• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Care to name an example?
PNT events
Funplex events
Anime Matsuri events
Monsters Arcade events
Quake Con events
Evo
Texas Showdown

the list goes on.

Many Many marvel/tekken/solcal/streetfighter....ect events across the nation use wireless controllers and issues were minimal. Brawl is the only one ive seen huge issues with (mlg).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
yea every smash game has had 1 or 2 retro chars added

ssb1=ness (but wasnt he based off of the kid in mother 1?)
ssb2=gw/ic
ssb3=rob/pit
ssb4=little mac?
You're thinking of Ninten from Mother. Mother2/Earthbound is the sequel.

:phone:

Trela

Smash Lord
Smash 4 will have Hobgobs
[COLLAPSE=" "][COLLAPSE=" "][COLLAPSE=" "][COLLAPSE=" "][COLLAPSE=" "][COLLAPSE=" "][COLLAPSE=" "][COLLAPSE=" "][COLLAPSE=" "][COLLAPSE="almost there"][COLLAPSE=" "][COLLAPSE=" "][COLLAPSE=" "][COLLAPSE="THIS IS IT"][COLLAPSE=" "]
[/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE]

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm not an EB nerd. Maybe Tallman or someone else knows more.

Also, didn't you say you had trouble with the Wii U at UH that one time? Now imagine a tournament with 20 Wii U on at the same time.

This means there will be 20 gamepads that need to be charged/left on at the same time (if gamepad dies, system will freeze). This means there must be a DEDICATED area for charging gamepads.

Now imagine a national with 40-50 Wii U. You would need security just to guard those gamepads, since assuming they cost $100 to replace.

That is the definition of a logisical nightmare.

Gea

Smash Master
PNT events
Funplex events
Anime Matsuri events
Monsters Arcade events
Quake Con events
Evo
Texas Showdown

the list goes on.

Many Many marvel/tekken/solcal/streetfighter....ect events across the nation use wireless controllers and issues were minimal. Brawl is the only one ive seen huge issues with (mlg).
Are you kidding me? Wireless controllers are banned at EVO.

Mr. Wizard said:
The Problem

Since there's no easy way to unpair a controller from a Playstation 3, any player who had previously played on a game console may accidently interfer with another game in progress. Consider the following scenario

1) Players A and B sync their controllers to the game station.
2) After they finish their game, Players A and B turn off their controllers.
3) Even though their controllers are turned off, the Playstation still remember that they are paired.
4) Players C and D sync their controllers and begin the next game.
5) Player A turns on his controller and hits the home button.
6) Since he hasn't yet synced his controller to the new station, hitting the home button will interrupt the game played by Players C and D.

There are a million different ways this can happen. For example:

1) A player eliminated from the tournament puts his controller in his backpack. While he's walking, some item in his backpack accidently bumps the home button, interrupting a game in progress.
2) A player finishes his semi-final match and turns off his controller. 15 minutes later he is called for his match in the finals of the winners bracket. While syncing his controller to the new Playstation, he accidently hits the home button while before his USB cord is plugged in, interrupting the semi-finals of the loser's bracket happening on the console he just left.
3) A sore loser eliminated from the tournament maliciously presses his home button to interrupt matches.
4) A player notices that is friend is about to lose a match on a console that he had just played on. He decides to "save" his friend by pressing the home button, forcing a replay of the round.

While some of these may sound far-fetched, each of these scenarios has happened at past EVO events. Some have occurred multiple times. In order to ensure the integrity of future events, we are not allowing players to use controllers which pair themselves with Playstations.
I don't care about Play N Trade or Gamestop tiny events or side events at other venues where the main game doesn't care so the TO of the side event chooses. I'm talking sizable tournaments where everyone will use wireless. It isn't done because it's absolutely dumb. By the way we've STILL had issues in Brawl with 2-3 people using wireless and everyone else wired. All it takes is one honest mistake to disrupt a set. It really is only allowed because it's less of an issue when only the newest of newgens even use a wiimote so you have 3-4 people with one out of 50+. And EVEN THEN there have been paused sets.

Oh and that was all info from a couple years ago. They even had a dedicated "desync" PS3 to go after your matches and they still had problems. It's going to suck *** trying to run a Smash 4 tournament.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The same thing will happen with the Wii U pro controllers. And you can't remove the batteries or turn them off.

Xyro77

I'm not an EB nerd. Maybe Tallman or someone else knows more.

Also, didn't you say you had trouble with the Wii U at UH that one time? Now imagine a tournament with 20 Wii U on at the same time.

This means there will be 20 gamepads that need to be charged/left on at the same time (if gamepad dies, system will freeze. This means there must be a DEDICATED area for charging gamepads.

Now imagine a national with 40-50 Wii U. You would need security just to guard hose gamepads, since assuming they cost $100 to replace.

That is the definition of a logisical nightmare

Dude, i took the wiiu to Riot's dorm and the console could not recognize the tablet and i was only 5 feet away. But that is just the game pad. I doubt most people will be using that (kinda like how next to no one uses the wiimote) but instead they will use the pro controller.

Yea the stuff Gea is talking about could def happen but im not worried about that as much as other stuff like.

1. wiimote+nunchuku, tablet, pro controller, classic pro controler all in one room. Every one of those has to sync and desync to a WiiU. SO MANY GAMES will be paused/wrecked in the middle of matches cause people either didn't desync or turn the battery around in the controllers.

2. Nintendo said they MAY allow 2 tablets to play on a WiiU (remember, frame rate is cut in half now) but 3-4 is prob out of the question because a frame rate drop for a 3rd or 4th tablet would literally **** on a fighting game.

3. Lets say 10-15 people enter an event and enter 2vs2? What happens if they have to face each other in bracket? LOL how will 2-4 people using tablets work on a WiiU if the WiiU wont support it? Now we are faced editing the bracket due to tablet users or we are faced to ban tablets.

Gea

Smash Master
Come on, step one is banning the damn tablet for obvious reasons. Step two is hoping someone makes a USB controller with a cord long enough that it doesn't matter for the two people who have to plug into the back.

Ban everything wireless period. And the stuff I mentioned IS your number 1, dingus.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dude, i took the wiiu to Riot's dorm and the console could not recognize the tablet and i was only 5 feet away. But that is just the game pad. I doubt most people will be using that (kinda like how next to no one uses the wiimote) but instead they will use the pro controller.

Yea the stuff Gea is talking about could def happen but im not worried about that as much as other stuff like.

1. wiimote+nunchuku, tablet, pro controller, classic pro controler all in one room. Every one of those has to sync and desync to a WiiU. SO MANY GAMES will be paused/wrecked in the middle of matches cause people either didn't desync or turn the battery around in the controllers.

2. Nintendo said they MAY allow 2 tablets to play on a WiiU (remember, frame rate is cut in half now) but 3-4 is prob out of the question because a frame rate drop for a 3rd or 4th tablet would literally **** on a fighting game.

3. Lets say 10-15 people enter an event and enter 2vs2? What happens if they have to face each other in bracket? LOL how will 2-4 people using tablets work on a WiiU if the WiiU wont support it? Now we are faced editing the bracket due to tablet users or we are faced to ban tablets.
F the tablet users. Trash players.

The Balloon Fighter VC games has customizable controls, and it shows an option for a second gamepad.

Xyro77

Are you kidding me? Wireless controllers are banned at EVO.
im 99.99% sure Kor got DQed from a tekken event at EVO cause he didnt desync his controller. so yes they do.

I don't care about Play N Trade or Gamestop tiny events or side events at other venues where the main game doesn't care so the TO of the side event chooses. I'm talking sizable tournaments where everyone will use wireless. It isn't done because it's absolutely dumb. By the way we've STILL had issues in Brawl with 2-3 people using wireless and everyone else wired. All it takes is one honest mistake to disrupt a set. It really is only allowed because it's less of an issue when only the newest of newgens even use a wiimote so you have 3-4 people with one out of 50+. And EVEN THEN there have been paused sets.

Oh and that was all info from a couple years ago. They even had a dedicated "desync" PS3 to go after your matches and they still had problems. It's going to suck *** trying to run a Smash 4 tournament.
maybe. i dont think so though.

Gea

Smash Master
Kor's issues happened at either EVO 2009 or 2010. They are banned because of issues like Kor, despite having precautionary measures to prevent said things. So they tried out wireless the best they could and banned them all because they ****ing suck.

And you're mental if you don't think tablets will be banned.

Xyro77

Ninten was first you ******
dude i know. thats why i asked if ness looked like him. if so, then ness is prob the retro char for ssb1.

F the tablet users. Trash players.

The Balloon Fighter VC games has customizable controls, and it shows an option for a second gamepad.

dude no. i will def use tablet for my smash 4. unless we have to ban it

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Come on, step one is banning the damn tablet for obvious reasons. Step two is hoping someone makes a USB controller with a cord long enough that it doesn't matter for the two people who have to plug into the back.

Ban everything wireless period. And the stuff I mentioned IS your number 1, dingus.
Whoever does that will earn extreme dosh.

Unless, Bamco is aware of the situation and is planning on doing somehing about it...

Smash 4 on fight sticks?

Xyro77

Kor's issues happened at either EVO 2009 or 2010. They are banned because of issues like Kor, despite having precautionary measures to prevent said things.
So what i said was true.

yet again, i am always right on everything i ever talk about because my knowledge knows no limits.

suck it, gea

Gea

Smash Master
Even an analog fightstick would be absolutely jank. They could make a mint on good controllers though. I doubt they care enough to produce them. We may get stuck with madcatz something.

Edit: Allan you clearly said they happened with no issues. They tried it out and there were massive issues so they banned them. You can run your HUBUS or whatever you'll call them with wireless whatever but you're dumb to.

Xyro77

Ninten was MOTHER, then Ness from MOTHER 2/EarthBound, and last was Lucas in MOTHER 3.
DEAR
LORD
I
KNOW

i was typing while u made that post addressing #1 so i didnt see it, you jack wagon bich.

Even an analog fightstick would be absolutely jank. They could make a mint on good controllers though. I doubt they care enough to produce them. We may get stuck with madcatz something.
Fighting sticks for smash= F THAT

Ive never owned a madcat/pelican/3rd party item that lasted more than 1 month.

Gea

Smash Master
i was typing while u made that post addressing #1 so i didnt see it, you jack wagon bich.
Sorry, I forgot I need to slow down for you. Have fun swapping batteries with the newgens as a sign of friendship. I hope they explode and you get battery acid in your eyes and you have to play on your tablet by sense of smell.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
dude i know. thats why i asked if ness looked like him. if so, then ness is prob the retro char for ssb1.

dude no. i will def use tablet for my smash 4. unless we have to ban it
Then you will have to stay at your own console.

If a Wii U doesn't have a pad, the system freezes. Or not use your Wii U for the tournament.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Go back to Melee Gea.
I don't want to come in here so soon and read through all this negativity. :applejack:

Xyro77

Edit: Allan you clearly said they happened with no issues.
Im pretty sure i said "minimal" issues. Hell, even GCN controllers provide minimal issues at every single event.

LEARN THE LORE, DUMMY!

You can run your HUBUS or whatever you'll call them with wireless whatever but you're dumb to.
I have literal savant like abilities when it comes to TOing and running event. I've dealt with some IMPOSSIBLE TO OVERCOME situations that i turned into POSSIBLE TO OVERCOME. I find your lack of faith disturbing but expect since its coming from a NERD PC GAMING NEW GEN SHEEK PLAYER.

Xyro77

Then you will have to stay at your own console.

If a Wii U doesn't have a pad, the system freezes. Or not use your Wii U for the tournament.

wait.......what?

I was watching netflix one time on wiiu and the tablet died but i was still able to watch netflix.

STOP LYING TO ME

Sorry, I forgot I need to slow down for you. Have fun swapping batteries with the newgens as a sign of friendship. I hope they explode and you get battery acid in your eyes and you have to play on your tablet by sense of smell.
My sense of smell is EQUALLY as powerful as my other senses. So losing sight is nothing to me. in fact i PREFER to smell my zair!

Go back to Melee Gea.
I don't want to come in here so soon and read through all this negativity. :applejack:
shut yo face. you are the king of negativity.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You thought the Netflix app wasn't working because you didn't turn on the TV.

Your savant abilities failed you.

User error wins.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Get on Wii U chat tonight, you know you want my WUB WUB WUB.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Exactly my point Xyro. It's MY job, not his.

@Gea: That door IS yellow, but what does a yellow door have anything to do with this discussion? I mean, that's near downright irrelevant. I might report you for spam. :applejack:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I don't understand MLP.

Anyways, as said earlier, maybe Madcatz will cash in the Smash Hype and build a top notch 3rd party controller. They do make quality fight sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom