• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How are you killing the time?

Foxy

Smash Master
Scanning forums for new techs/videos mostly. I want to be at least up to date with the happenings when the US release date comes around.

Apart from that I'm just mindlessly trudging through school. It really whiles away the hours like nobody's business when you don't give it much thought.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Mostly breaking my keyboard over my head from reading Smashboards. Then since I only have a mouse, I watch YouTube.

Work kind of helps too.

Cog

Smash Apprentice
Well, when im not scanning through new threads and reading up on techs, I watch some good matches and try to finish other games before all my time becomes consumed in brawl.
Right now im trying to finish No More Heroes (Excellecnt game btw)
and a little bit of Geometry Wars: Galaxies.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
Doing homework. lol

But I've also been playing through all the 3D Zelda's since about a week after the delay was announced. Currently on Wind Waker, so I'll probably finish TP maybe a week or 2 before Brawl.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Playing Dragonball Z Tenkaichi Budokai 3. And watching brawl vids, and looking up info on smashboards, so I can get a headstart with competitive playing.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
That video is amazing rofl.

I've been challenging myself with speedrunning games, xD

I played through MGS:Twin Snakes in 2:24 the other day.

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
The most amazing thing to me whenever I watch a video of the 64-era games is that I never noticed what the game really looked like. 2-D games do not bother me to look at, but 3-D games of previous generations drive me insane.

When I got my Gamecube and I looked back at my old N64 games I wondered how I never noticed that there were as many textures on my character than there were in entire N64 games. I'm not obsessed with graphics, but I just can't help but wonder why I didn't notice it at the time.

When I played Smash 64, SM 64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark...I didn't notice the blockiness. Watching that video reminded me of that.. I know that is off topic, but I had to chime in.

Oh and Phanna, I do not envy your job as a mod. I've only modded boards, game servers, or chats very occasionally. It is nice to do a job to help out the community, and I've enjoyed it in the past...but there are times when you just want to throw your computer out the window or punch some dude through the monitor. So I just wanted to give you some thanks for an usually thankless job...

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Playing other games. Right now I'm playing DMC 4, that's done a great job of distracting me, unfortunately I'm on mission 17 out of 20...so it won't be distracting me much longer. Of course DMC is known for lots of cool extras so hopefully I can kill some more time.

I also played Mass Effect waiting for brawl, then I'm counting down every day by playing one character's classic mode in Smash 64, once i'm done with those I'll play every char on melee once a day.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Reading technique threads? Watching videos? Scanning for reviews?

Personally, I'm watching http://youtube.com/watch?v=xNvbPzSTpPI over and over again.

Let's hear how you're killing time til Brawl.
That video is the best thing ever. Besides Brawl. That was hillarious.

Anyway, you pass the time, I post here on SWF. Other than that, I play some virtual console games, Ive actually picked up alot of them. Trying to finish DKC1 right now. Cant get past the first level of world 5. **** that factory. The fiery barrels...they just dont stop..

Also watching many a Brawl video on youtube.

Dogger

Smash Rookie
I was planning to play Devil May Cry 4, but the day it released was the same day my japanese wii and Dairantou Smash Bros x got here.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Im trying to kill it as best I can, in it's sleep, at diner, but it wont die!! T^T

I would play melee, but I'm not going to play that until way after brawls release, you know, to give me a Smash Bros. craving like no one's ever seen. I beat SMG and LoZ:TP Next up is DBZBT2 I guess =/

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Most of the time I'm just scanning the forums for new info. I made a list of every known character in the game and rated them on who I want to play the most. I've also been watching a lot of youtube videos of other people playing brawl, and I've been playing No More Heroes every once in a while.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Well I have plenty to keep myself busy, such as reading (particularly Sabriel which I need to finish by Brawl or I shall be denied it), homework, other games (just beat DQVIII so long...), and my friends and our weekly schedule.
Monday-Melee (Soon to be Brawl)
Thursday- Magic: The Gathering ( We usually play some singles/two headed giant before we play one big game of emperor)
Friday- Dungeons and Dragons (though being the DM makes this bleed a little bit more into my time.)

The wait for Brawl may suck but I'm sure the time will seem non-existant once it hits.

Ellio 2 b

Smash Apprentice
AHH, Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Metroid Prime Hunters, GH3, and many more...

I need to play more games..

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
I'm doing everything I do normally except slightly more melee and more browsing the net discussing brawl and searching stuff.

I'm older and smarter than I was when I got Melee and by the time Brawl has advanced like Melee after 5 years of metagame I'll be able to compete in many tournaments. I plan on taking Brawl serious this time, because I'm just now starting to do so with Melee as a result of Smash Bros. hype raising in general. I'm still probably one of the younger members here (>_<), but hey, metagame takes years. :p

Edit: I saw that Kirby vid the other week, and love it. :D

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
School, talking with friends, school, sleep, school, eating, school, Xbox 360, school...

-Onyx

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
i got devil may cry 4 like yesterday... and i thought it would hold me off. but i beat it allready =O but its good enough to play again and unlock crap.

Skeet11

Smash Cadet
I've been playing alot of Smash 64 online with my Project64k emulator.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I uh. Have a life.
Therefore, time goes by pretty busily and nicely.
Some of you should try getting one.

Although I still wish the game was out XD

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I'm scanning the forum, youtube, etc. as well as playing some Z-Dub. Almost finished it.

P.S. Zack and Wiki confirmed for Brawl!

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
reaseaching ike making a huge guide for him

also establishing an ike guild of competitive ike mainers with RoK the Reaper

in sig

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Let's see... so far I've done:

1. Watch a ridiculous amount of 1v1 Brawl videos and a large amount of other Brawl videos.
2. Looked for a Smash Forum, found this one, joined, read a ton a posts. Honestly, before I came here probably almost a week ago, I thought I knew a lot about the game and was probably one of the better players out there. Wow did this forum open my eyes. The amount of talent and scrupulous training/analysis of game design found throughout this forum floored me. I learned SO much about Melee and Brawl just by sifting through the many discussion threads. I never knew about hitboxes, priority, all of the ATs, and the intricate physics system behind both Melee and Brawl. I mean of course I recognized some of those things in the game, but never had a real understanding of them like I'm beginning to have now. I have come to realize that Melee and Brawl are very delicate and controlled art forms that can be manipulated in amazing by the best players. Sorry for the long tangent but I really am still amazed by how much I've learned in the 6 days or so I've been here.
3. Download the OST, get all of the songs labeled to my satisfaction (which took SO long but it's so worth it!). Now that that's done I've been listnening through the OST and loving it.
4. Playing Melee and trying all the ATs I've never known about/tried using before. I just learned how to wavedash three or four days ago. lol I know that is pretty pathetic for somone who's been playing Melee since it launched, but I'm pretty proud of myself. lol Unfortunately, the few ATs I'm actually starting to get are not in Brawl, but that's ok I guess because I'm not THAT great at them anyways.
5. Trying to find anything to keep my mind off the wait.
6. Wishing I could play against and learn directly from some real competitive players like the ones here.
7. School. Work. All that junk.

Everyday I look at my watch and think "well **** it's still x number of days away" though, so I guess I'm not doing that good of a job of taking my mind off the wait. lol

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
Let's see... so far I've done:

1. Watch a ridiculous amount of 1v1 Brawl videos and a large amount of other Brawl videos.
2. Looked for a Smash Forum, found this one, joined, read a ton a posts. Honestly, before I came here probably almost a week ago, I thought I knew a lot about the game and was probably one of the better players out there. Wow did this forum open my eyes. The amount of talent and scrupulous training/analysis of game design found throughout this forum floored me. I learned SO much about Melee and Brawl just by sifting through the many discussion threads. I never knew about hitboxes, priority, all of the ATs, and the intricate physics system behind both Melee and Brawl. I mean of course I recognized some of those things in the game, but never had a real understanding of them like I'm beginning to have now. I have come to realize that Melee and Brawl are very delicate and controlled art forms that can be manipulated in amazing by the best players. Sorry for the long tangent but I really am still amazed by how much I've learned in the 6 days or so I've been here.
3. Download the OST, get all of the songs labeled to my satisfaction (which took SO long but it's so worth it!). Now that that's done I've been listnening through the OST and loving it.
4. Playing Melee and trying all the ATs I've never known about/tried using before. I just learned how to wavedash three or four days ago. lol I know that is pretty pathetic for somone who's been playing Melee since it launched, but I'm pretty proud of myself. lol Unfortunately, the few ATs I'm actually starting to get are not in Brawl, but that's ok I guess because I'm not THAT great at them anyways.
5. Trying to find anything to keep my mind off the wait.
6. Wishing I could play against and learn directly from some real competitive players like the ones here.
7. School. Work. All that junk.

Everyday I look at my watch and think "well **** it's still x number of days away" though, so I guess I'm not doing that good of a job of taking my mind off the wait. lol
if you want to learn even more head to the smashwiki, we editors don't write the articles for nothing ya know...oh wait, we do...

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
-Listening to the Brawl soundtrack.
-Practicing with items on and against 3 computer opponents in Melee (For online Brawls)
-Playing Killer Instinct
-Working
-Sleeping
-Watching TV
-Internet (Smashboards, etc)
-Gym

The days are definitely passing by pretty quickly but waiting 30 more days is going to be annoying.

I'm just holding out cause I want the English version and don't want to mod or import anything.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
I am killing time by:

1) Scanning Smash Boards frequently.
2) Scanning Brawl Central often.
3) Searching for cool new Brawl Videos minus SSE videos
4) Playing Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
5) Trying to keep all my guys alive on Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and having to reset the game often.
6) Playing Smash Bros. Melee and train myself to do a short hop, L-cancel, Shuffle, and Wavedash.
7) Playing Command and Conquer III: Tiberum Wars.
8) Sleep (biggest killer of time)
9) Listening to Brawl OST (Like I am doing right now)
10) Thinking of new levels I could create in Stage Builder:
......a) Saffron City Proto-Type
......b) Hyrule Castle Proto-Type
......c) Ganon's Pyramid (Zelda-LttP)
......d) Sudden Death Royal (No chance of dying, for Jigglypuffs on Super Sudden Death)
......e) Big World (Super Mario World 3)
......f) Small World (Super Mario World 3)
......g) King Dedede's Ring (Kirby Super Star)

Top Bottom