• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
Think about it. Link's greatest (or at the very least most under-rated) villain, in SSBB with his fellow Zelda characters Link, Gannondorf, and Zelda.

Since there is such an eerie style about him, Skull Kid should have an equally eerie Move Set.
I don't exactly know how that sould work though.

Any Skull Kid fans out there? Help me create a Move set for this great character.

I know crashing the moon onto the arena MUST be apart of it. After all, it's what Skull Kid does.

The colors dude, the colors!
im color blind, kid.

also this would be kickass in brawl

justified_lollolz

Smash Cadet
Move List

Well erhm... this is like my first move list ever, So uh...Say whatever you want

OK so I think Skull kid would be like a swift, hysterical version of Mewtwo. He would mix physical attacks with dark magic.Also, his moves will look really wacky. Oh, I almost forgot, he will be accompanied by Tatl and Tael.

I present, the MOVE LIST!

Basics

A- Straight forward smack in the face
AA-A followed by a kick powerd my dark magic
AAA- AA followed by a powerful uppercut with dark magic. This attack will knock the opponent back.
Up Tilt- Skull Kid makes a backflip and makes a fast kick in mid air.
Forward Tilt- Tatl and Tael make a quick 4 hit combo.
Down Tilt- Skull Kid grabs Tatl and Tael inserts dark magic in them, and releases them. they fall, but before they hit the ground, they fly up again
Dash Attack- Skull Kid flies to the opponent, while Tatl and Tael swirl around him in a spiral.

Smash Attacks
Forward Smash- Skull Kid does a Kamehameha-pose, and he creates a ball of dark magic.
Up Smash- Tatl and Tael will try to do a X-strike , but Skull Kid headbutts them and the opponent away.
Down Smash- Skull Kid jumps up, and comes down with a small blast.

Specials

B- Tatl and Tael start above Skull Kid's head and circle down. this wil protect him from projectiles, but it wil also knock back any opponents nearby.
Up B- Skull Kid jerks his mask and an immense amount of dark energy comes out of it. It will send the Skull kid of flying. You can slightly control the directions.
Down B- Transforms the opponent in front of you into a Deku Scrub for 6 seconds. This means the Deku Scrub can't do anything exept shooting Deku Nuts with B.
Side B- Skull Kid whacks Tatl and Tael away, turning them into superfast projectiles. When they hit a target, the explode, and then they'll fly back to you. Will they ever learn?

Jumps

Jump- The Skull Kid can jump incredibly high. When you do his double jump, he'll do a side flip. You can glide for 2 seconds.

Neutral Air- Skull Kid pivots while his arms are streched.
Up Air- Skull Kid rolls up and becomes a ball of energy.
Down Air - Skull Kid smashes your brains out with energy powered fists.
Forward Air- Tatl and Tael do a straight forward attack.
Backward Air- A dark energy clone of Skull Kid appears for a second and smacks anyone behind him down.

Final Smash
Yeah, bet you didn't see this one coming....

Moonfall

After you use your Smash Ball, the ****ING SCARY moon comes down, but it comes down reaaaally slow. So in the meantime, you can continue fighting. after 10 seconds or so, the moon begins to fall faster. In the very edges of the stages,you can see the four giants trying to stop the moon. But they will always be too late.The moon falls down, causing major destruction, a minimum 120% damage on everyone,even on Skull Kid himself, and the most badass Final Smash ever, exept for Wario's.

Taunts

Taunt 1 - plays Saria's song
Taunt 2 - slaps his butt

Grabs

Grab- freezes the opponent by looking evil at him.
Up Grab- Screams and the opponent flies off.
Down Grab- floors the opponent and dances on him.
Forward Grab- Does a headbutt powered by dark magic.
Backward Grab - Skull Kid teleports him to his back and Tatl and Tael dash at him.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
I made up a story for Skull Kid in the subspace emissary please don't flame me because you don't like it I tried my best: you see a primid making all the plans in a dark room when *insert villian here* goes into the room and gets his assignemt he must get Majora's mask to improve the ancient ministers plans blablabla *sse level with The mask salesman you know the guy at the beginning of MM forget his name:( as a boss* then you'll be again in the dark room Skull kid is inprisoned in a cell there's a stone table in the middle of the room and some weird lights. Some redeads come into the room and force Skull kid to lay on the stone table. They trap him with chains and stuff and then they start praying. the villian comes inside with Majora's mask. When Skull Kid sees the mask he screams in fear. The villian laughs at Skull kid and gives the mask to a redead. The redead puts the mask on Skull kid. Skull kid screams first but after some time he becomes unconsious. after a while again the mask floats upwards the villian and Skull kid with MM go out of the room starting their adventure

EDIT: great movesets you both

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
It is? They haven't been here recently, it's been mostly just talking about Skull Kid in Brawl, movesets and stages and such. Speaking of which...

What should his theme be? I'm thinking either Saria's Song or that creepy music it plays whenever he does something evil in Majora's Mask.

justified_lollolz

Smash Cadet
I made up a story for Skull Kid in the subspace emissary please don't flame me because you don't like it I tried my best: you see a primid making all the plans in a dark room when *insert villian here* goes into the room and gets his assignemt he must get Majora's mask to improve the ancient ministers plans blablabla *sse level with The mask salesman you know the guy at the beginning of MM forget his name:( as a boss* then you'll be again in the dark room Skull kid is inprisoned in a cell there's a stone table in the middle of the room and some weird lights. Some redeads come into the room and force Skull kid to lay on the stone table. They trap him with chains and stuff and then they start praying. the villian comes inside with Majora's mask. When Skull Kid sees the mask he screams in fear. The villian laughs at Skull kid and gives the mask to a redead. The redead puts the mask on Skull kid. Skull kid screams first but after some time he becomes unconsious. after a while again the mask floats upwards the villian and Skull kid with MM go out of the room starting their adventure

EDIT: great movesets you both
Wow! That's pretty uhm...evil. I think it would rather be like this:

We see Fox crashing next to the forest or something. the camera scrolls down and we see Skull Kid grabbing in the Emotional Mask salesman's bag. He sees Majoras Mask and he puts it on. He Cries in pain and rolls on the ground and stuff. Then he stands up, his back faced to Tatl and Tael. They quitly float to him, but he suddenly turns around in this pose

He grabs them, and flies trough the forest at uberspeed. He slams against Bowsers' back. bowser turns around and smiles. end of the intro:)

justified_lollolz

Smash Cadet
In this moveset, Majora’s Mask is actually the true power behind the character, and the Skull Kid acts only as a puppet. I made Skull Kid into a very VERY unique character with a dynamic playstyle.

At the start of the fight, you play as Skull Kid, who is weak and fragile, yet annoying and deceptive. However, Majora’s Mask begins to slowly glow over time, becoming a brighter and brighter yellow. When the mask is fully charged and ready to be released, the eyes on the mask will light up and the little tendrils along the sides will come alive and begin to wave up and down.

Your goal as Skull kid is to make use of avoidance and stunning moves to incapacitate your opponent until Majora is at full power. Once it has reached that point, activate Majora’s Mask by pressing Down+B. The Mask will detach itself from Skull Kid’s body, float up and sprout arms and legs, becoming an incarnation.
Good idea. But how will this work in 2 minute brawls?

No, but not having any hurts him pretty badly.

I mean, I find Midna unlikely because she only had one appearance and may not have any more thanks to the game bombing in Japan, but at least she's current, you know?

justified_lollolz

Smash Cadet
very, very true. But Skull Kid has far more moveset potential than Midna. Well, let's hope Sakurai hasn't become a slave of his fans :D

So Skull Kid, a character with no starring roles at all, is on the same level as a character who has TWO starring roles, was created by the creator of Metroid, and originates back in the days of the NES.

And Ice Climber was a launch game on the NES. One of Nintendo's earliest characters.

And ZSS is Samus without her suit! How does Skull Kid compare to that?

And Sheik is a disguise worn by Zelda.

How does a character controlled by an evil force in one game compare to two main characters and two transformations?

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Say that to Pit, Ice Climbers, Zero Suit Samus, and Shiek.
The last two are metamorphoses of characters that are quite important indeed, and the first two at least were the main character of their own game and considered "retro".

Skull Kid is a pawn of a >seven year old game, used by Majora. This game didn't even have any sequels.

Pit is the star of his own game, Ice Climber is the star of their own game and are one of the earliest Nintendo characters ever made, Zamus and Sheik are aspects of another character. Skull Kid is not a star of any game, Skull Kid is not current, Skull Kid is not retro. He's just a one-time character who was being used by Majora.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
Yes, but on some rating boards, Majora's Mask was considered one of the top ten best game of all time. Greater than Ocarina of Time, which surprised me. And who cares if that game didn't make any sequels? It was a sequel to Ocarina of Time. And being retro doesn't really matter either. Sakurai can be a really random guy.

vesperview

Smash Hero
*sigh* So because we started to ignore A Link To The Snitch on the Midna thread, now he comes here to do the exact same shit? He's SO biased against one time Zelda characters, so Skull Kid fans, brace yourselves for a pointless discussion till the release date, truly pathetic.

What's to discuss?

Arguments for:

N/A.

How are Midna and Skull Kid the same?

Skull Kid isn't even the main villain, he's the host body of Majora.

Skull Kid's a supporting character.

If Midna is comparable to Skull Kid, what does that make her?

Now, Vesperview, I know you like spewing quite possibly the most idiotic drivel mankind has ever seen on a regular basis, but could you take a break [to your computer]? I think humanity would enjoy not having their IQs systematically obliterated by your incompetent posts.

Anyway.

Skull Kid is not retro, nor is he current.

He wasn't the most important, or even as important as Link, Majora, or Tatl. Hell, Happy Mask Salesman competes with him in importance.

The fact remains that even if Skull Kid was the villain, people constantly seem to dump on villains other than Ganondorf - we don't need two villains [Vaati], only appeared in one game [Dethl], and wasn't the primary villain [Zant].

Skull Kid is outdated - he was relevant two generations ago, slightly so. He didn't get any revival in the following generation. If they're going to pick representatives for Zelda, why go with a dated villain [who wasn't even really the villain], over a recurring villain and main villain of a trilogy of spin-off games, the most recurring character in the series besides the main three, the focus of the story in the last console game, Young Link, etc.

There's simply many better choices.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Now, Vesperview, I know you like spewing quite possibly the most idiotic drivel mankind has ever seen on a regular basis, but could you take a break [to your computer]? I think humanity would enjoy not having their IQs systematically obliterated by your incompetent posts.
Don't be mad just because you can't prove your arguments, it's obvious that you're here because everyone started to ignore you on the Midna thread, loser!

Right - that would also explain why I'm in every other thread. I've been shunned by people whose arguments are based on their own incompetent theories that are built on their incompetent fandom.

I'm sure that the one and only one reason I'm in this thread is because I was ignored by people who ignore fact when debating.

Arguments don't need to be proven. There needs to be substance. I provided substance in my list of characters, and just because you decided to nitpick on it - "omg a transformation character got in even though she appeared in only one game, that means that Midna can get in as her own character and not as a transformation!" "omg just because Jigglypuff placed second on that poll doesn't mean that she's important. Also, that poll doesn't exist because you don't have proof of any random statement that might be stated." You failed to show that the list didn't have its merits, and you failed at showing that Midna was the main character (if it were true, you wouldn't fall back on "well she's still important to TP!".

The fact is that you failed, and instead of accepting it gracefully, you're trying to derail this thread by bringing an off topic debate.

Take your moronic bitterness and go talk about Midna, kthx. I'm not exactly perturbed by the fact that people who ignore facts when making an argument ignore me because I use facts.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Right - that would also explain why I'm in every other thread. I've been shunned by people whose arguments are based on their own incompetent theories that are built on their incompetent fandom.

I'm sure that the one and only one reason I'm in this thread is because I was ignored by people who ignore fact when debating.

Arguments don't need to be proven. There needs to be substance. I provided substance in my list of characters, and just because you decided to nitpick on it - "omg a transformation character got in even though she appeared in only one game, that means that Midna can get in as her own character and not as a transformation!" "omg just because Jigglypuff placed second on that poll doesn't mean that she's important. Also, that poll doesn't exist because you don't have proof of any random statement that might be stated." You failed to show that the list didn't have its merits, and you failed at showing that Midna was the main character (if it were true, you wouldn't fall back on "well she's still important to TP!".

The fact is that you failed, and instead of accepting it gracefully, you're trying to derail this thread by bringing an off topic debate.

Take your moronic bitterness and go talk about Midna, kthx. I'm not exactly perturbed by the fact that people who ignore facts when making an argument ignore me because I use facts.
Yeah, I fail, when you're the one who can't prove his little pattern argument despite arguing endlessly for almost three weeks.:rolleyes: Why don't you go to a thread where you can actually prove something instead of trying to make every single person on these boards try to fall for your crap? Yeah, Sakurai wouldn't add a non recurring character with one appearance, I guess Geno's 5 mentions on the poll don't mean anything, and why doesn't Sheik's inclusion apply at all to this argument? Yeah, because you don't want it to destroy you're little argument and I'm not derailing this thread at all, I'm just warning people of what a stupid monotonous argument they are putting themselves into by replying to your posts, which is, five people standing up for Skull Kid while you repeat yourself over and over again for a month, gotta love that.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
What's to discuss?

Arguments for:

N/A.

Pichu and Jiggs say hi.

Agree

Anyway.

Pit says hi

He wasn't the most important, or even as important as Link, Majora, or Tatl. Hell, Happy Mask Salesman competes with him in importance.
Agree

Agree
The fact remains that even if Skull Kid was the villain, people constantly seem to dump on villains other than Ganondorf - we don't need two villains [Vaati], only appeared in one game [Dethl], and wasn't the primary villain [Zant].
Agree
Skull Kid is outdated - he was relevant two generations ago, slightly so. He didn't get any revival in the following generation. If they're going to pick representatives for Zelda, why go with a dated villain [who wasn't even really the villain], over a recurring villain and main villain of a trilogy of spin-off games, the most recurring character in the series besides the main three, the focus of the story in the last console game, Young Link, etc.
Pit, Ness, ad IC say hi

I agree. Most of your arguements are correct while others just don't add up.

Oh my ****ing God, SHEIK IS A FEATURE OF ZELDA. She ****ing got in for being a well-known aspect of Zelda.

WILL SKULL KID BE A TRANSFORMATION CHARACTER? No. Stop bringing up a transformation character to argue that a non-transformation character should get in, for the love of God.

Oh, and did Skull Kid get any mentions in his journal? Probably not.

Is he the main character of any game ever made? No.

Is he the main villain of any game ever made? No.

Did he have more than one major role in any game ever made? No.

Geno is a main character in Super Mario RPG. Skull Kid has nothing "main" about him. He's not the main villain, hero, supporting character, sidekick, etc. He's a pawn of Majora.

Sheik is a major aspect of Zelda added to diversify Zelda. They had to reach so far as to give Zelda the Goddess moves, which she never used in her life as far as we can see.

And I did prove it. The fact that the pattern exists shows the existence of a pattern. No character got in "for no good reason" - this has never happened in the history of time. Midna is an irrelevance to this conversation. She actually COULD get in for being a main character in a recent game, and the game isn't so new as to make her inclusion unlikely because of their lack of preparation to include her. But Skull Kid wasn't the main villain, character, ANYTHING in Majora's Mask, and the game he appeared in definitely isn't recent.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
Dude.... you make up the crappiest excuses for people not to make it into Brawl...

What's to discuss?

Arguments for:

N/A.

How are Midna and Skull Kid the same?

They aren't! They could both make it in, for all I care! They were both the stars of two different games, so that raises their chances.

Skull Kid isn't even the main villain, he's the host body of Majora.

You're as stupid as I thought you were. We mean both of them combined. Do you see Skull Kid in Majora's Mask doing anything stupid? No. He can still have attacks from Majora.

So? Many PCs are.

Again, I don't need to answer this. They aren't comparable.

You're the **** doing that. Shut up and stop blaming other people for what you're doing. VesperView is a hell of a lot smarter than you are.

Anyway.

WHO ****ING CARES. Everyone loves to see their favorite characters playable. He can be in Brawl either way.

Dude... Who the hell... Link's playable. Majora, well, we're talking about him right now, idiot. Tatl has no chance, and it' like saying Navi should be in Brawl. Happy Mask Man.... OF COURSE, DIP****. He's one of the main characters along with Skull Kid/ Majora's Mask.

It doesn't really matter, does it? We see two villains from the Kirby franchise right now. Why not the Legend of Zelda, too?

Yeah, sure! Let's put in an Octorok as a PC! Oh, and maybe poison ivy! Who cares if he's outdated? Almost everything is outdated in Smash.

Oh, yeah, you showed some good examples, ******.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Well, how about this? We don't find Skull Kid very likely. He isn't really. I mean, what you say is true; he isn't really retro and he isn't really current, although he does have a minor role in the most recent console Zelda. I'm not going to bother arguing too much on his chances, because no, they aren't high. You clearly seem to think he's unlikely, but I think we can all accept that his chances are pretty bad. That is not why we all came into this thread though.

We came into this thread because we would love to have him in Brawl, and think he is an incredible character. Personally, he's my all-time favourite character, and if I could axe five other characters for just him, I'd axe them in a heartbeat, no matter who they were. Yeah, they can be the rest of my top five most wanted (Geno, Ridley, Captain Olimar, GaW, and Young Link in any form), I'll still put him in. As I said in another thread, I'd axe the entire adventure mode for him. I want him in Brawl. That doesn't mean he will get in, just that we came here to discuss what he would be like if he did/does. If you don't really want to talk about that, and just want to say he won't be in, then don't be surprised if you tick some people off. I'll defend why he could be in.

Why could he be in? Well, he would make an interesting WTF? Character, to a certain extent. He's one of the more re-occuring Zelda characters, and represents the N64 era of Zelda, which seems to be losing representation quickly, especially Majora's Mask, which is considered one of the best Zelda games there is. He's could also have a unique moveset fairly easily, and theoretically take Sheik's moveset if she's not in, as he uses darts (needles), Vanish, and it's been suggested that he could use Majora's Wrath's Tendrils. Finally, he obviously has support in fans, because there aren't many threads where someone made a model for the character and then several re-colours. It may not be as obvious as the Club R.I.D.L.E.Y. Supporters, but he has his base of support.

Finally, well... for Zelda? Zelda is as big as Mario, and deserves a fair amount of rep. Considering people think he'll get another rep, and a replacement for Dr. Mario, that means 6. Count'em, six. Zelda could have five, easy, not counting Sheik. So, Zelda, Link, and Ganondorf... that's still two characters. Enough room for a representative from the WW series (Vaati or WW link) and then another rep from Zelda's main series... Midna or Skull Kid? Tingle is out (thank god), so I'll focus on Midna and Skull Kid.

The thing is, Twilight princess has a lot of representation already. Link uses TP gear, Zelda looks TPish, and Ganondorf will no doubt use his TP form. So the rest of Zelda is being sadly neglected. I don't think we'll get anyone from before Ocarina of Time, sadly enough, and all the important characters from Ocarina of Time were re-incarnated. So, Majora's Mask? Well, Link at this point may have been re-incarnated twice, so unless they use Vaati and then decide to put Masked Link in the game (I doubt this happening) the only other real option is...? Skull Kid. And, as I've mentioned, he appears in three games, which is one of the highest count of a non Tri-force holder re-occurring character. Certainly not bad odds.

vesperview

Smash Hero
And I did prove it. The fact that the pattern exists shows the existence of a pattern. No character got in "for no good reason" - this has never happened in the history of time.
Because God forbid Sakurai broke that "pattern".:rolleyes:

The fact of the matter is, that you haven't proven anything, in no way has this "pattern" been stated as a law in terms of character inclusion, while it's true that the fact that Skull Kid and the Mask are not currently relevant to the Zelda series does decrease his chances, in no way does that mean that Sakurai couldn't add Skull Kid if he pleased and I think all of us would appreciate if you stopped using your self-created rules as facts as to why a character can or cannot get in, kthx!

If they're a supporting character, they're also a significant supporting character throughout their respective series' history.

Jigglypuff, Luigi, etc.

Also, it's weird, see, based on intelligence, I'm a wee[ay] bit smarter than Vesper. See, I actually provide logical arguments based on actuality.

And why should he get in over Vaati?

Vaati actually deserves a spot on the roster more so. The only recurring villain in the series' history besides Ganondorf, and at the very least one of the main villain in every game he appears in.

And almost everything is outdated?

Link - Not.
Mario - Not.
Pikachu - Not.
Pokémon Trainer - Not.
Princess Zelda - Not.
Pit - Old, but not outdated. He's retro.
Ice Climbers - Old, but not outdated, and in for the noteworthiness of themselves (being one of the earliest Nintendo characters).
Samus - Not.
Kirby - Not.
Meta Knight - Not.
King Dedede - Not.
Snake - Not.
Sonic - Not.
Donkey Kong - Not.
Diddy Kong - Not.
Fox McCloud - Not.
Lucas - Not.
Ike - Not.

How are most characters in Brawl outdated?

Also, Young Link, Vaati, and Midna are not better choices than Skull Kid?

And Vesper, is there some odd reason why you are an inbred moron?

I never said that the list is fact, or that Sakurai is going to follow it. I said that he has followed it. I assessed what the characters confirmed so far are, and stated that Midna's chances lowered because all the characters included got included for more important reasons, very few were in a position similar to Midna - this very few includes Sheik, who is in a different situation from Midna.

And on the point of you finding him unlikely, I find that irrelevant. Clearly, not all people feel that he's unlikely, so that opens up a good discussion. However, in your mention on "too much TP representation", you really overlook Wind Waker, who would get in long before Mask Link would. There are several possible reps, including Midna, Young Link (WW), and Vaati, all of which have better chances. If Sakurai added Ganondorf, Midna, Young Link, Vaati, and Skull Kid, that would be way too much Zelda overkill. IMO, five reps seems like a good enough number.

Top Bottom