• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How annoying is the above person's main Ultimate edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadmander

Smash Cadet
Going with you because you’re the last one who actually directly said a main.

Dedede’s so tempermental as to whether his moves have priority that what completely nullifies him at one frame ends in death at the next. Plus he’s a heavyweight with crazy get back ability... and most irritatingly likes to fight in the air.

Little Mac.
I feel so bad for little mac, I've been vastly out skilled by many little mac players only for them to get hit twice a stock and lose because of it.
:ultluigi:/:ultmegaman:/:ultrobinf:

1FC0

Smash Lord
I feel so bad for little mac, I've been vastly out skilled by many little mac players only for them to get hit twice a stock and lose because of it.
Little Mac also loses hard to platform camping. I've tried this in Elite Smash and I destroyed multiple Little Macs with ease just by using a flowchart strategy based on reaction by platform camping. Maybe those Little Macs were just bad, but to me it seemed that the problem really was that platform camping is overpowered against Little Mac.

Anyway I pick Luigi. He's not that annoying, untill I get hit by his long range super safe grab. At that point I might as well put down the controller and pick it up when I'm approximately 60% damage richer (OK maybe not that much). He has one of the best grabs and one of the best grab games. This character is the epitome of the grabber playstyle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The recent DB between Dracula and Ganondorf is one of the best and actually viable ones in a VERY long time. Anyways...

1FC0

Smash Lord
Richter's edgeguarding is very good and annoying. His projectiles are very annoying for most of my secondaries, but most Richters are prdictable with it and my main has got a piercing laser and reflector which greatly help in the matchup.

BitBitio

Smash Journeyman
Not too annoying, his moves are stubby, his framedata isn’t too great, his airs aren’t very good, and hid movement is too slow. I can usually combo him offstage and gimp him under 40%.
:ultkirby:

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
Not too annoying, his moves are stubby, his framedata isn’t too great, his airs aren’t very good, and hid movement is too slow. I can usually combo him offstage and gimp him under 40%.
I really just feel bad for Kirby, the worst thing he can do is the Suck and Cuck.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I dunno why but Richter annoys me way more than Simon. Specifically the avalanche of b spam that's typical of QP richters and the accompanying sound effects. Grrrrr...

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I dunno why but Richter annoys me way more than Simon. Specifically the avalanche of b spam that's typical of QP richters and the accompanying sound effects. Grrrrr...
I love fighting :ultike:. Annoyingness 1/10. None of his mechanics or capabilities really annoy me while fighting him.

I find :ultkirby: to be really scary tbh. Even though he's "low tier," it's usually a Kirby that'll end up chasing me really far off the stage and killing me while I'm recovering, as :ultkirby: is one of the best characters at doing this kind of thing. They also combo me a lot. I'm not sure if I'd call it annoying, but moreso that Kirby can be a challenging fight and Kirby likes to challenge me on my own turf (and succeeding at it), which I'm not used to having happen very often.

Though... sometimes you run into that Kirby online that up B's nonstop in 2v2s or something, which contributes a bit to the annoyingness, so

4/10 annoyingness for :ultkirby:

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Simon is annoying no matter who you're playing as
You forgot to talk about my main!

I think that R.O.B. has a decent matchup. The Belmonts are cowards hiding behind projectiles but there is no hiding from the Robo Beam because it pierces all inferior projectiles to hit the coward hiding behind it.

As for Ridley, he's not annoying to me either. He seems to be pretty vulnerable to camping and gimping, and R.O.B. is pretty good both from long distances as well as in the air. In addition, it's fun to see Ridley's inferior projectile blow up in his face when I snipe it with Robo Beam. Ridley is also good combo food and comboing is one of the many other things that R.O.B. excels in in this game.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Actually I do not know what you meant, and what you say makes no sense. Do you mean to refer to his fuel?

Silask20

Smash Apprentice
I mean youve posted multiple times but for the sake of staying on topic, R.O.B is a pretty cheeseball character of side b spam that isnt always punishible. Projectiles easy to deal with, but most annoying of all i cant punish your air attacks when after i successfully block it you fly halfway accross the stage so they usually spam the hell out of it.

My main: :ultbowser:

Melonsismyusername

Smash Apprentice
The combination of wonder wing, grenade, and the eggs means that combined with input lag and online lag, I need a chemo therapy session after fighting online banjos.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Ganondorf is one those characters who you can get bodied by, or body. It's kinda fun yet frustrating at the same time. Though I will say this. Screw Doriyah rendering Focus Attack useless in that matchup (I thought it could take one hit?).
:ultmarth:

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
Alright I just couldn't resist. In spirit of the thread, I made a tier list on how annoying I think each character is to fight:

Also,
Ganondorf is one those characters who you can get bodied by, or body. It's kinda fun yet frustrating at the same time. Though I will say this. Screw Doriyah rendering Focus Attack useless in that matchup (I thought it could take one hit?).
:ultmarth:
:ultmarth: I love fighting the sword characters. I consider them to be not annoying.

:ultrob: *Shudders* Very annoying, but could be worse.

Tiers.PNG

So this tier list is entirely based on my personal opinion, but in general I find characters that are annoying when they have these attributes:

Play is based heavily on projectiles or zoning tactics
Character is very small, fast, and hard to hit
Character has long-lasting hitboxes that feel annoying (looking at you :ultpikachu: :ultpichu:

I find characters to not be annoying in general when they are:

Reasonably sized
Do not possess endless or brutally annoying combo strings
Are mostly or entirely melee-based, with either one basic, non-annoying projectile or no projectiles at all

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 243222
So this tier list is entirely based on my personal opinion, but in general I find characters that are annoying when they have these attributes:

Play is based heavily on projectiles or zoning tactics
Character is very small, fast, and hard to hit
Character has long-lasting hitboxes that feel annoying (looking at you :ultpikachu: :ultpichu:

I find characters to not be annoying in general when they are:

Reasonably sized
Do not possess endless or brutally annoying combo strings
Are mostly or entirely melee-based, with either one basic, non-annoying projectile or no projectiles at all
Keep your quickplay salt to yourself

D

Deleted member

Normal quickplay discussion and quickplay salt are different

Last edited by a moderator:

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
What exactly was salty about my reply?

The entire point of this thread is to state whether or not you find somebody's main to be annoying. Stating my annoyance with certain fighters does not imply saltiness with quickplay.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
What do those terms mean? Both "normal Quickplay discussion" and "Quickplay salt" are very vague terms. If you are going against the flow and be the only one to criticise someone, then you should probably at least bring good arguments instead of coming with vague terms to convince people of your point.

D

Deleted member

If you are going against the flow and be the only one to criticise someone, then you should probably at least bring good arguments instead of coming with vague terms to convince people of your point.
This by itself is not an argument either.
Making tier lists nobody asked for is going against the flow to begin with.

I'm just going to wait for the next person.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I'm going ontopic again: Another annoying thing about Richter is his edgeguarding. Holy Water combined with the Whip and his axes are pretty hard to get through, even for a superior character like R.O.B..

Last edited:

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
That Robo beam and spin top of yours is annoying to get through (especially when I play Ike), and also that stupid side B move that works even offstage. I swear, sometimes, I just can't seem to beat ROB for the life of me. I haven't seen anyone so far talk about one of my secondaries; what do y'all think about :ultchrom:

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
No, I don't accept your apology Chrom, you're annoying, easy to use, and your recovery makes my eyes bleed.
:ultvillager:

D

Deleted member

Villager's power is in his Smash Attacks and the rocket. He's also lightweight, therefore lightwork.

BitBitio

Smash Journeyman
Richter is total combo food with weak recovery, slow mobility, and sluggish framedata. Yet he is somehow one of the most annoying opponents in the game, especially in doubles. His range and projectiles make me mad.
Do my secondary, :ultjoker:

1FC0

Smash Lord
I just recently discovered that Arsenne gets called back sooner if Joker gets damaged while Arsenne is out. That discovery made him a lot less annoying to me. However, stalling part of it out with Robo Burner is still pretty funny.

BitBitio

Smash Journeyman
:ultrob: IS HECKING ANNOYING. As a Kirby player, it’s hard enough to approach, but ROBs projectiles are infuriating. His down tilt combos me into oblivion, his recovery is SO HARD to edgeguard. Plus he’s a heavyweight. Combine it with a killer side-b and down throw that buries and he takes 10 YEARS to even kill. Once. I swear this is Kirby’s hardest MU, except for maybe Snake and Yoshi. That said, he’s combo food and fun to play as.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Fighting Shulk is honestly one of the worst things to do. I don't know the match up well, so Shulk's just go into speed and jump, racking up damage and running away. And then there's the almighty Smash mode, where the odds of surviving are extremely minimal.
:ultryu:

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
its really not lol
Me: ¨hmmm, today I will attempt to combo shulk¨
Me: Is clueless
Me: Uses combo starter and follows up
Shulk: ¨Yellow aura time¨
Shulk: Stops combo
Me: Sad greninja noises
Seriously the shield art cucks me outta my sweet sweet combos and it makes me anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom