• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

Limit

Smash Apprentice
I will make a moveset soon if you would like.

However, as trivial as it seems, I feel it is more important to me to debate this argument because people have this misconception that Skull Kid is a worthless and irrelevant character when the truth is, his existence is only overshadowed.

I strongly believe that if he were to get in Brawl, a lot of these misunderstandings would clear up and they would realize that he really is a worthy addition and an all-around great character, inside and out.

It pains me to think that another misjudged "more popular" character will get the spot over him, and his potential will be wasted and he will continually be forgotten. I know the difference between a truly worthless character and one who is not. Skull Kid is not a worthless character by any means.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I will make a moveset soon if you would like.

However, as trivial as it seems, I feel it is more important to me to debate this argument because people have this misconception that Skull Kid is a worthless and irrelevant character when the truth is, his existence is only overshadowed.

I strongly believe that if he were to get in Brawl, a lot of these misunderstandings would clear up and they would realize that he really is a worthy addition and an all-around great character, inside and out.

It pains me to think that another misjudged "more popular" character will get the spot over him, and his potential will be wasted and he will continually be forgotten. I know the difference between a truly worthless character and one who is not. Skull Kid is not a worthless character by any means.
Indeed. You just keep on keepin' on, brotha. I enjoy reading you two's arguements. xD

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
you know what would be a great alt? a silver golden costume or a costume with brown dark and white colors. If he's in his SSE role would be very interesting would he have the mask in the beginning or do you have to do something without his mask to obtain it?

EDIT: somewhere on this thread there was a great photoshopped pic on of the best I've ever seen

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
I just think Skullkid would be a fun addition to Brawl.

I'm sure if is a playable, the developers and Skurai will make sure he has a proper moveset that of which they can make up.

People want him in because he's been a funny character, and we assume that if made playable he'll be humorous to play with. That's why its fun to play as game and watch in melee or fun to play with the drunken guy in doa3. They are fun to fight with!

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
you know what would be a great alt? a silver golden costume or a costume with brown dark and white colors. If he's in his SSE role would be very interesting would he have the mask in the beginning or do you have to do something without his mask to obtain it?

Involvement with him in SSE would be pretty nice. Nay, it would be awesome. Like starting out as a boss character and then unlocked after beating him.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I just think Skullkid would be a fun addition to Brawl.

I'm sure if is a playable, the developers and Skurai will make sure he has a proper moveset that of which they can make up.

People want him in because he's been a funny character, and we assume that if made playable he'll be humorous to play with. That's why its fun to play as game and watch in melee or fun to play with the drunken guy in doa3. They are fun to fight with!
Exactly! That's why I love Luigi, and that is why people will love King Dedede and Diddy Kong.

One of his taunts would be him spanking his butt like on Majora's Mask. xD

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
Exactly! That's why I love Luigi, and that is why people will love King Dedede and Diddy Kong.

One of his taunts would be him spanking his butt like on Majora's Mask. xD
Jeah that would be great everybody knows his moon falling thing has to be a part of it maby he could curse some characters and make them slower his fairies could help him and did he play a flute in oot? he could maby as a down b call the puppets of TP this one needs a lot of charging and didn't he attack you in oot when you were a adult that could be a part of it to he would be able to glide to and maby just float as his up b the other masks could be part of his movesets to (I mean the boss masks not the deku goran or zora mask

EDIT: as a sse part I think it's best that you see a scene with a scared looking skull kid that get's dragged by his evil partner later in the game to some kind of ritual chamber then you see all redeads or something just some cult type and they put majora's mask on him after some weird magic and a panicking skull kid skull kid faints and after 3 secs he floats to the ceiling and looks quistionable to his evil partner then you'll see them walking out of the chamber with some evil laughs that's where they're adventures begin

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Jeah that would be great everybody knows his moon falling thing has to be a part of it maby he could curse some characters and make them slower his fairies could help him and did he play a flute in oot? he could maby as a down b call the puppets of TP this one needs a lot of charging and didn't he attack you in oot when you were a adult that could be a part of it to
Yes, I believe he was the one playing the flute in OoT. That could be a good taunt too.

And I don't see what the problem would be mixing in things from all the games to use for his moves. So yeah, those could work.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
EDIT: as a sse part I think it's best that you see a scene with a scared looking skull kid that get's dragged by his evil partner later in the game to some kind of ritual chamber then you see all redeads or something just some cult type and they put majora's mask on him after some weird magic and a panicking skull kid skull kid faints and after 3 secs he floats to the ceiling and looks quistionable to his evil partner then you'll see them walking out of the chamber with some evil laughs that's where they're adventures begin

xD That may be a little extreme, but would be an interesting start for his adventure.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I edited my post above you and here's a very good photoshopped pic of skull kid http://www.chrisgrahamart.com/gameart.html
That's a render, not a photoshop. He actually modeled and textured that. He even stopped by and posted his work in this thread some time ago.

...please even the special moves and Link's character profile update say he is based on TP, I'm not reading too much into it since it is clearly stated there, you have to be a complete fool to think he isn't representing TP.
"The design for Link is taken from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess." It does not say that he's representing TP. The design team just gave him an updated, consistent character design. If they wanted Link to represent TP and TP only, they wouldn't have given him variants of the same weapons that he has in all his games (boomarang, bow and arrow, bomb, hook/long/clawshot). If Link didn't have a hook/long/clawshot in TP, he would probably still use the hookshot like in Melee.

vesperview

Smash Hero
If Link didn't have a hook/long/clawshot in TP, he would probably still use the hookshot like in Melee.
Your point? He's completely based on TP, therefore he represents TP, I don't see a Gale Boomerang in OoT or in A Link To The Past, let alone a Clawshot, stop saying he isn't representing TP, only because they are just variants, it doesn't matter, he IS TP Link, stop arguing that only because you don't want to accept it.

NotaModerator

Smash Apprentice
Wayne, New Jersey(god its boring here...)
Your point? He's completely based on TP, therefore he represents TP, I don't see a Gale Boomerang in OoT or in A Link To The Past, let alone a Clawshot, stop saying he isn't representing TP, only because they are just variants, it doesn't matter, he IS TP Link, stop arguing that only because you don't want to accept it.
He does represent TP, but that doesn't stop Skull Kid from getting in. not all of the zelda characters have to represent TP.

Camalach

Smash Apprentice
(sigh) Who cares who has a higher chance this is about wanting a character to get in. Skull Kid has a lower chance than Midna its a fact. But the people here (including me) Support Skull Kid and you not gonna change that Vesper so stop trying.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
I am now imagining a scarlet-red/purple Skull Kid.

And now a gold/silver Skull Kid.

It's such a cool idea that it makes me want to draw him those colours... If only I wasn't terrible at drawing.
Here ya go. I'm no artist or anything...I'm a programmer myself haha.

Note: this is a recolor of Chris Graham's artwork.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Jeah that would be great everybody knows his moon falling thing has to be a part of it maby he could curse some characters and make them slower his fairies could help him and did he play a flute in oot? he could maby as a down b call the puppets of TP this one needs a lot of charging and didn't he attack you in oot when you were a adult that could be a part of it to he would be able to glide to and maby just float as his up b the other masks could be part of his movesets to (I mean the boss masks not the deku goran or zora mask

could you add some periods please? this was difficult to follow.
what vesper said about the Tp thing, so far all of the zelda characters we have gotten have their TP setup. so it is to be expected any others that get in will to.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
Skull Kid should be the name, considering the fact that if the name was Majora's Mask, people would think you could be a flying purple mask. Skull Kid should be his name.

I would freak out if he was in Brawl, mostly because his FS would be awesome, bringing down the cool looking moon and all that stuff. But his moveset is quite hard to picture, since he only had a major role in one game.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Skull Kid should be the name, considering the fact that if the name was Majora's Mask, people would think you could be a flying purple mask. Skull Kid should be his name.

I would freak out if he was in Brawl, mostly because his FS would be awesome, bringing down the cool looking moon and all that stuff. But his moveset is quite hard to picture, since he only had a major role in one game.
I have nothing against Skull Kid, and at one point wanted him in as a PC. However, now that I think about it, he may be better off as an AT who brings the moon down onto the stage, since that is the one thing everyone wants him to do.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Here ya go. I'm no artist or anything...I'm a programmer myself haha.

Note: this is a recolor of Chris Graham's artwork.

Those are freaking amazing... If they were used, I'd use Gold/White Skull Kid over the normal colour because it looks so good.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
More just because people asked...

Green & White:

Blue & Yellow:

SmashMac

Smash Lord
This would be amazing. The Skull Kid has to be in Brawl (Majora Kid). The Majora Kid in Brawl would be broken.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I dreamt an update for this week's Friday... the second part was in-game combat, with this comment of "why do the shadows look more defined? A brighter sun, or... a trick by Skull Kid?" And then there was like a video clip instead of a screenshot of a glimpse of Skull Kid... but not confirming whether he was playable or not...

Not really much contribution there, but I figured I'd mention this before I forget about it, and also because I saw the thread and remembered it.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Well, in regards to his chances, I think they're actually okay. Melee had 4 LoZ characters, and if the roster is basically doubled (which is what seems to be happening) , there should be at least 5 LoZ characters, with 6 being a distinct possibility. After all, Zelda might be Nintendo's biggest franchise. Anyway, lets assume Toon Link replaces Young Link. This seems likely because he represents a huge part of an unrepresented zelda universe (and having 3 Links would be a little too much).

Well that still leaves 1 to 2 spots. And, in my opinion, there are really only 3 possibilities: Skull Kid, Vaati, and Midna. So I think at least one of these will make it on the esteemed list of playable characters.

Skull Kid is a fan favorite, and I do think he is more well known than Vaati. But he is kind of out dated.

Midna is a female, which will help. And she could have unique moves. However, all the other LoZ characters are from Twilight Princess (TP themed), so I'm not sure if that helps or hurts her chances.

Vaati is more relevant (time wise) than Skull Kid, but his human form has only appeared in one game, and it was a gameboy game on top of that.

From here, I'm not sure who is logically the best choice, although I'd obviously choose Skull Kid hands down.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Skullkids in Orcarina of time could shoot little darts from blow-pipes. That could be a B move, similar to Shieks.

His final smash would have to be bringing down the moon. Hands down. He would be a floating character, as he floating alot in Majoras mask. 3 jumps maybe.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Skull Kid, why don't you post the pictures of skull kid and the re-colors as well as some move-sets on the first post?

Also, the Black/Gold skull kid made me want to dance with happiness... It was so cool.

Top Bottom