to Luigi, because Sakurai could do it. But just because a possibility exists doesn't mean that it's equal to everyone else's.

justified_lollolz

Smash Cadet
Dude, stop existing out of total fail. After seeing some of your other comments, I conclude ; 'your a total ****'.
Have you ever said something positive to someone?
But anywayz, I'm not gonna argue with you anymore. Do as you please, be sure to post something offensive every ten minutes or your head will implode!!

Um, hello?

I'm sorry if I don't respond to an antagonistic post with friendliness.

My original post was just fine. I didn't insult anyone. It was the people on the OTHER side who got insulting with me. If you want to insult me, I want to insult you back.

Okay, so where do you discuss Skull Kid's inclusion or not?

No where?

This is the official thread. This is the only thread on the entire board for discussing his inclusion! Hell, threads about Skull Kid are closed because this one exists.

You can't use wordplay to exclude any discussion besides how awesome Skull Kid would be.

You may think that discussion of his likelihood is what derailed the thread, but I think that it's the trolling and flaming that came from your side that ruined it.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I don't understand why Midna is apparently more likely than Skull Kid.
In the last game the Zelda characters were based off the N64 Zelda titles.
I know TP is being repped a lot in this game but Skull Kid has been in four titles. Thats three more than Midna and one more than Vaati.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Sheesh, this is getting ridiculous. Whether SK is likely or not depends soley on the individual. If you believe that Sakurai is looking for original and fun characters with no regard to popularity and time then SK seems very likely but on the other hand if you believe Sakurai is going more along the route of who is popular then SK seems much less likely. We have absolutley no way to know for sure how Sakurai is choosing characters for this game so it's pointless to argue about it so much.

Just because someone has a different view point than you does not mean you should get angry and flame them. My Pico thread was destroyed thanks to people (including myself) getting angry from the other side not agreeing. If you dissagree with someone then calmly say why you dissagree, don't cuss them out and insult their intelligence.

Hopefully this didn't fall on deaf ears like most of the posts trying to stop arguments on this thread.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Well, at this point, it doesn't look like that's going to work, Numa Dude. Still I stand by my arguments, and will explain them again if someone really wants me to, but not in this thread. I'll take it through the PM system.

Also, A Link to the Snitch, whatever valid points your posts may hold are lost the minute you start spewing insults. Flaming will get you no where in an argument. This is meant to be offensive in any way, but someone needs to say it without insulting you in return.

Also, if anyone else wishes to continue flaming or insulting, or whatever you'd like to call it, we'll most likely ignore you.

Also, IlexMarth, it isn't what if, but rather 'how cool would it be if', which is a large difference. Neither really makes sense for a title, but we're discussing how could it would be if he got in. If you don't like him, say that. But we bypassed the point of whether he got in at all entirely just to avoid stuff like the recent arguments.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Well, at this point, it doesn't look like that's going to work, Numa Dude. Still I stand by my arguments, and will explain them again if someone really wants me to, but not in this thread. I'll take it through the PM system.

Also, A Link to the Snitch, whatever valid points your posts may hold are lost the minute you start spewing insults. Flaming will get you no where in an argument. This is meant to be offensive in any way, but someone needs to say it without insulting you in return.

Also, if anyone else wishes to continue flaming or insulting, or whatever you'd like to call it, we'll most likely ignore you.

Also, IlexMarth, it isn't what if, but rather 'how cool would it be if', which is a large difference. Neither really makes sense for a title, but we're discussing how could it would be if he got in. If you don't like him, say that. But we bypassed the point of whether he got in at all entirely just to avoid stuff like the recent arguments.
Ok i'm sorry about that. I don't hate Skull Kid, nor do I like him. Really I don't care if he gets in. I'll leave the topic just because. I'm sorry if I was offensive to any one in any way.

What in the holy Hell is wrong with you?

Let's look at the very first post that had insults in it.

"*sigh* So because we started to ignore A Link To The Snitch on the Midna thread, now he comes here to do the exact same ****? He's SO biased against one time Zelda characters, so Skull Kid fans, brace yourselves for a pointless discussion till the release date, truly pathetic."

So, give me one good reason why the very first person to throw out a single insult in this thread on this subject wasn't "scolded"? I'm basically being scolded for responding insultingly to someone who insulted me for no reason besides his need to troll. I was giving my argument rationally, calmly, and the only time this discussion degraded was when people started flaming and trolling, and the flaming and trolling DIDN'T start with me.

So pretty much, your post is completely worthless because you're putting the blame on the insults on me only because of my position. I did nothing to warrant being insulted, and the person I insulted was basically asking for it. Why don't you criticize the person why brought insults to the thread?

vesperview

Smash Hero
What in the holy Hell is wrong with you?

Let's look at the very first post that had insults in it.

"*sigh* So because we started to ignore A Link To The Snitch on the Midna thread, now he comes here to do the exact same ****? He's SO biased against one time Zelda characters, so Skull Kid fans, brace yourselves for a pointless discussion till the release date, truly pathetic."

So, give me one good reason why the very first person to throw out a single insult in this thread on this subject wasn't "scolded"? I'm basically being scolded for responding insultingly to someone who insulted me for no reason besides his need to troll. I was giving my argument rationally, calmly, and the only time this discussion degraded was when people started flaming and trolling, and the flaming and trolling DIDN'T start with me.

So pretty much, your post is completely worthless because you're putting the blame on the insults on me only because of my position. I did nothing to warrant being insulted, and the person I insulted was basically asking for it. Why don't you criticize the person why brought insults to the thread?
As if that post isn't true, since everyone decided to ignore you on the Midna thread now you go to the thread of the other one timer Zelda character to argue the same crap you argued in the other thread, so don't play victim, cause you're intentions are blatantly obvious.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
So instead of listening to me and calming down we continue to fight? Vesperview, you aren't helping. Your pissing this guy off more. ALTTS, if you aren't the one who started it be the better man and just stop this pointless crap.

Top Bottom