• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Can I Record High Quality Matches?

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
My friend said you need something called GamerBridge, but i dont know what that is. I usually put a camera infront of my TV to record melee matches. But i want to start recording some HIGH QUALITY matches when i get brawl on March 9th. So if anyone can give me information on recording high quality, it would be nice.

Thank you

P.S
Links to what I need would be helpful as well.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Here's what I do:

Plug in GCN composite cables into a VCR, then the VCR composite cables into the TV.
Record the gameplay to a tape.
When you are done recording, plug the VCR cables into something connected to your computer. You probably need to buy something to let you do this.
Open up a capturing program and just capture the footage and encode it, which should be easy to figure out. Windows Movie Maker gets the job done.

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Your friend is talking about the Adaptec Gamebridge 1400. I have one of these. It lets me play any console with my computer monitor. Not only can you play, but you can also record your gameplay. It's connected via USB to Gamebridge to your inputs. It's great if you don't have a tv. BUT, the quality of the games is lessened, unless you have some top notch graphics card. You won't get HQ material from it, but it saves you the hassle of connecting a VCR to your TV, or buying a capture card.

Here are some reviews.
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3535
http://xbox.about.com/od/xboxaccessories/fr/gamebridgerev.htm
www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Y7MVmzH6Q

If you're thinking about purchasing one, buy it off eBay. The product is discontinued and online stores such as amazon charge too much for one.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Behold - the solution to our problems!! I discovered this device, the "Sabrent USB 2.0 TV Tuner/Video Capture Box," that has AV Video input, and is a simple enough USB device, and pretty cheap.

*rushes out to buy one*

*apologies for any advertising rule broken*

Son Saku

Smash Apprentice
Behold - the solution to our problems!! I discovered this device, the "Sabrent USB 2.0 TV Tuner/Video Capture Box," that has AV Video input, and is a simple enough USB device, and pretty cheap.

*rushes out to buy one*

*apologies for any advertising rule broken*
My friend, does this thing helps us transferring our photos and videos from Brawl to PC?

Ichida

Smash Ace
My friend, does this thing helps us transferring our photos and videos from Brawl to PC?
Basically what it and other devices like it do is hook up the TV or any AV device to the PC via USB, and using its software, you're pretty much playing the console on the PC, and you can use the software to record screens and clips.

EDIT: I looked up that GameBridge thing and it certainly seems like a better solution. I'll pick up one of those instead. My bad. XD

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I've been looking into USB Capture Cards myself and this GameBridge seems very nice. I think I may buy it :O

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
My brother got called this thing called the Dazzle DVC 80 that plugs into your TV and Computer and captures video, it has other uses as well. It works quite well. Before you buy things online make sure to search for free promotional codes on google or s/t.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Your friend is talking about the Adaptec Gamebridge 1400. I have one of these. It lets me play any console with my computer monitor. Not only can you play, but you can also record your gameplay. It's connected via USB to Gamebridge to your inputs. It's great if you don't have a tv. BUT, the quality of the games is lessened, unless you have some top notch graphics card. You won't get HQ material from it, but it saves you the hassle of connecting a VCR to your TV, or buying a capture card.

Here are some reviews.
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3535
http://xbox.about.com/od/xboxaccessories/fr/gamebridgerev.htm
www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Y7MVmzH6Q

If you're thinking about purchasing one, buy it off eBay. The product is discontinued and online stores such as amazon charge too much for one.
thank you so much! :)

Metalknux

Smash Ace
Note: DO NOT BUY A GAMEBRIDGE IF YOU USE VISTA. IT'S NOT COMPATIBLE. I got a Dazzle DVC 100 instead. Records very high quality. My only problem is trying to make my vids not look like crap once I upload them to youtube.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
what I'm looking for in particular is a recording device that can record AV signals. I've been doing a little research, and have seen that some high-end camcorders have HDMI plugs. Are these HDMI plugs for output only? or can they also receive input and record? If they can, then its just a simple matter of getting a a set of RCA splitters and and RCA-HDMI cable.

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Note: DO NOT BUY A GAMEBRIDGE IF YOU USE VISTA. IT'S NOT COMPATIBLE. I got a Dazzle DVC 100 instead. Records very high quality. My only problem is trying to make my vids not look like crap once I upload them to youtube.
Not compatible? I have Vista and it runs fine. You just have to tweak the installation a bit. Don't assume. Watch this video. It shows how to make it work. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zJd_lvEWCs8

Ichida

Smash Ace
I just eBay'd a GameBridge. I should have it well before Brawl comes out. Yatta!~

Metalknux said:
Note: DO NOT BUY A GAMEBRIDGE IF YOU USE VISTA. IT'S NOT COMPATIBLE.

SON OF A -

Evelgest said:
Not compatible? I have Vista and it runs fine. You just have to tweak the installation a bit. Don't assume. Watch this video. It shows how to make it work. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zJd_lvEWCs8
...phew. Thanks for this. :)

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
I was looking at that 'Adaptec Gamebridge' mentioned earlier as it interested me because I too need to record some things BUT after reading some reviews and things I found out it doesn't support PAL 60hz.
(Pal 50hz, PAL 60hz and NTSC 60hz are all different).

Just out of interest, is there a way around this? If not what do you think the chances of Brawl supporting PAL 50hz when it comes to Europe are? (I just checked all my current Wii games support PAL 50hz and PAL 60) I am just worried because it might not support both, like most 360 games, it could force it into PAL 60hz. (Being the first wii dual layer DVD game I dont know if this makes a difference)

If anyone knows anything just reply to this.

Redoxlp

Smash Rookie
Does the game lag when you play via USB card capture?

I have been thinking about buying that Black Magic Card Capture for $300.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
http://www.kworld.com.tw/product_overview.aspx?P_ID=241

K-World USB 2.0
Costs like $20-40

Plug in your composite cables into the jacks, plug the USB port in your PC. Capture the video instantly. Got it at CompUSA.

Simple as that.

If you want to go all out and buy an HD capture card, however, that captures up to 1080p HDMI signals, get the BlackMagic card for $300.

I have been thinking about buying that Black Magic Card Capture for $300.
DEFINITELY get it if you can.
It's one of the only cards available that provide up to full 1080p HDMI or Component video capture on your PC.

Does the game lag when you play via USB card capture?
Well first of all, the BlackMagic card is NOT USB, it's an actual card you put in your PCI-E port in your PC.
With the BlackMagic card, no there's usually no lag, unless your computer isn't powerful enough.
I suggest not capturing video game gameplay at 720p/1080p unless you have a fast CPU/RAM/GPU, (I'd say 3.0GHZ Dual-Core CPU or better, 2GB of RAM or better, and a 128mb GPU or better) otherwise your computer will freeze as it tries to compress and capture the video.

As for the K-World USB 2.0 and probably other USB capture devices. No, there's no lag, unless you try to capture at a quality higher than your computer can handle normally.

They are $150 at Best Buy, and records up to 10000 Kb/s
Waste of money. If I'm not mistaken, the kbps rate doesn't determine the actual pixel quality or anything, and most full-length movies don't even need to be captured at a kbps quality higher than 2-5,000kbps.

Tough I have to admit it's one of the best youtube record I have ever seen.
Quality of a YouTube video has to do with what settings the user compress and rendered his video at.

Does the KWorld USB 2.0 record audio?
Of course,, there's a black plug hanging from the device where you insert Left and Right audio (the red and white cables).

My only problem is trying to make my vids not look like crap once I upload them to youtube.
Good settings for YouTube:
Save at about:
1000kbps
320x240
VBR at about 90% 44hz (if not, 128kbps shoudl be good)
30fps.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Yeah. I used it.
I used to capture the videos for KHInsider's KH2FM+ section.
Works pretty well.

Top Bottom