• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how can i train?

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
I have nobody near me that i can play with. (monmouth county NJ)

Parents hate taking me to tourneys, especially since they are all far away (they call it a "stupid worthless game")

No online friends to play with

REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY slow wifi

So far ive been playing vs a lvl 9 luigi, but i just read that it kills your game. What should i do?

any tips are appreciated, thx!

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
You're jacked up bro.

Here's what ya gotta do, see? Get your parents to have sex, see? Then wait about 7 years then there ya go.

See where I'm gettin' at? Or...you could just fix your router or buy new hardware. That'll only take ya a day or two.:sonic:

Edit: Here's something that's even better: Get a driver's license...

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
my parents are 57+, i dont think thats possible

one more thing

I have a brother that wants to play with me, but he has downsyndrome and cannot grasp alot of concepts, like edgeguarding, teching, mindgames, punishing, not alot of fine motor skills to DACUS or SH, and in general sucks... any way i can train with him?

also, whats wrong with my router, its a good linksys....

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I have a brother that wants to play with me, but he has downsyndrome and cannot grasp alot of concepts, like edgeguarding, teching, mindgames, punishing, not alot of fine motor skills to DACUS or SH, and in general sucks... any way i can train with him?
Take away a chromosome?

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
You said you have very slow wifi, yes? Maybe the router isn't the problem...

Not sure what you can do here. Sorry. Maybe you can practice predictions, like he attacks at you, then after a while you get experience in noticing patterns and/or strategies that you can counter.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
1: Fix your internet connection somehow so you can play online.
2: Wait until you can drive to tourneys.

Anything other then that is probably pointless. Even if you play against a computer, what would you be playing for? It's not like you can know that you're doing well, seeing as you have no competitive human to compare yourself to.

If you're somewhat close to getting a drivers license, I'd just read up a lot and put CPUs/you in situations etc. It's not practice if you're not aiming towards something.

And I doubt you can train your brother to play.

Kantō

Smash Champion
find people to bring into the game. who got you into smash?
im sure you can find people in your school/out of school activities that either play smash or just play other games. try to reach out and make a smash community in your area.

Ryne

Smash Cadet
Start a gaming club at your school. I did this and I learned that most kids love playing Video games, one of them being Brawl. So yeah, I got a couple Brawl buddies, which is nice. The other thing you can do is get a license and a car. A job helps as well.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
ok, im 15, job BLAUGHGHGFDADFAFSDFSAJHFSAD NO WAY

i got myself into smash.

Occasionally, like once every 2 or 3 months, we are allowed to have a "game day" where we can play video games in school, and last weekwas the first one, i brought in brawl, and found out that there are 2 kids in my class that like it. however, both live an hour away (private school) also, they play for fun and arent too serious (lucas and peach mains). they dont even have wifi. again, hard to go since parents hate giving rides.

also, since i go to a private school, to make a club i would have to get a ride to my district school after hours, then go through the bueracratic hell of getting a club made at a school i dont even attend (i just do to band and chess club after school)

no kids live in my neighborhood

anything will help, i love said ideas

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
They might not listen to you. They might call it a "baby game" since it has no blood and cartoonish caracters (compared to COD4 or w.e. they play they can call any game a baby game) considering that most ppl critic games after graphics.

@hyperhopper
You can go by foot, stay for the weekend, etc.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
I have all of your same problems, with the exception of the disabled brother. My brother is perfectly fine, but hates Brawl. He only plays CODMW2. I mean, I can see why, but why not play both?

Reapereater

Smash Cadet
hmmmm.. I live in new jersey too. In middlesex county tho. If what everyone says is true, you'd be close enough to do wifi battles. I'm a serious gamer, tho i have the same problem as you except slow wifi , i have no one in real life that also plays serious. If you make a club i'd join since i'd like to add gaming into my after school life. I might not be good as you like i can vs a lvl 7 computer and lvl 8 when im mad. Give me a friend code or something and we can play. Problem is i'm too young to meet you or anything. I beat a couple 20 yr olds at brawl before but not serious. If you have no one else to play with try giving your parents a try at brawl?

Top Bottom