• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How am I too

A$$A$$1n80r

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. As you can see from my post count, I am pretty new to this site. So I got brawl a while ago, and I got bored of it, and ditched it. but recently I had a craving to play it again, so i did. To refamiliarize myself with the inferface, (After a whole year of not playing). I went up and just did a match against each character at level nine using toon link (my main). Now I got to pickachu and I find that he is really tough. I'm not that great at this game, so If anyone could help me on a tactic to use to take out pickachu with TL that would be much appreciated. And I apologize if this is in the wrong section or anything along those lines.

So essentially, my problem with pickachu are as follows.

In general, I try to play aggressive and run in swinging swords. Pickachu is faster than me, and even if i can land a hit on her, she is able to do this jump then special attack to get me to either pause to bring up my shield, get hit and stunned for a fraction of a second, or have me roll away and then she can continue on with her barrage of electricity. If i roll towards here she is able to counter attack with a smash attack and im screwed too.

Since this tactic didn't work, i tried to be more defensive, and toss bombs and my bommerang at pickachu. This doesn't work though, because pickachu is really small, and really fast. So most of the time it can dodge all of my bombs and boomerangs.

So I tried links down arial attack. (the move that is almost identical to the finishing move in twilight princess). Normally this is a great way to get up close and deal lots of damage, but again, pickachu has that down B move and the bolt of lightning comes down and kills me.

So if anyone has any strats for taking down pickachu please let me know. And again I'm new and apologize if this is in the wrong section or anything along those lines. Thanks for reading, and bye.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Playing computers isn't really the way the game is played on this site, it's either playing real people or on wifi here. I suggest you try playing wifi with people and if you don't have it, that's though luck :/

This question would belong in the single player section though.
Computers are stupid and deceiving them isn't hard.

A$$A$$1n80r

Smash Rookie
Playing computers isn't really the way the game is played on this site, it's either playing real people or on wifi here. I suggest you try playing wifi with people and if you don't have it, that's though luck :/

This question would belong in the single player section though.
Computers are stupid and deceiving them isn't hard.
Alright, Ill move to Wifi in that case.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
The key to toon link is always being in the air. Approach with projectile spam followed by some short-hopped nairs and autocancelled zairs. From there you can try to juggle them or bair combo them.

Evil Jiggly

Smash Rookie
I always like to set up a wall of projectiles,short hop arrow and quickdraw.When I approach i full hop and boomerand angled down and quickdraw, follow up with standard combo. zair is good for spacing, and fair and nair for edge guarding is great.I wish toon had a safe spike(excluding bombing yourself).In general, be smart with your projectiles and you'll be fine.Also, try saving your Usmash as your kill move, and Hyphenizing it really helps :)

Splice

Smash Hero
Use lots of projectiles. Boomerangs and Bombs, and when they hit Fsmash the CPU.

But yeah, definitely try and Vs some real people.

Kantō

Smash Champion
projectiles are probably the way to go.
if you dont have anyone to play with, i suggest looking at some TL threads and checking out some videos on how to play pikachu , i know he can be a lil ******* cuz i main him haha.
also when you check out some more advancded techniques, if you have to play a computer, switch the level of the CPU down and practice new tricks ( this will be eaiser for you to master them because you wont have to concintrate on defending yourself most the time)
Good luck and keep practicing!

Top Bottom