• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can you tell that you're not meant to play competitive smash?

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
spirits,
HP mode
the amount of characters,
Smash Meter and Final Smash
we keep getting non-fun characters,
some OP and others more useless items,
some characters ( mostly heavies ) are hot trash,
people wanting characters they will not actually main,
a lot of trash level designs for casual and competitive,
Default settings being items on w/ Final Smash Meter On,
several characters needing a move-set upgrade never got one,
Only the Miis having a change-able move-set which is really bad,

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Well, if you're talking just competitive Smash specifically then it would probably come down to whether the mechanics specific to competitive Smash bug you enough. If you don't like the percentages and blast zones, the dodge rolls, shield mechanics, and/or greater freedom of movement. I guess if you prefer the style and restrictiveness of traditional fighting games much more. Though I think there's a Smash game for just about anyone, so it could just come down to not liking the individual Smash game.

If you're talking about competition on the whole then I think it just comes down to whether you enjoy it or not. I think anyone can become decent at competition and it's more how high you can climb where nebulous concepts like talent might come into play. If you have the desire to be competitive and are just struggling to become good at it, you might simply just need to understand where you're going wrong and go about fixing that. Developing a skill doesn't just take time and effort, but also requires planning and understanding what it is you need to do.

Really, I think it just comes down to whether you inherently enjoy it or not.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If you have to frequently pause the game to anticipate enemy attacks, that's probably a good sign that you're not going to get far in the competitive scene.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
If you break **** when you lose. No matter how good you are if you don't realize its just a game...

Dukefire

Smash Master
Rage quit if you are getting dominated with no comeback solutions and due to lack of mental fortitude from lack of sleep, experience gap on practice and/or frustration.

Top Bottom