• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I bet it's because he's practicing in MH. Does he still play and is he still a LS user? If so, truly feral, tripping everyone.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
@ Nike. Nike. Texas Showdown will be on May 9th as well. Keep this in mind, not sure how organized it is right now...

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I wanna play Megafox. I'm not as broken spirited as San Antonio is lol. Feel like FERAL matches would be unavoidable and that I could win. Same for him tho.

Also May 9th is the worse date for everything lol. I got finals that day so I'm not going to anything.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I wanna play Megafox. I'm not as broken spirited as San Antonio is lol. Feel like FERAL matches would be unavoidable and that I could win. Same for him tho.

Also May 9th is the worse date for everything lol. I got finals that day so I'm not going to anything.
That means...
1. Trela
2. Fliphop

Trela

Smash Lord
If it makes a difference RT, I have 300$ saved for my eventual stream set-up.
From the TGC2 thread.

I like how he has taken the initiative to prepare a stream of his own, and he has my full-on support for this one.

Figured we should bring this up again cause we discuss it every other day. Time to take action, boys.

Allan, you might as well keep half of my TGC2 winnings for your stream, so around $250 I believe?

Also, unfortunate that WINGS4 conflicts with over events and people's schedules. Any chance it can be moved, perhaps?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If the money can be paid back, I can help fund the rest immediately.

If not, then I can make a smaller donation, but I am curious to see total cost and total collected before donating.

Also, if top donator, can I dedicate it to a past tourney?

Last edited:

stripheR

Smash Cadet
full basic stream setup that is decent would be starting around 800 .... easily hit 2000 with more advanced stuff, headsets for commentators, a green screen, lighting, etc.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Also, unfortunate that WINGS4 conflicts with over events and people's schedules. Any chance it can be moved, perhaps?
The original date was for the 16th, however I learned recently that I'll be out of town that weekend. The only other doable date is the 23rd, but I'm not gonna run a tourney the same day as Xyro lol.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Onion,

You challenged me to a MM at TGC and never came back after I accepted.

I take this as a sign that you forfeited.

Therefore you owe me $1. Welcome to the list. You're here forever now.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Aren't Kreb's tournaments on Sundays? Or is he running something else besides those new weeklies?

Also, doesn't the current venue not have reliable internet?

I'm completely disinterested in commentary happening for Houston. Having mics on hand to interact with chat is fine, but we don't need our videos contaminated by terrible commentary or inappropriate commentary.

I'm not trying to call anyone out ofcourse, and I'm one of the first to yell something stupid while people are playing, but too many people seem to think that passes as commentary.

We already have several people that can record so don't we just need extremely powerful wireless internet? I don't think we need all the bells and whistles like tourneylocator.

I cannot stress how terrible the smash community is at commentary. 95% of our commentary is people making up "facts" and obnoxious one-liners trying to imitate wombo-combo.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I already told him you're a nobody. Why do people think I'm kidding. I don't troll all the time...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Damaged like amiibo packaging?

Trela

Smash Lord
I'm completely disinterested in commentary happening for Houston. Having mics on hand to interact with chat is fine, but we don't need our videos contaminated by terrible commentary or inappropriate commentary.
I think it can be nice having commentary from the right people with the right mindset. Having those who can be calm, collected and informative is never a bad thing to have around. If we do any sort of commentary, only a select few should be allowed.

But we definitely should have someone in-between matches giving everyone some updates on the event or just talking with the chat, like you said. I was watching TeamSp00ky's stream yesterday of their invitational they had, and it's always nice to listen to the guy behind the stream do exactly what we're talking about without commentators at times. He's also well-versed in his local Smash 4 scene, knows who all the players are and gives his viewers a run-down on practically everything about the event.

spooby pls

I cannot stress how terrible the smash community is at commentary. 95% of our commentary is people making up "facts" and obnoxious one-liners trying to imitate wombo-combo.
Preach it.

Me/Karna/Gnes were watching this GFs set from Europe the other day, and when a Diddy got a Dthrow into multiple Uairs, one of the commentators were like, "THE READS!" While we were dying from laughter, it's yet another problem with commentators, in my opinion. They overrate situations and blow them out of proportion. Or just love riding on people's.......you know what's.

Speaking of all this talk about commentary, I wanna hear you commentate Tesh, lol. I think if you tried, you could do it :)

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
I'd like to try commentating too if needed. I enjoyed it that one time I did it at the Katy weekly.

Fox... I dunno. Seems like a demon when mastered, but then again I guess you could say the same about most characters. I hear the Mario Bros. do well against Fox.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Think about it guys
Fox Sheik and broken
Falcon is really good
This game is actually just Melee take my flawed logic and inconsistencies for it

Top Bottom