• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
RoyR will return and I will **** socal even harder

and the game will see balance because it forces people to be creative and a pick a character that fits their style and not one that they think wins for them.
and there won't be no dominant character, I don't even know who'd be the best with him banned.

If a bunch of people start picking up Marth and got really good with him then marth could be the best
RoyR would come back?!?

Do not tease me like this.

CY

Smash Ace
ah well, idk it just seems HOBOs and TX tournaments like the past year have been small compared to how it used to be. by a drastic amount.

but MK getting banned should be a good change, a lot of people will get exposed now. ;)

also ozz Melee is more competitive than Brawl, that's why.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ah well, idk it just seems HOBOs and TX tournaments like the past year have been small compared to how it used to be.
its due to several reasons.

1. results almost never change
2. we have had SOOOO MANY HOBOs that its not "new" and "exciting" anymore
3. brawl has been played so much the game itself isnt AS "new" and "exciting" as it once was
4. due to 1-3 people wont travel for it much anymore

But overall(in the usa) its still living strong

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, I was bout to say the same thing. I think neighboring states are just less likely to carpool and fly in just for pretty much all of them to place under Gnes/razer/trela etc.

+ As the game has grown more popular, more and more tournaments are being held every weekend, which splits up attendance. If you have a big scene in your hometown, why not just host your own 15+ tournament instead of driving 10 hours to Texas.

I can't see how the MK ban would change results here at all though.

Xyro77

Yea, I was bout to say the same thing. I think neighboring states are just less likely to carpool and fly in just for pretty much all of them to place under Gnes/razer/trela etc.

+ As the game has grown more popular, more and more tournaments are being held every weekend, which splits up attendance. If you have a big scene in your hometown, why not just host your own 15+ tournament instead of driving 10 hours to Texas.

I can't see how the MK ban would change results here at all though.
think about it

dphat/dojo/infinity/d4ba/sethlon/p4/sync/pwii/esca/cy/any oos player/any pocket mk player(like tesh or alsm)

NONE of these guys an steal wins from people anymore. it will make a difference here.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Exactly, why would they want to travel to Houston with even LESS chance of beating Gnes, Trela, Razer etc. ?

Pretty sure no one considering attending a HOBO then decides not to cuz MK might wreck all of Texas...

Xyro77

Exactly, why would they want to travel to Houston with even LESS chance of beating Gnes, Trela, Razer etc. ?

Pretty sure no one considering attending a HOBO then decides not to cuz MK might wreck all of Texas...
so now u are arguing banning mk will hurt attendance? my 3 mk banned events proves you wrong.

Xyro77

tesh, what u fail to realize(as does anti ban) is that its not always about WINNING events or beating trela/gnes/razer. its about beating someone like ALSM's link(his main) with sonic then LOSING to his mk. its that dumb crap that the mk ban will fix the most

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Trust me a active MK main would love the game enough tand wouldpick up a different character
infact it would be a nice change for them

i dont think anyone will quit the game due to a MK ban, except for mew2king.

It will def bring a lot of old players out of retirement

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it will force esca to use the character he is better with and he will rise on the PR, thus a creating fallacy in your statement allan (seriously tho, his plays pit better than he does MK, and his MK is solid)

edit:

m2k will just use DDD and snake like the olden days

Xyro77

it will force esca to use the character he is better with and he will rise on the PR, thus a creating fallacy in your statement allan (seriously tho, his plays pit better than he does MK, and his MK is solid)
incorrect. many many people can beat his pit but lose to his MK. simply cause its MK.

Xyro77

No really, is RoyR coming out of retirement if MK is banned?
He always told me he would if MK got banned. But since hes married and has a full time job i dont see him coming back. makes me sad but yea

Trela

Smash Lord
I think it'll be interesting to see the different character combinations players make once MK is gone. I'm afraid of D3s and pocket D3s the most lol.

And stop throwing my name around along with Gnes and Razer! Who are we, some kind of GODS?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
No idea nike. He might just be too busy for smash, he's married now lol.

I think the MK ban will also strengthen the community because now you can't blame MK for your low placement and its really gonna push a lot of players to actually try their best in tournament

Nike.

Smash Hero
incorrect. many many people can beat his pit but lose to his MK. simply cause its MK.
We played a mm, 3/5.
I went up 2-1 against his pit.
He went mk the final 2 games and beat me.
Next day was HOBO31.
We met in the first round, he went MK and 2-0'd me :(

Xyro77

I think it'll be interesting to see the different character combinations players make once MK is gone. I'm afraid of D3s and pocket D3s the most lol.

And stop throwing my name around along with Gnes and Razer! Who are we, some kind of GODS?
yea i should drop your name from the list. kprime/denti took care of you.

WHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHA joking WHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorta WHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I think the MK ban will also strengthen the community because now you can't blame MK for your low placement and its really gonna push a lot of players to actually try their best in tournament
dude yes. i agree

We played a mm, 3/5.
I went up 2-1 against his pit.
He went mk the final 2 games and beat me.
Next day was HOBO31.
We met in the first round, he went MK and 2-0'd me :(
thats how it is with mk. been like that since day 1. so dumb

Tesh

Smash Hero
Your MK ban events were held back when HOBOs could get 80+ people easy though.

I'm not saying MK ban will hurt attendance (cept a few butthurt mk mains), but I don't think 100 people or even 60+ will flock back to HOBO.

In other regions, I expect changes, but I expect the MK ban to change very little in Texas.

@ Trela, yes
@ ozz, I can still blame snake, diddy, lucario, olimar

Xyro77

Your MK ban events were held back when HOBOs could get 80+ people easy though.

I'm not saying MK ban will hurt attendance (cept a few butthurt mk mains), but I don't think 100 people or even 60+ will flock back to HOBO.
i was around back then. attendance was lowering. mk banned event(hobo 17) brought in 100 people. we have not seen that since HOBO 10 and 11.

i can get 100 people to a hobo again. i just need to actually TRY like i do for a whobo.

you cant blame any other char now tesh. they all have counters whether its by level or by character

BioDG

Smash Ace
I don't see how a banned MK would cause "little" change in any regard. People's responses about this seem to reflect that, too.

lol tree's comment is the best reaction I've seen from this poll.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I can blame Olimar. I'm pretty sure I would lose to an Olimar mashing buttons with his eyes closed using a wireless controller from across the venue.

Xyro77

I can blame Olimar. I'm pretty sure I would lose to an Olimar mashing buttons with his eyes closed using a wireless controller from across the venue.
then u didnt counterpick marth/falco or frigate

again, your fault

Tesh

Smash Hero
but if i go falco, he can go pikachu game 3, or if i go marth he can go diddy or ddd, or dk
i still cant win game 3

Trela

Smash Lord
LOL I saw you edit in that sorta, Allan!

But yeah, I expect overall attendance to get better down here once the bat leaves, and maybe if Diddy gets banned too we can expect Samboner to return :troll:

Xyro77

but if i go falco, he can go pikachu game 3, or if i go marth he can go diddy or ddd, or dk
i still cant win game 3
u can ask for a double blind pick/CP stage/Change char.....ect

with mk gone, the CP system works perfect

Xyro77

LOL I saw you edit in that sorta, Allan!

But yeah, I expect overall attendance to get better down here once the bat leaves, and maybe if Diddy gets banned too we can expect Samboner to return :troll:
SAMBONER THE LEGENDARY FOX/SLIPPY WIZARD FROMM RUSSIA HES ONLY 7 YEARS OLD BUT HES BEATEN m2k's MOM AND ALLYS DOG AT A PIZZA HUT TOURNAMENT BEFORE AND I WAS THERE SO I SAW IT FIRST HAND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom