• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Well, I know for one thing, you shouldn't have been derping around smashboards before a test, regardless.
i had claire on me. i cannot study with her screaming. trust me, you wouldn't know. your a nerd without a baby, this **** is easy for you.

gea, i dont know how to use a graph calc yet. im in intermediate algebra and we aint there yet i guess. the more i look at what tallman posted, the happier i get. im like 99% sure we didnt cover this type of problem. so it must be the bonus he was talking about.

Gea

Smash Master
a V. Gimme a sec

All of the Y values have to be greater than or equal to zero because of the absolute value. So just plug in a number for X, subtract 4 and if it is negative, knock off the sign. Plot some points and graph.

Xyro77

NICE

thats 2 probs i got wrong. combine that with the other 5 i KNOW i got wrong. thats 7 out of 17 wrong. pratice tests/reviews/HW are never as hard at the real tests. i just cant win.

F this game

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Did you study the general shape/trends of certain graphs? All graphs usually have a trend shape, i.e. all graphs that have y=x^2 plus/minus whatever all have the same general shape. If the graph doesn't match the general shape, you goofed somewhere.

Xyro77

Did you not know what an absolute value is? What did your graph look like?
i know that Y^2 or x^2 is a U shape. Absolute Values are always a V shape. I know if there is a -3(for example) in y=lx-3l then the V will move up or down. i know that if there is a +3(for example) in y=lxl+3 then the V will move left to right.

let me draw what i did on the test. gimmi a sec

EDIT: absolute values cant be negative, right?

Xyro77

You have it backwards. If the +3 is inside the funtion (like, |x-3|) then it moves to the right. If it's outside (y=x-3) it moves down.
boom. then thats part of the problem. no need for me to draw it out for you guys then if i cant even get that basic **** right. lol

Gea

Smash Master
What Tallman said. And yes, absolute values can never be negative, that's why it never dips below 0 (unless there is a + modifier outside of the | | )

Xyro77

im not gonna give up but i HIGHLY doubt its possible for me to make a B now. i would have to make HIGH B's or low A's the rest of the year. A's are simply not possible for me so i guess im doomed to Cs

clearly me wanting to major in math to help my daughter be good at it/help others be good at it( wanted to teach math) was the WORST mistake of all time. good thing i dont have that many credits yet and i can change majors without losing anything.

so yet again my parents were wrong. motivation does NOT help you reach your goal. and you cannot do anything you set your mind to.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
im not gonna give up but i HIGHLY doubt its possible for me to make a B now. i would have to make HIGH B's or low A's the rest of the year. A's are simply not possible for me so i guess im doomed to Cs

clearly me wanting to major in math to help my daughter be good at it/help others be good at it( wanted to teach math) was the WORST mistake of all time. good thing i dont have that many credits yet and i can change majors without losing anything.

so yet again my parents were wrong. motivation does NOT help you reach your goal. and you cannot do anything you set your mind to.
youre nothing without me

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would suggest a job in computers, but for the most part, they are low paying.

But there are a few fields of that are high paying, like digital forensics, security. Those require a toooooooooon of work though, because hackers will always develop new ways of hacking. My professor told of a job called Certified Security Professional where a basic analyst gets almost $90,000+. And for the most part, you just sit around and get paid until something actually happens. And you'll occasionally testify in court, but get paid while doing so, which will almost certainly lead to some overtime.

Xyro77

But there are a few fields of that are high paying, like digital forensics, security. Those require a toooooooooon of work though, because hackers will always develop new ways of hacking. My professor told of a job called Certified Security Professional where a basic analyst gets almost $90,000+. And for the most part, you just sit around and get paid until something actually happens.
Normally, i would want to jump on that without thinking about it. My old mindset used to be "dont care if i like the job or not, good money is good." But as time goes on, i realize want to SLIGHTLY enjoy what i do(i truly believe no one LOVES their job). I LOVE math but only when it works. Since me and math have a history of not working(whether i TRY or dont try), i dont think its wise to pursue it any further. So i may just revert back to a History major and just deal with not having any job options(history degrees are the easiest to get and the jobs opening are rare).

Xyro77

im not complaining btw. i fully accept im ******** and i brought it on myself. i just wanna find something i enjoy and pursue it.

im turning into my dad. he never went to college because he didnt know what he wanted to do, put 35 years into HL&&P and now he makes 110k(plus bonus each summer) at Chevron in a job position he HATES but he stays there cause the money/healthcare is awesome.

i dont wanna do that ****.

CY

Smash Ace

But there are a few fields of that are high paying, like digital forensics, security. Those require a toooooooooon of work though, because hackers will always develop new ways of hacking. My professor told of a job called Certified Security Professional where a basic analyst gets almost $90,000+. And for the most part, you just sit around and get paid until something actually happens. And you'll occasionally testify in court, but get paid while doing so, which will almost certainly lead to some overtime.
on the subject of college and stuff are you still doing nursing? if so how is it going for you?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
TotA is good so far. feels exactly like ToS
Just started my run. 3D effect works, but I kind of wish they did a better job with updating the graphics.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Say Zori...those are some nice puzzle pieces you got..

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom