• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
True. There's just not much comradery between Houston and Dallas right now. I haven't seen much of Dallas come to Houston either except the trio Huey, Dewey, and Louie. I'd jump off the walls if Neon decided to actually come down for once so I could play him.

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
Karna when you gonna beat BC? I need to see a high stakes MM now.
Over the last few weeks we've been going back and forth each time we meet so history dictates I'll win the next time.
Ha, you know I'm always up for a money match!

Suspect

Smash Hero
You're at least maining the character cause you like him, which is RT's point earlier. You're playing for fun and doing hilarious things that tend to throw people off guard while trying to win in a fun way.
The few people choosing Diddy are playing to actually win with all the tactics they can abuse and throwing Uair 50 times in 20 seconds.
If the videos didn't keep skipping at important parts, I could've prolly had a better opinion but it still baffles me on why sylveon went Kirby game 3 against you.

I really wish I could see you vs Jopan especially, would've been fun to know how that turned out since Jopan usually took santi out at UA's or anything not LoS, so he definitely had Diddy experience and losing to you was a surprise for everyone. Otherwise I was just jumping on the boat (agreeing of course) with everyone else that was saying you were a god, not trying to be rude.
Long story short. You're mad people are playing to win instead of to have fun? You're pulling what Nike did in brawl "why are you using metaknight when you've never played a Kirby game"

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Long story short. You're mad people are playing to win instead of to have fun? You're pulling what Nike did in brawl "why are you using metaknight when you've never played a Kirby game"
I'm more amused by people who claim to have always loved MK despite not knowing about him before Smash. Same for Diddy in Smash 4 before it was discovered how good he is.

Funny how that works.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Razer, you old enough to drink yet? Still 16?
One month and I can, but won't.
from what i understand, denti/aerolink have traveled to SA and Houston tourneys, i just think it would be cool if more people did this for every city, even with the ruleset disagreements. i personally don't travel much due to personal stuff, but i would like to.

whispy, i definitely had issues with TO decisions but not as directly as you did. im sorry about what happened there.
Honestly, jumping down from 3 stocks to 2 stocks and add customs is a DRAMATIC difference for players who play with 3 stocks no customs. Jumping from 2 stocks to 3 stocks and no customs...seems like a better trade. Gives you more chance to win tbh. I don't want to travel to a tourney when I'm up b'ing at 9% and get DK up'b windboxed under battlefield and lose 1 out of my 2 stocks.

Lol the "boycott Dallas" thing doesn't have to do with me liking or disliking Dallas. It's 98% the rules and a sprinkle of Diddy. I was actually going to go to Aftershock. I took the days off of work in advance. Then, they put up customs. Immediate turnoff to travel that far, pay 35 venue + tournament and to run into the possibility of custom jank and Diddy. Very glad I didn't go. Teams was a main part for me going. If me and Trela played Zero/Dabuz in GF's and had to deal with that 1 hit KO. Literally would of just validated how I feel 100X. I was willing to compromise with 2 stocks. Customs broke the camel's back, legs, ribs, lungs, spinal cord, eye sockets, etc. I'm also not going to Evo because of customs.

Not to bash on Dallas, but only slightly over 100 entrants for a "national" is somewhat disappointing In terms of Smash 4, only Dabuz and Zero came out (if I'm right). I hope they would consider exploring trying an alternate ruleset to see turnout comparison. But, if the opportunity presents itself, I'd go to Dallas. Just F customs man lol.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
But if anyone wants to friendly me or even maybe MM me with customs, I'm down lol. They're fun, but I just don't want them for tournament play.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Damn, Razer about to turn legal for drinking...how time flies.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Probably not Flip. I work till 4 or 5 for now. Rush hour traffic is death. Then I got assignments due.
P R I O R I T I E S B O Y Z

RT, let me buy you a beer. Then let me throw it on the floor in front of you.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably not Flip. I work till 4 or 5 for now. Rush hour traffic is death. Then I got assignments due.
P R I O R I T I E S B O Y Z

RT, let me buy you a beer. Then let me throw it on the floor in front of you.
You can buy me an amiibo. Then I can owe you money.

Plot twist.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
KJ, I need Marth practice to be best Wooper

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Is there anything I have to do for the Mewtwo DLC? I already registered both games, and got the CD, but it shows up the Mewtwo DLC on my to-do list.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you got the CD, you should b good to go. Just have to wait until they send email for the codes.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Also, did Green Sleeves upload any other matches from TGC2? I see them post a few matches from TGC2, but now they're already posted some matches from SFC and KT2.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wait, TGC2? Isn't that next month? Are you from the future?

...is the Empire still alive?

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Wait, TGC2? Isn't that next month? Are you from the future?

...is the Empire still alive?
Lol RT. I guess TGC1. I saw into TGC12. Fliphop and Tiffhop win Grand Finals Teams.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
sure

I'll be at sync's all friday, come get your tips(;!
Half of me wants you to win so you can rename the series something hilarious and the other half wants to support my near-extinct fellow mains...
I answered the call out in the SAM 3 thread and I included examples of some names I'll use. Go read them and tell me which one you like the most.

And support ME over MARTH! Houston>marth

Last edited:

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
i was watching smash 4 at Aftershock and this is not a knock on the TO's or anything at all BUT the customs made the tournament super jank. I mean who didnt expect Zero and Dabuz to exploit the Fox and Olimar glitch and OHKO people.... singles was aight but still felt like a complete joke overall. I wish i could have taken i picture of the crowd size comparisons for you guys. At least 3x as many people were watching PM top 16 bracket compared to Smash 4 grand finals... just saying. Geat tournament though, shout out to all the houston guys that did go and chatted with me. Whispy did get screwed over by a dumb rule though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Take it as valuable learning experience, as a TO and as a player.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I answered the call out in the SAM 3 thread and I included examples of some names I'll use. Go read them and tell me which one you like the most.

And support ME over MARTH! Houston>marth
I'll concede that much in this game haha

SASS, WAIT, NUX, and WINGS were all great, its hard though to choose they're pretty good

Maybe start a poll over the names in this thread?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Can we do a write in for names? I think I have enough favors from people who owed me money to ask them to vote a particular name.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Can we do a write in for names? I think I have enough favors from people who owed me money to ask them to vote a particular name.
If people would start giving me their top 3 fav names I'll pick one from there and use it as the new name for the SAM series (if I win).

Go here to read the call out by Nike and the response by me Www.smashboards.com/threads/april-4th-2015-sam-3-san-antonio-monthly-for-smash-wiiu.393986/#post-18843414

Everybody please give me your top 3 fav names from the list I made in that thread.

Last edited:

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
If people would start giving me their top 3 fav names I'll pick one from there and use it as the new name for the SAM series (if I win).

Go here to read the call out by Nike and the response by me Www.smashboards.com/threads/april-4th-2015-sam-3-san-antonio-monthly-for-smash-wiiu.393986/#post-18843414

Everybody please give me your top 3 fav names from the list I made in that thread.
WINGS (Why Is Nike Gay Sometimes)
WAIT (Why Am I Trash)
TWIT (The Worst In Texas)

Last edited:
Top Bottom