• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston: Your days are numbered

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
yeah just make the entry fee lower... for example instead of 10 dollars for singles...make it 5 dollars, i know its stupid that people dont pay $10 a month but obviously its not working out...

not everyone has cash that blows out of their *** everytime they fart... i dont have a job and my parents dont give me allowance or anything like that (and both my parents are medical technicians)

free tournies are good too, but honestly if you want people to play "seriously" because money is on the line than just cheapen the prices.

Jake13

Smash Lord
We tried to cheapen the price last weekend, everyone still gimped out.

And if you don't try because it's free, you shouldn't be playing at all. Sandbagging is gay, those that sandbag are gay.

TGM

Smash Lord
cheap prices can work, but the pot will be lower too.

and if you people strict up and say "you pay to play or go away" things will change. tust me, it wont keep people away. and if it did, they were horrible in the 1st place.

so as the time goes by i will hold a special "smash get-to-gether" event for g@be since he is leaving first. im not sure where it will be but i encourage everybody to go and fight g@be one last time be fore he goes. its not to see who is better, its just to enjoy smash for the last time with that crazy mexico. so ill set some things up and ill bring it up again later.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
You're following me, aren't you ;)

Yes, yes we do. Give me a call when you get into town.

TGM

Smash Lord
should i look up the word "scav" in the phone book? where do you work? i can come to your job with a GCN and a control.

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Jeremy Feifer:

Nah but seriouslly peace out to gabe and seth and who ever else is leavin...if it helps yall sleep better you guys couldn't be replaced.

In other news Im still lookin forward to are match jake ^_^'... and to all the rest of you...meaning: anyone in my area...yall need to come play and get owned....its undisputable ya boy Jeremy got skill. As of Today I have beatin Ronnies "Beast" or...Fox as you call it, not one but twice in a row....with no suicides on his part im talkin 2 stocks...But he 4 stocked me twice in a row the next 2 matches...heh...too good...

SO hit me up if you want to play...nah but seriouslly, I can die now (if anyone wants to see me just search youtube: tink vs. darkrain) ^_^'....<---joke but close.,...and since I can only post when Im at ronnies Ill say this once. Stop makin impossible plans....Im out.

Mr.C

Smash Master
do it again lols

i also remember me getting 5th place in that tourney lol (using link but mostly marth)

either wtym1 or 2 i took off 6 stock vs zulu/smiles in crews with link

lets see u even take off 2-3 with roy lol

ZHHHHHHAAZAAAAAAMMMMM <3

G@BE

Smash Lord
I would beat your fart Mr.C.....
im not sure if thats a good thing yet though... >.>

so maaayyybbeee not

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
It just occurred to me that if I hadn't of moved to San Antonio, I'd be representing Houston. I lived there for 17 years. I'm liking San Antonio better, I must say.

liius

Smash Journeyman
Like, no one mentioned me. That's cold. I gave plenty of rides to tournaments and ****. So what up. I feel left out. Yeah, I'm probably going to be leaving too. Haven't decided where yet, just away from here.

DuKe™

Smash Journeyman
yeah i know mad props bear your monthlies truly kicked A** and we all know what you went through with all the rides

liius

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but i'm going to be moving after high school or something. I just have to figure where I'm going and who I'm going to house with cause I wont have a great paying job so yeah.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Yea it really should be closed. Houston seems to not care about there downfall... So whatever close it Drewzzz

Sugoi_boy

Smash Cadet
I would love a chance to smash with Caveman, so im definitely headed to teh upcoming Austin tournament, i have a small car, only 6people tops, and that will be a cram. If my dad is cool and lets me use it, then i can carpool smashers from the tomball/magnolia/woodlands area (if you can help with gas, i'm in college after all)

remember tho, this is NOT a sure thing, just throwing it out early just in case so that if i can, its not a last minute thing that ends up making us miss it or something

mata ne -_- \/..

Top Bottom