• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How amazing is the new shielding system?

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
***another stupid question***

okay, isn't EVERY move possible OOS???

if i understand correctly, u drop ure shield FIRST (let go of L/R), THEN u attack. So... arent u just standing there for a brief moment? so any attack u can do while standing, u should be able to do OOS, right?

...someone enlighten me plz.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^Pretty much. In melee, doing anything OOS meant you either jumped (or jump canceled) or wavedashed from your shield and then attacking. That's because there was more shield stun in melee and shields dropped slower, so you needed the speed advantage of jumping rather than simply dropping your shield.

However, in brawl shields drop much faster so you can just let go of your shield and then attack.

What I'd really like to know is if you can attack directly from powershields. It was possible in melee, just so hard to do that you'd only see computers do it with their inhuman reflexes. But since powershielding was made easier, maybe attacking from a powershield was made easier too.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Honestly, Power Shielding in Melee is somewhat easy. People just didn't employ it through the misconception that was actually difficult and the scene never had a player actually pioneer the skill. If you can PS projectiles with any consistency in Melee, you could easily PS attacks.

It's so sad we'll never see Melee's real potential because of this game :/

-Kimosabae

Top Bottom