• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How annoying is the above person's main Ultimate edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
Haven't seen many of you Greninjas online. Super rare character to find online. Let's give the new man on the block a shot: Terry Bogard (I would've put his ultimate icon here, but it seems his is not out yet...)

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
I'd love too but I have no new experience on the character and the Terrys online are launching themselves into the blast zone. I will say that he looks very scary though.

BitBitio

Smash Journeyman
Terry, Terry, Terry....
The man is a replacement. Poor Little Mac wasn’t buffed in the update so Terry was created to compensate. Fighting not too differently from the Bruiser of the Bronx, Terry is simply a direct upgrade sporting viable aerials, better throws, and a comeback mechanic that makes Waft look pathetic. His recovery is considerably stronger as well. He isn’t a crazily irritating character, but his special “Ok” mechanic is stupidly strong.

Silask20

Smash Apprentice
Terry isnt to bad to fight. Seems easily edge guarded if youre into playing that way. I damn near beat a few good players using him as zelda and i am a mediocre zelda at best.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
It really just seems like they brought back Smash 4 Ryu. Calling it now in like a month, Terry is gonna be solidified as like an upper high tier, just like Ryu on Smash 4. It all comes back to Ryu.

PrestoTheMan

Smash Rookie
It really just seems like they brought back Smash 4 Ryu. Calling it now in like a month, Terry is gonna be solidified as like an upper high tier, just like Ryu on Smash 4. It all comes back to Ryu.
Yeah, I'd have to agree. Terry seems pretty good, but not like everyone keeps trying to make him out to be. But I will admit, his attack cancels look pretty scary. Upper high tier at best.

Oh, my main is
:ultbowser:

BitBitio

Smash Journeyman
He's the most unique Link. He's the overall fastest in terms of mobility, but has the worst projectiles and the most disjointed airs. The other two use some kicks for nair and bair but Toon Link is all sword. Pretty fun to play as or against. Not annoying.
:ultjigglypuff: or :ultyoshi:

D

Deleted member

Both just have to be kept out of the air. Not annoying.
As for Terry, I haven't found enough and didn't buy the character. All I'll say is if you're going to do gimmicks, do them for everyone, goddamn it

1FC0

Smash Lord
All I'll say is if you're going to do gimmicks, do them for everyone, goddamn it
They do that for a lot of gimmicks. e.g. Air dodging, parrying, spot dodging. Many people just do not consider them gimmicks because everyone has them.

D

Deleted member

They do that for a lot of gimmicks. e.g. Air dodging, parrying, spot dodging. Many people just do not consider them gimmicks because everyone has them.
I meant stuff like the "GO" and Arsene

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So how does Go work? Is this the so-called comeback mechanic I've heard about? I like Terry but I need to practice using him cause his movements are... odd. Fighting against him though there's definitely some parts to his kit that seem tailored to defeating certain strategies at least against sword users like marth/luci and roy/chrom

1FC0

Smash Lord
Apparently he gets 2 OP moves when he's at 100% or more, or something like that.

Insistent

Smash Rookie
He's the most unique Link. He's the overall fastest in terms of mobility, but has the worst projectiles and the most disjointed airs. The other two use some kicks for nair and bair but Toon Link is all sword. Pretty fun to play as or against. Not annoying.
:ultjigglypuff: or :ultyoshi:
Will you stay on the ground for a second?!

:ultfox::ultsheik::ultlucario:

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
So how does Go work? Is this the so-called comeback mechanic I've heard about? I like Terry but I need to practice using him cause his movements are... odd. Fighting against him though there's definitely some parts to his kit that seem tailored to defeating certain strategies at least against sword users like marth/luci and roy/chrom
Once Terry's over 100%, he will have two super special moves: Buster Wolf and Super Power Geyser (I think that's what it's called).They deal an ABSURB amount of damage, and perhaps the most scary thing is, you can use either of those two super specials and attack cancel DIRECTLY into his final smash. His damage output is INSANE! I once went from 45% damage to a WHOPPING 130% damage after being hit by an attack cancelled Buster Wolf into his final smash! The only hard part is learning the command inputs for those two super special moves. But even then, those command inputs aren't that hard to do; it's down-left-down-right for Power Geyser and down-right-down-right for Buster Wolf.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
PK Fire aside... the annoying thing about Ness is his yo-yo and PK Thunder which is absolute hell for characters who don't have options on getting below opponents.
:ultpit:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Pit annoys me most just due to fair and the occasional yolo forward special but otherwise I don't find Pit to be 'annoying'. A rare fight but one that is generally pretty fun.

:ultpacman: :ultincineroar:

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
Pit annoys me most just due to fair and the occasional yolo forward special but otherwise I don't find Pit to be 'annoying'. A rare fight but one that is generally pretty fun.

:ultpacman: :ultincineroar:
It's annoying how you people shove in our faces though your gameplay that you guys have galaxy brains and are four parallel universes ahead of us.
:nessecho:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Pac-Man's try to use the Hydrant and Fruit set ups... it often doesn't work since I use Pac-Man too and I've seen way too many compilations to let that happen.
:ultmario:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Marios are usually fun to fight against until they either start spamming fireballs or combo you into oblivion with U-tilt/U-air on Battlefield. Or both.

:ulthero:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Not very annoying. I guess it's annoying to have to read his menu while getting less time for it than Hero himself does, but seeing how bad his Command Selection moves deal with the good use of shields this is not much of a problem since really his menu does not need to be read.

I'm guessing you were sort of expecting a rant about his RNG, but the RNG is balanced. Law of large numbers and the fact that Hero is OK at best kind of make it a non-issue to me.

Zyr

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7530-5324-6817
ROB, hmm...

Only annoying if he gets a final smash. The ROBs I usually right (in the 200k range now) are rare and generally bad at dealing with my projectiles if I'm on my game. Plus grabbing them is so much fun.

I wish I had more to say but they're so rare in my range

:ultsamus:

boysilver400

Smash Apprentice
“Run, shoot a missle, charge up a beam, run, shoot a missle, charge up a beam”-LTG

:ultroy:

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
I really just feel bad for ridley, except when I'm in a disadvantage state. When he's in advantage I absolutely hate him.
:ultgreninja:/:ultmewtwo:/:ultdarkpit:

Last edited:

PrestoTheMan

Smash Rookie
I really just feel bad for ridley, except when I'm in a disadvantage state. When he's in advantage I absolutely hate him.
:ultgreninja:/:ultmewtwo:/:ultdarkpit:
Greninja: Not too annoying; Am not too annoyed when I'm fighting him.
Mewtwo: I meet wayyy too many campy Mewtwos and it's kind of annoying. But the big hurtbox helps.
Dark Pit: I really don't like Dark pit. Always uses netural b and side b. Also his air moves are really annoying.

:ultbowser::ulthero::ultrobinf:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Samus and Dark Samus are a bit annoying because of their Charge Shot being easy to charge and very dangerous when fully charged. Ridley and Hero are not annoyig to me.

:ultalph::ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulthero::ulticeclimbers::ultness::ultgnw::ultswordfighter::ultgunner::ultbrawler::ultmewtwo::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultlucina::ultmarth::ultmario::ultluigi::ultlucas::ultlucario::ultlittlemac::ultlink::ultkirby::ultkrool::ultkingdedede::ultjoker::ultjigglypuff::ultisabelle::ultinklingboy::ultincineroar::ultike::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultrob::ultrobin::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultzss::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultyoshi::ultwolf::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario::ultvillager::ulttoonlink::ult_terry::ultsonic::ultsnake::ultrichter::ultsimon::ultshulk:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
:ultmegaman:: projectile spam
:ultmarth:/:ultlucina:: Frustrating to hit them every freaking time I try to attack.
:ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus:: Charge shot and missiles spam.
:ultsnake:: Missiles spam
:ultsimon:/:ultrichter:: Axes and crosses spam
:ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy:: Roller Roller Da!
:ultyounglink:: Fire arrows and boomerang spam
:ultness:: PK FIRE!

:ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultyoshi::ultkrool:
(Everytime I play as Dedede, i keep missing with the Jet Hammer when trying to attack a opponent.)

PrestoTheMan

Smash Rookie
1st of all, why are you using jet hammer?
DDD is actually fun to play against.
Kirbys that up all the time are dead to me
Yoshi is just straight up wack
King k Rool is annoying only if they spam netural b and side b.

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
1st of all, why are you using jet hammer?
DDD is actually fun to play against.
Kirbys that up all the time are dead to me
Yoshi is just straight up wack
King k Rool is annoying only if they spam netural b and side b.
"I'm charging you for seven counts of animal abuse Mr.Koopa"
"But I only sneezed on that Pichu!"
"Mr.Koopa you murdered him seven times over"
:ultness:/:ultinkling:/:ultjoker:/:ultpokemontrainer:/:ultpichu:

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
I will only play Snake against Ness because it’s one of my favourite matchups and extremely interesting to play and analyze.
Inklings on Elite are ass. My friends Inkling is good matchup experience.
Ugh, I hate Tetrakarn and Down gun with a passion.
Screw Zard on wifi.
Pichu is almost always free GSP.

I play :ultbowser::ultfox::ultchrom::ultwolf::ultpokemontrainerf:

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
I will only play Snake against Ness because it’s one of my favourite matchups and extremely interesting to play and analyze.
Inklings on Elite are ass. My friends Inkling is good matchup experience.
Ugh, I hate Tetrakarn and Down gun with a passion.
Screw Zard on wifi.
Pichu is almost always free GSP.

I play :ultbowser::ultfox::ultchrom::ultwolf::ultpokemontrainerf:
Imagine nairing on Ledge and assuming that you're good at ledgetrapping.
This applies to everyone except for Bowser,but I already did Bowser so....
:ultvillager:/:ultroy:/:ultmario:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom