• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How bad is Smash Ultimate's fanbase (or at least compared to Melee)?

How bad is Smash's fanbase

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RainWave

Smash Rookie
Four or five years ago, I thought the Smash community was actually pretty cool. A nice place of cool gamer bros training hard for tournaments and stuff, building up the "cool gamer hype" over everything, and making a few memes about it. But as I kinda got back into Smash after Ultimate came out, I realized the fanbase got pretty weird.

I mean I can kinda understand the people who just want certain characters in the game (except for the Waluigi fans), and I can even understand the leakers. However, I've heard of Smash players going to tournaments smelling worse than Shrek's swamp, people spending pretty much every waking hour practicing Melee until the training physically hurts them, people harassing Sakurai for no good reason, and basically all sorts of fighting and drama that may or may not make it the worst Nintendo fanbase next to Fire Emblem.

Now, this is all probably true, but I still wanna know exactly how bad this all was, and if most of this applies to the fanbase for all Smash games, or just melee. Because I'm pretty sure Melee's part of the fanbase was responsible for most of the elitism, and the stereotype about them not showering. And since the Melee community really wants to treat it as a mainly separate community from the Smash 4/ Ultimate community, we should probably let it. Please explain in the comments in as much detail as you need for exactly how bad each bad thing in the fanbase is (aside from the leaks, which I can honestly kinda understand), and whether or not the Ultimate fanbase could actually be considered only below average at worst if it could be disassociated with Melee's fandom.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Okay, first off... are you serious with these vote options? These aren't exactly the most impartial options you could have picked, to put it lightly. I don't think an honest evaluation of the state of the fanbase is really what you're after here.

Dr. Edgeworth

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6422-2780-9325
Surely not this is a real thing you think. SURELY not. Right????????

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Ultimate's fanbase is fine and there's not much wrong with Melee either. Only people who are against each other in terms of elitism are the minority and you really shouldn't be listening to them. Melee shouldn't get a bad rep considering they made the smash competitive scene alive and well when Nintendo forbid them on having one and they made the funds to return to Evo.

Are there things wrong with both communities? Of course some people like to take things too far but what those people did shouldn't count towards the whole community itself.

And please don't think Melee wants to separate itself from other smash games. It's that kind of thinking where both communities came together to shut Salem up. Plenty of top well known Melee players have been and still playing Ultimate competitively as we speak and Ultimate has been the best so far on bringing the communities together.

This thread is just asking to stir an uproar with pretty poor voting options that leads to nothing but a bad mindset.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
....THE SMASH WAR STARTS NOW!

sorry had to... xD

just ignore dorky me

Last edited:

Isaac4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
someletters
3DS FC
4270-5125-0529
Switch FC
SW-0987-8922-3098
What even is this thread

Goddamn_Angela

Smash Cadet
I voted for the first choice because its the internet.

But in general, your options are basically the same way as saying "bad" three times.

Bias poll is bad and bias.

Also, I read your post and, it could just be me, but it doesn't really make any sense? Like, is this about Ultimate or Melee? What is the point of this thread? Were you going anywhere with this? Is this a rant thread?

Edit: Also, it kind of just... ends. Your Post doesn't really have a closing. Its hard to explain but it feels like there should be a little more after "Please explain in the comments in as much detail as you need for exactly how bad each bad thing in the fanbase is (aside from the leaks, which I can honestly kinda understand), and whether or not the Ultimate fanbase could actually be considered only below average at worst if it could be disassociated with Melee's fandom. " Like, maybe state your thoughts more clearly? Or break it into two sentences? Or... something. I dunno its weird and this thread is weird. I just feel unfulfilled by the OP. /rant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom