• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
.................deal with it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
..........................Hobo 12

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Back at Zuma? I'm okay with this.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
MLG asked me. So I guess at this point....never.

I'll
Make thread tomorrow.

Xyro77

You would still feel a sense of legit completion (Poke dex wise) by cheating to get your final entry?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fine, you buy Pokemon Ranger for him, finish the entire game, trade it a 4th gen game, then trade it to a 5th gen game, and then trade it to his X/Y.

I'll wait.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Plus there's the fact that event pokemon are basically "Go to this place to get this event and if you don't do it within a time limit, you can never again get this pokemon" which is kinda stupid IMO.

Edit: I thought I heard that you can only get the Manaphy from Pokemon Ranger if the game is new? And since all copies of it now are used, you can't I thought.

:059:

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dude...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Especially for catching all the Pokemon and when Nintendo makes some event Pokemon Japan-only.

But you're right, cheating is bad. Buy me some plane tickets to Japan, and I promise I'll go legit.

Come on, be a real man and help me with this...I need your help Xyro. :(

Last edited:

Xyro77

It is an honor to announce that am hosting the return of an MLG (Major League Gaming) supported event in Houston Tx on May 3rd-4th 2014. This event, as well as other MLG supported events in the USA over the next 5 months, determine if Brawl/Melee/PM make it into the official MLG season schedule. This event, if supported to the max, will not only mean great things for the current smash games but can also help our future in Smash 4. Please go to this event and show MLG we want smash taken to the next level.

SWF Link: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-3-2014-whobo-mlg-houston-special-edition-houston-tx.348315/

AiB Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466

FaceBook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/278250605676938/?source=1

NOTE: There is a player cap of 200 entrants so if you plan on supporting this MLG event, please register asap.

Last edited:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
if u wanna be fair airbrushking ruined the surprise by making the page on aib, I just saw it because I still use the site for one reason or another

insomniavgc

Smash Rookie
Tesh, the 3ds version is ****.
3. Notice these other Brawl TOs that have appeared? They are either dead or have much lower numbers/power than me. Why? Because they are in it for money and to promote themselves or their business (insomnia, for example). They do not house the players, travel with the players, play with the players and do things with the players (movies/go out to eat....ect). I do things they never will and that is why I will never be defeated unless I give it up.
I don't know why I'm being singled out here. We're an honest mom and pop indie store that hosts lots of tournaments and make very little money doing it. I am not trying to "defeat you" or anyone else. We have lots of fun with our tournaments while still keeping it cheap and the competition high.

As I type, I'm wrapping up a 31 man Melee tournament after wrapping up a 48 man Project M tournament. After buying everyone pizza and drinks, paying my help for the day factoring utilities and free spots for providing equipment, I maybe netted $50. The winners each received paid spots into Texas Showdown. I didn't ask them to wear my shirt or use my name. They can, lol, but I don't ask or require it. I do this for fun and community. Of course having people find out about my business is a wonderful side product of this, but I could spend time and resources advertising in other mediums.

I just don't see any need to blow out any candles. From what I understand, you have enough to stand on without knocking what other people are doing.

Last edited:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm getting my YouTube Pokemon channel going. If you guys love me give me some likes and views :3

http://youtu.be/NMf9Lj0bp-M
But you closed your 3DS right before the results screen in our tourny match 2 weekends ago and so it counted as a disconnect and so I didn't get to save the match and upload it :(

But I shall watch when I get home.

Edit: How much do 3DS capture cards cost?

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Anyone have a Manaphy? I still need it to finish my pokedex. I tried hacking one and wasn't ever able to get one to go through pokebank.

If you still need this, I could help. I don't care much for hacking so I do have a legit one.

Also hate when people don't let you save replays. Which is always after the best matches.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You could just live record, but it's understandably not feasible sometimes.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
That's what I had to do back in gen 4. Of course, recording was a lot different back then. Everyone used webcams. And I literally had to record battles by closing my laptop almost all the way and set my DS inside of my laptop and use my palkia stylus to click the moves on the touch screen because that was the only stylus long enough to get in there. I even have a picture of that setup http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w299/KRDsonic/DS001.jpg

And then there were the days of getting an actual stand-alone webcam, which I still use.

Capture Card would make things SO much easier.

Edit: TL;DR version: Back in my day, I used to have to record pokemon while playing upsidedown.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
3DS capture card runs around $200-300. That's assuming you know (someone) that can solder it onto the 3DS. Assuming you don't mess up and destroy it...

A safer bet is to buy a dedicated recording unit for about $500. There is one for the regular or XL. Consider it an investment, because you could get a new laptop instead...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Beware of scammers trying to call you regarding your credit card being locked due to suspicious activity. I got a voicemail for such a call from an unknown number.

Credit card companies will pretty much NEVER call you. The safest thing to do is call the number on the back of the card and talk directly to an operator.

Just a friendly reminder to use common sense.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Beware of scammers trying to call you regarding your credit card being locked due to suspicious activity. I got a voicemail for such a call from an unknown number.

Credit card companies will pretty much NEVER call you. The safest thing to do is call the number on the back of the card and talk directly to an operator.

Just a friendly reminder to use common sense.
This^

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yep, another clue that it was fake.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
But you closed your 3DS right before the results screen in our tourny match 2 weekends ago and so it counted as a disconnect and so I didn't get to save the match and upload it :(

But I shall watch when I get home.

Edit: How much do 3DS capture cards cost?

Sorry dude didn't realize you wanted to save the match. But like RT said they're about $500, Me, Sync, and Tallman split one.

Xyro77

Japanese sales for DK:TF

- sold 35,717 copies in its first week
- Donkey Kong Country Returns sold 163,310 copies in its first week
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D sold 104,569 copies in its first week

I REALLY hope it's so low because the WiiU base is so low compared to the Wii/3DS.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It probably is because of low install base. Is Japan even big on DK games?

Regardless, it's a Nintendo game, so the lifetime sales will probably end up being normal.

Xyro77

It probably is because of low install base. Is Japan even big on DK games?

Regardless, it's a Nintendo game, so the lifetime sales will probably end up being normal.
Tbh, I'm not sure if japan likes DK.

Yea I know life time sales might be good but Nintendo needs consoles sold now. DK didn't move consoles.

Xyro77

I'll get the game tomorrow though. The music is just too damn good to ignore and the difficulty is a nice bonus.

Top Bottom