• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How are you venting your anger?

Red Kirby

Smash Cadet
Now, I dont get mad easily. I mean, you gotta say/do something really f-ed up to piss me off. But I gotta tell you, Nintendo did that today. I just got home from school, I'm tired, its a Tuesday. (I hate Tuesday) If this was on a Friday, I probably would be a lot less angry. But geez, Brawl being delayed is just thing that needed to happen to me to get me pissed. I may be overreacting but... I just feel I've waited for so long for this thing to come out and now that I have to wait even longer... ughhhhhh.

So, I vented my anger via internet, how are you going to vent it? Or, are you even angry at all?

Talendime

Smash Ace
most people are just trying to look at it with a positive attitude. It may mean we're all putting ourselves in denial, but at least we'll still sleep better.
I can't actually say I'm too mad myself.. and the updates have finally been getting better again.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
I see the option in venting your anger...I was a little angry when I read about the delay, but I realize that Nintendo is a business, and will do whatever it wants if it think Brawl will sell more. If more advertising means more money, they'll do it, it's just economics. So I'm not that emotional.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm not that angry. Sure I was a little mad inside, but not enough that I need to make huge posts venting or saying that I'm not going to buy the game.:laugh:

MetaKevin

Smash Cadet
Well here's how it pans out for me. I had two tests on Feb 11th, and was going to absolutely fail them because nothing would be on my mind but Brawl, obviously. So I would have thought the only GOOD thing about the setback was that it would be further away from any big exams. But don't worry, I re-checked my syllabi, I still have the second test in one of my classes, and a big presentation in the other on March 10th. So really, there's nothing good about this at all.

I thought about punching someone randomly in the face, but I didn't feel like dealing with assault charges.

The Great Tama

Smash Journeyman
Well, thats life bro. It is full of disappointments. This experience will help you to get used to them as far worse disappointments are sure to arise in everyone's futures.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
most people are just trying to look at it with a positive attitude. It may mean we're all putting ourselves in denial, but at least we'll still sleep better.
I can't actually say I'm too mad myself.. and the updates have finally been getting better again.
Yeah, the updates for a game that keeps getting kicked out of your way. I'm angry alright.

Did you believe December 3rd would be the release?
Did you believe February 10th would be the release?

Thats what I thought. Now, I can't believe March 9th any more than those other two LIES.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I was kind of mad that Nintendo emailed me recently acting like they did not know the game was going be delayed when you know they had to becuse where did the retailers or distrubuters get the delayed daye weeks ago.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, thats life bro. It is full of disappointments. This experience will help you to get used to them as far worse disappointments are sure to arise in everyone's futures.
Indeed. Just when you think you've seen the worst, it gets even worse.

I'm not angry, just terribly disappointed. Here's to hoping we have good updates to distract us from the extra 7 day we'll have to wait for the burst of info.
I doubt it. He'll probably add a week of filler updates. -_-

MetaKevin

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, I'm fully aware. I'm just commenting on the fact that I probably need to work up some good Karma or something--I'm not used to such awful luck!

A&E

Smash Rookie
I'm not that mad about the delay, TBQH. It gives me more time to actually find somewhere that has Wii systems in stock.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually venting right now.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FOr fuch sake nintendo,god. I didn't even see this sheet tiil my friend told me in school. They just hid it in a freakin corner. I dont eveer want to see a knew character again, becaUSe eveytime we do it another Fching delay. Jeez.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
When I first found out last night, I told one of my friends over IM. He was like "Dude, that sucks." We talked for a while and I convinced him to start playing Fire Emblem. I talked about the game for around 15 minutes and I felt better after that. This just gives me an extra month to play the games all of these characters are from. Ima be really pissed if Hector isn't in it though.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
I like how when I gave almost a dozen reasons why the delay is real, everyone scoffed at me and told me I was a moron and that there's no possible way that it would be delayed only a month from release.

A big middle-finger to those who didn't want to listen to reason.

Burz

Smash Rookie
I wasn't angry at all. I live in Europe, and the game hasn't even been given a release date now. I don't see why all you Americans are complaining-no matter what, we get the game after you >_> unless some miracle happened...now THAT would be nice!

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
At first when I read it this morning I was really mad. Not angry mad, but mad like "You have GOT to be kidding me..."

But then I saw someones reply in the sticky saying it can be a good thing because we can finish up games we were currently playing, or if not, just start a new game.

So it gave me an idea. This weekend or next I'm gonna buy Super Paper Mario. That will make time fly by. :)

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
I have no anger to vent. I'm 25, married, and studying Industrial Design, I love Smash bros, but I have plenty of better things to do. It's pretty stupid to get angry about it, Sakurai's trying to make this perfect amazing game with infinite replay value and we'll probably all be playing it for the next decade, but oh noez, it's delayed another month, possibly to make product enough copies for the thousands on Smash boards that pre-ordered - stop whining and get a life, Smash Bros. is addicting, but there are both more fun and more important things to do in life.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
I was angry at 1st, but I just need go on with my life. This does make it easier to set up my week off from work for the game :p

Also, for those who want to let some anger out. I have invented a new product that you can vent all your anger into it.

~!THE KIRBYGUY BAG THINGYMABOB!~​
Price: 10.99 + Shipping​

To get one of these High quality stress relievers just send me an email with all your credit card info [/SARCASM]​

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
Well, when I heard the delay was true this morning, my day just got worse and disappointing. When I came home for lunch, I looked at my calendar and saw that March Break was the week of the 9th and my day has only gotten better. So, I am disappointed, but now I will have MUCH more spare time to play the game and I don't think I'll have any homework on the break, I would have probably had lots on the week of the 10th. Plus, this confirmation of a delay has made me decide to pre-order the game and not just buy it somewhere on the morning of February 10th. Plus maybe I'll be able to convince my local EB Games to release it at Midnight. Another bonus is I can pull all-nighters and not have to worry about school in the morning. So it was a disappointment and a bonus for me. I'm happy, but the wait is still gonna kill me.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm not angry that it was delayed, just irritated and disappointed. We've been given numerous release dates, all amounting up to a considerable amount of time really. I say if they're going to delay it, at least give us a CLEAR reason and not just an apology. That's only going to make everybody restless, seeing as we're back in the dark again albeit only for an extra month. Now I really want to see how many filler updates we're going to get x_x

Red Kirby

Smash Cadet
I have no anger to vent. I'm 25, married, and studying Industrial Design, I love Smash bros, but I have plenty of better things to do. It's pretty stupid to get angry about it, Sakurai's trying to make this perfect amazing game with infinite replay value and we'll probably all be playing it for the next decade, but oh noez, it's delayed another month, possibly to make product enough copies for the thousands on Smash boards that pre-ordered - stop whining and get a life, Smash Bros. is addicting, but there are both more fun and more important things to do in life.
That just made me not mad anymore. I guess I'll try and beat Twilight Princess while I'm waiting.

And BTW, I do have a life, its just I've been waiting for so long and... well, it doesnt matter now, my rampage is over. I guess I'll go look in the basement for TP now. :ohwell:

Loftis

Smash Rookie
I was angry. I won't deny it. Very, very angry indeed. It's not that I don't have a life or that Smashing is all I ever do. I don't even know the advanced techniques, I just play casually with friends. But we've been waiting for so long! Wasn't it supposed to be a Wii release game? And then we had to wait an entire year until Dec. 1, 2007. Then another two months until Feb 10. Now another freaking month until March 4th. And it makes me even more upset to come onto these boards, all ready to vent my anger with some like minded folk, and see all these people preaching about how they didn't get upset and how it's just a game and I should just chillax and wait calmy. I have a right to get angry, by golly, and I'm gonna get bloody angry! So I had to vent by skinning my baby brother alive, shaking him around in a bag of salt, and force-feeding him a running chainsaw. And now I think I'll go stuff a bad of kittens in my microwave and watch them die slooooow, paaaainful deaths.

The only glimmer of hope I see (and it's a very faint glimmer indeed) is that Nintendo might have the decency to release a demo. If I could only download the E for All demo over the Wii Shop Channel, I could forgive everything.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I was really...really ANGRY!!

But, then it hit me. After Jan. 31st, Ill amuse myself and make the next month go faster by watching videos of Brawl, seeing the characters in action, and learning how things work. THis should make Feb. go very quickly..still... gather your torches and pitchforks! Were going to NoA headquarters!

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I was really...really ANGRY!!

But, then it hit me. After Jan. 31st, Ill amuse myself and make the next month go faster by watching videos of Brawl, seeing the characters in action, and learning how things work. THis should make Feb. go very quickly..still... gather your torches and pitchforks! Were going to NoA headquarters!
The fact that you even believe Brawl will release on the 31st for Japan is kind of funny. How can we trust Nintendo at their word at all now?

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
When my friend told me Brawl was delayed again in school, I punched my locker and made a small dent (doh!) It's not noticeable unless you feel it, but my knuckles sure felt it. After that I had a long discussion with a few friends to rationally think of a good reason why it was delayed (Our best and most optimistic thought was megaman >_>)

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
My initial reaction was "WTF" and all that... but I slept it off and I accepted it. Regardless of the delay, the game will be launched sooner or later, and at least until March 9, I can concentrate on school work.

*sigh* But still, we could have had it in July, in December, and next month... but nope, more delays.

...whatever.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well I cursed a few times(not out loud), said I would nuke Nintendo, and watched a video of Reggie Fils-Aime say Brawl would come out on December 3rd,2007(he says lies). I now have gotten over it.

Top Bottom